looking to buy a 3 or 4 headed cnc machine

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please any info on a source where i can buy a 3 or even better a 4 headed cnc machine and if someone know a really greatly priced place to buy all the parts to make my own thanks for yalls help in advance

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What size are you looking for?

The best bang for the buck, IMHO, are the 3040 or 6040 machines on ebay. You can pick up a 4 axis 3040 for under $600 and a 6040 for around $1000. Keep in mind, this size is not long enough to taper a shaft/butt but it will do everything else you need for cue work. The 3040 is about 11.8" wide by 15.5" long, the 6040 is about 15.5" wide by 23.5" long.

Post up what you're looking to do and someone will chime in ;)

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s a couple on IRS auction, closes tomorrow in York. Both have tool changers, one is 4 axis, other is 3. Only one router on each but 4a has multiple heads including drill that could be swapped to another routers. Wish i had the space & time to rig out this month. Neither one is past 1300 yet though there is always a huge bump at the end.

smt

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I believe some may have misread, so here is somewhat along the lines of what he is looking for. to the OP, Lee from Brianna's had done one of these years ago using a the powerhead from a planer, mounted on basically linear rails mounted vertically. I only saw the preview video, so don't know how it really did, or if it worked out well.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
this is what Brianna had....
1612159800040.png

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I only remember seeing the video he posted....looked cool but then it turned into another Brianna Vaporware. The concept seems cool and explorable, but too much $$$$ needed for exploration for my blood.

JC

Coos Cues
How do the high volume production cue companies do their shafts? My guess is a machine that will turn multiple shafts would come in two varieties. Buggy or unaffordable. Bludworth and Brianna fell in category one.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
How do the high volume production cue companies do their shafts? My guess is a machine that will turn multiple shafts would come in two varieties. Buggy or unaffordable. Bludworth and Brianna fell in category one.
I believe at one time Royce from OB had posted a video of the machine they used, it was like a 10 headed machine....Very expensive, but very productive.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever you choose it's gonne be a custom setup with tooling costs reflecting that fact. Unique is the only one I know of that has a turn key solution for you.
My question is how many shafts do you plan on doing? I'm sure a dual spindle machine would be enough for most of us.
Since I can just load whatever profile I like with 99.9% repeatability I could process quite a few shafts in a day if quantity was my goal.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My view, is get to making composite shafts. That is still a very un tapped market. But high end, so as good or better than what Predator are making.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the replies so far everyone.
i almost gave up hoping to get any responses. lol.
just now seen everyones comments as i havent been on here since early saturday.
i am looking specifically for to be able to make a machine like jim sickles. style with 3 or 4 heads to mainly taper butts and handles and also shafts etc.
i do have a really nice table saw shaft cutting machine.
and it cuts a shaft at just barely over a minute and it feels like its been sanded after its been turned lol.
so mainly looking to turn handles and butts with it.
anyone know of a website where i could pick up the seperate parts to assemble a machine in the same conversation as the unique 4 headed rage machine.
again thanks for the repls so far. guys. it means alot

Last edited: