Longoni VP2 joint - Compatibility

Santin23

Registered
Hello everyone,

Perhaps the following questions has been discussed before, but I haven’t found any solid answer so far….

Do you know if I can pair a longoni 3-cushion shaft w/VP-2 joint with a Longoni pool cue butt??? Does it fit properly???

I know there are slightly differences between both designs, due to the specs for each discipline. Actually, I read in Longoni’s website that technical specs and the joint collars are different even for less than .5 mm. On the other hand I asked directly to Niels Feijen and he said they are compatible, so I’m confused now.

Thanks in advance!

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know for sure but from this page it seems all is good.

https://www.longonicues.com/longoni-specifications/longoni-joints

I can't find where Longoni mentions the .5mm difference but I'd guess that's probably the joint diameter difference between Pool and Carom, with the Carom shaft being larger than a Pool shaft.

Can't think of a reason to make 2 different size pins.

Edit: The supplied link shows 22mm Joint Dia for Carom and 21.3mm Dia for Pool

Santin23

Registered

I can't find where Longoni mentions the .5mm difference but I'd guess that's probably the joint diameter difference between Pool and Carom, with the Carom shaft being larger than a Pool shaft.

Yup, you’re right about the pins. Maybe I stated my question in a wrong way. My concern is not about the pin, but it’s about the collar diameter. As you mentioned, longoni specs said 22 mm for carom and 21.3 mm, so there’s 0.7 mm of difference (not .5 like I mentioned, sorry my mistake). So, I’m not sure if this slightly difference will affect in the long run.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, you’re right about the pins. Maybe I stated my question in a wrong way. My concern is not about the pin, but it’s about the collar diameter. As you mentioned, longoni specs said 22 mm for carom and 21.3 mm, so there’s 0.7 mm of difference (not .5 like I mentioned, sorry my mistake). So, I’m not sure if this slightly difference will affect in the long run.
The only thing it will bother is your hand, when it slides over the misfit joint.

I have many shafts and few of them are perfect diameter matches at the joint end.

One learns to stop touching it there!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The only thing it will bother is your hand, when it slides over the misfit joint.

I have many shafts and few of them are perfect diameter matches at the joint end.

One learns to stop touching it there!
ALL my chinese sneaky petes are perfect joint fits

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ALL my chinese sneaky petes are perfect joint fits
Screenshot_20221128-175610.jpg