looking for a good pool hall in knoxville tn

"THE MACHINE"

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
going to be in knoxville tn. in two weeks and looking for a good pool hall to go to on friday night and maybe a little 9ball, one pocket action.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
going to be in knoxville tn. in two weeks and looking for a good pool hall to go to on friday night and maybe a little 9ball, one pocket action.

Bailey's is the first that comes to mind. It's on the southern end of Knoxville. Send Renfro a message on here. He knows the area well.

Enjoy your trip.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
KBC on Chapman Hwy is indeed still Open and has arguably the best cheeseburgers in town... It is dry tho so if you want beverages it will be coke or pepsi =) The owner is Bill Gray and he said come on down and he'd try and get you matched up for some 1hole or 9ball... Pretty much this is a pure pool hall... If you are bringing your girlfriend Baileys below will be your best option..... The jukebox gets heavy use but the selections are usually pool hall standards so it is usually not bothersome....

Baileys in seven Oaks Plaza is a sports bar with tables... 12 8-overs and 8 9fts.. Adult beverages but everything is wayyyyy overpriced... Action will be sparse and they have a DJ on Friday night so that can be painful for some as well....

Rack and Run behind Grayson Pontiac off Kingston Pike has valley bar boxes and will have some 9ball action if you are a bar box player but KBC has Valleys as well... Rack and Run has beer only, no liquor and I think all the tables get used on Friday night for a handicapped tournament but that may be Saturday.. I would rather not play than play on a valley barbox so I can never recall which nights they do tournaments.....

If I knew your speed I could likely help steer you...

Hope this helps,

Chris

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Renfro, KBC has the best burger. I lived there 14 years ago and played at KBC all the time and could not get enough of those burgers. Great place, to get a game at the time, always action in pockets, 9 ball and golf.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Rack and Run has well maintained bar tables that play good. IMO, that is the best spot in this town to get any action. I am not a regular there but I would be glad to meet up with you and try you some rotation if you would like.

KBC has gaffy bar boxes and the 9 ft'ers play a little off as well. Best bet for action there will be 1P. I like the guys (father/son) that run it and the food is usually pretty good but it is not my first choice when it comes to equipment.

Baileys is a bar with junk tables. Not trying to dissuade you from going there but if you are looking for good equipment don't bother. The food is good and they have a full bar but it is pricey and if you are used to good tables you will pull what is left of your hair out lol.

Feel free to PM me if you want, I will be happy to give you my info.

"THE MACHINE"

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just looking for some cheap 50 sets of nine ball or some one pocket. im just a average b or high c player. most everyone in louisville or surrounding areas know me real well

bulletjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can assure you that there ain't much action in town. I have been here a couple months and stirred every pot there is. I will play you some one hole at baileys. Just ask where is the "carolina kid" and someone will probably call. I am the only action in town and I don't even live here . lol

Banker1978

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just looking for some cheap 50 sets of nine ball or some one pocket. im just a average b or high c player. most everyone in louisville or surrounding areas know me real well

Hey, I live close to Knoxville. If you will be around the weekend of Nov. 2, I would like to get out and play some. I would be willing to play some $50 9 ball sets at any of the places mentioned. I'm not much of a one pocket player, but I might be persuaded to try a little :smile:
[/I]

"THE MACHINE"

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for everyone responding. think im going to go to kbc friday night. from all the post that looks like the best place and quess im going to have to try one of those special burgers too lol. looking forward to meeting everyone and having some new pool friends in different places.

"THE MACHINE"

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
leaving tonight for gatlingburg so look out knoxville, be there tomorrow night at the kbc. looking forward to hanging out somewhere new and getting to know some new friends in another city. see you all tomorrow night.

infest

Banger
Silver Member
leaving tonight for gatlingburg so look out knoxville, be there tomorrow night at the kbc. looking forward to hanging out somewhere new and getting to know some new friends in another city. see you all tomorrow night.

Gatlinburg is beautiful this time of year. I'm quite jealous.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to dereail, but I was in Gatlinburg 2 weeks ago for 4 days. It was great! Of course, it was peak season and PACKED!!

Good Luck finding a game and hope you bring some of that volunteer money back to the Bluegrass state!!:thumbup:

Gary

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They won't bet waters wet in knoxville. Except KTown and he's tighter then a hooker playing pennie slots. Haha