Looking for logo help

moccabee

Mocc1Cues
Silver Member
I have tried creating an engraving for my cues using Bobcad but when I run it through the machine it doesn't look good.

Magneto font

Mocc 1

I have attached a copy of the G-code as well.

View attachment mocc1_175_magneto.txt

Do I need to spread the letters out or go deeper on my cuts? What size end mill should I be using?

Last edited:

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Can you also post a picture?
I just created 2 logos for myself using Bobcad and all looks nice.
The reason for the logo not too look good has way to many variables from Cad and Cam side.

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Make sure you vectorized the font.

Rick,

None of the logos I did had a vectorized font. He needs to use a stick font. He may have to explode it so he can find anything wrong with it. When you explode anything in Bobcad it actually vectorizes it. In my case I used some pretty clean fonts.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I've been writing G Code since 1977 and have no clue what this means,,,,,, can you explain please.

Ren,

When you choose a font in Bobcad there is a button to vectorize the font.

I think you can make notes as such on your drawings without it but is you want to use the font as a geometry you press the vectorized button right after you select the font.

Maybe I am wrong but that is what I do when I put someone's name or monogram on a cue. My logo is a straight line e that I drew the geometry for.

Rick

moccabee

Mocc1Cues
Silver Member
Here is the updated G-code file. My previous one was hanging in Mach3.

Attachments

• mocc1_175_magneto_updated.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 159

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ren,

When you choose a font in Bobcad there is a button to vectorize the font.

I think you can make notes as such on your drawings without it but is you want to use the font as a geometry you press the vectorized button right after you select the font.

Maybe I am wrong but that is what I do when I put someone's name or monogram on a cue. My logo is a straight line e that I drew the geometry for.

Rick

Thanks Rick, I have never used Bobcad,,,,,,,,,,