Looking for a cue-case that holds 5 butts...

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
I'm looking for a cue case (soft or hard) that holds 5 butts and at least 7 shafts. Any pointers appreciated.

-- peer

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
RThomas82 said:
if you decide not to go with one that big i have a 4x6 ill sell ya

I already got a 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 3x5, 4x6, etc. What I need is one that holds 6 butts. By the way, here a pic of some of my cases:

Attachments

• pool-cases.jpg
    pool-cases.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 267

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At work here, they ordered for a display kit a sturdy container, it as heavy foam in it. The foam is scored in like one inch sections. I'll ask the guy who oredered it, where it was from (was thinking of getting one for myself, it was like $200). And then I will try to post it later today (it's 10 Eastern time).

Pete

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I will make you one. We, as in Sterling, currently make a semi-hard 4x8 that is super easy to make into a 5x or 6x or more.

Cheap.

PM me if you are interested.

RThomas82

vegas bound!!!!
Silver Member
the second to last one is actually the one im selling lmao ... you selling a 3x5 by any chance

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
RThomas82 said:
the second to last one is actually the one im selling lmao ... you selling a 3x5 by any chance

Actually, I wanna get rid of all those cases. The one furthest to the right is a 3x5 case.

-- peer

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
JB Cases said:
I will make you one. We, as in Sterling, currently make a semi-hard 4x8 that is super easy to make into a 5x or 6x or more.

Cheap.

Sounds like a good offer :)

BTW, what is a semi hard? can you post pictures of the existing 4x8 (especially of the internal of the case)

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
JB Cases said:

Cheap.

And you can PM me if you are still interested in making the white 5x7 for me :)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again, Scott, you talk off the top of your head, without knowing what you're talking about. I use an Instroke zippered leather case, that holds 6 butts, and 12 shafts. I've seen several others like mine. IIRC, it was manufactured by the German side of Instroke. I'm surprised JB didn't mention it.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Snapshot9 said:
to get larger than a 4 x 8, you have to go to a dealer's case.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a soft instroke case that I am sure can hold more. Let me know. It is a 4x8 like Scott's.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Once again, Scott, you talk off the top of your head, without knowing what you're talking about. I use an Instroke zippered leather case, that holds 6 butts, and 12 shafts. I've seen several others like mine. IIRC, it was manufactured by the German side of Instroke. I'm surprised JB didn't mention it.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Actually that case is also manufactured by the Taiwan side as well. I didn't mention it because I am a case maker who can provide what Peer is asking about. I think it's time that I stopped talking about Instroke cases since I am back in the game.

This is the year I leave Instroke for good. I hope that they continue to build good cases and keep the brand strong. It's my child after all and everyone wants to see their child do well.

My strength now is that I can "custom" produce any production model case we carry. In about 6 weeks we are adding 60 new models to our line up. And all of of our old models have been "upgraded" with improvements over what the old factory was doing.

I am using two new factories - not the same one that 90% of the cases on the market come from - but two new ones that I control as far as design and quality are concerned.

So with this in mind I can provide a custom case in any price range from $5 to $2000 (or higher if we can figure out how to put MORE work in or on the case.) The only catch is that shipping is generally going to be around $75 for 2x4ish size case. So it doesn't make a lot of sense to customise an $80 retail case and then pay $75 shipping - unless you really WANT it.

This next year will be a revolution in cases, in models available to the public through dealers and in the practically unlimited choice offered by custom production of any existing models. You're paying for the design changes - you get what you want for a nominal upcharge - we get the new pattern - I supervise the construction so you get top quality - win-win all the way around.

This would be a good time to call Sterling Gaming and start a dealer account if you don't have one already. 877-283-7444 You don't want to be competing against these new cases, you want to be making money off of them.

John Barton - Sterling Gaming - JB Cases

P.S. I'd show you pictures but Sterling is going to be doing the unveiling!

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Peer said:
I'm looking for a cue case (soft or hard) that holds 5 butts and at least 7 shafts. Any pointers appreciated.

-- peer

3x10, 4x8, 5x6 all for the same price as a 3x6. Even though not a tight fit, you have to put shafts and butts together. Cost is $535.

3B10S.jpg

4B8S.jpg

5B6S.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
4x8 fully padded and protected: Can be 5x8, 6x6, 4x10 or whatever you want to overstuff in there.

Empty
4x8.jpg

Full with all pieces in individual compartments
4x8-full.jpg

And thanks for the order - your custom production case will be done in a few weeks.

sygfrid

alaskador
Silver Member
Oh, there you have it! 2 great case makers showing their works to you personally for you to choose from

Personally, I like the slow-acclimatization property of JB's case. When I got home last night about an hour after I left the pool hall, I took out my cues to clean them. I was surprised to feel the cues still cold as if I were still in the airconditioned pool hall. :smile: