Looking for medium to hard tip

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like triangles and lepros in that order but my favorite is the Adam franks milk duds. They grip the cb like a soft tip but you can break with them and they don't mushroom or need maintenance. I had one put on my bar beater/break cue about a year ago and still haven't had to do anything with it and I break with it at least 50-100 times a week. Also it only needs chalked about every 9 shots. You can get them from a fellow azb'r for about $6 if I remember right.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I changed to triangle tips a few years back, and have been very happy with them until this last few I bought. THhey were so hard that they "twanged" or "tinged" (if thats a word)

Has anyone else had this happen? Thats why I'm going to try the royal oak and triumphs

I want something out of the box without playing with them.

I was really happy with triangles, now I dont trust them.

Shroder

Registered
I've found the few tiger sniper tips that i've had were great. lasted a long time and didn't require too much maintenance. i don't know what they're durometer value is, but they are middle of the road in cost (for a layered tip), and seemed harder than the onyx i'm running now (which is labeled as a medium).

Lil_Kasper

Like A Boss
Silver Member
I like and shoot with a Sniper Tip, but they seem to be harder than what was posted earlier saying they were 67 on the scale.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
So.... FYI, while I'm the extreme opposite of frugal, I do despise spending more on things that seem to me to be over priced, purely on principal. Two good examples are 30 dollar cubes of.chalk, and 20 dollar fingernail sized pieces of leather

For that reason, I never gave layered tips a second thought. Then I saw how reasonable Tiger Emerald tips were. I tried one, and think it is much better than the Triangles, believe it or not.

So,price considered,I highly recommend them.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I changed to triangle tips a few years back, and have been very happy with them until this last few I bought. THhey were so hard that they "twanged" or "tinged" (if thats a word)

Has anyone else had this happen? Thats why I'm going to try the royal oak and triumphs

I want something out of the box without playing with them.

I was really happy with triangles, now I dont trust them.

I use triangles...when my start to ting , it has always been the glue
has let go..the tip is loose in the center..when it twangs I'm miss cueing
a little , an some times the tip is loose on the outer edge.
The singing sword syndrome.I also think that when the tip glazes over
there's a little singing going on as well..these are my thoughts..Lol.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use triangles...when my start to ting , it has always been the glue
has let go..the tip is loose in the center..when it twangs I'm miss cueing
a little , an some times the tip is loose on the outer edge.
The singing sword syndrome.I also think that when the tip glazes over
there's a little singing going on as well..these are my thoughts..Lol.

I have a 3 year old sniper on the cue I'm playing with right now. It has about a dime's width of height left on the tip so I know I'm going to have to replace it soon. It's hard as hell from being used for so long and it kind of has that little ting sound when you stroke the cue ball. Plain and simple I LOVE the feeling/response I get when I use it. On my other cue I had a kamui black soft and I think it might be part of the problem of why I went back to my old cue. So if the op wants a medium hard tip I really like the sniper's but it has to be a broke in one. I think triangles, based on the posts by other people, are probably the most similar to the type of tip I like.