Looking to buy a 5x10 carom heated table???

Pnguyengiap

Registered
Hi everyone,
I’m looking for a 5x10 heated table with delivery and installation in VA
do you have anh suggestions??
i’m newbie to setting up a table at home
Should I get a Berhoevern or Gabriel used table??
my budget is around 7k including everything
thank you

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Should I get a Verhoeven or Gabriel used table??
my budget is around 7k including everything
Either one will be fine. It's important to have it set up by a good mechanic. There is a used Verhoeven (from a billiard room) right now on Ebay for $5000 in New Jersey. They will consider offers, so you might try $4000.

Pnguyengiap

Registered
Either one will be fine. It's important to have it set up by a good mechanic. There is a used Verhoeven (from a billiard room) right now on Ebay for $5000 in New Jersey. They will consider offers, so you might try $4000.

Tks, i been try to reach them but no reply on eBay yet

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tks, i been try to reach them but no reply on eBay yet
The table appears to be in a commercial room in the Ebay listing, which says pickup is free in Little Ferry, NJ. Google maps says the only billiard room there is Royal Billiards, which has pictures like this:

CropperCapture[736].png

Their phone number is listed as: 201-641-7665

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesura is a member here.
Pretty sure he buys, sells, and sets 3C tables up.

redcordes

Yura just finished setting up a heated 1992 Verhoeven President model up for me yesterday. She's a beauty. I contacted him a year ago and he spoke with me to determine what I wanted, the logistics of getting it in place and said he would find me one. A week ago called me and asked if I was ready. Hell yeah! This shit doesn't happen over night. Best Christmas present ever. Just so you know, had to remove an exterior door, frame and all, along with a little sawzall work in the stairwell to get the 5x10 oak timber frame down the cellar stairs. Got to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worth every bit of work! Congrats!

Hell, I spent $300 hiring three local firemen for an hour to help Yura and me with the Gabriels 2" slates. Worth every penny.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of the rooms within an hour of me that had a 3C tables are gone.
Miss playing 3C.
I would love to have one.

TrxR

I would love to have one myself some day but dont even know what brands to look at or which to stay away from.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to have one myself some day but dont even know what brands to look at or which to stay away from.
That's the easy part and one lots of folks here would help you with.

The hard part is having a place to put it. Took me 10+ years.

Timkrieger

On this topic, in terms of carom tables to stay away from, anything wrong with the antique Brunswicks? I (somehow) have started to collect antique Brunswicks so I'm softly looking for a 5x10 Brunswick carom table myself, no rush, but I'm always looking at old Brunswicks. I would think the same rules apply when looking at any table, good condition, all complete hardware, slate condition, but was just wondering if there are any tables out there that are known to have issues?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On this topic, in terms of carom tables to stay away from, anything wrong with the antique Brunswicks? I (somehow) have started to collect antique Brunswicks so I'm softly looking for a 5x10 Brunswick carom table myself, no rush, but I'm always looking at old Brunswicks. I would think the same rules apply when looking at any table, good condition, all complete hardware, slate condition, but was just wondering if there are any tables out there that are known to have issues?
I can't speak to inherent issues with the older Brunswicks, but I know they play poorly, compared to contemporary European offerings.

I'd rather pay 10k for a heated euro table than 2k for a gold crown one.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I'd rather pay 10k for a heated euro table than 2k for a gold crown one.
I suspect that Tim had something in mind like a Kling rather than a Gold Crown. Maybe like:

CropperCapture[858].png

To answer the question a little better, 100-year-old tables can have various problems, but I think nothing that can't be fixed. The main problem I see is that if you are used to the speed of a modern, heated table, it might be hard to get on a Kling.

On the other hand, in 1978 Raymond Ceulemans set a record 3-C world tournament average of 1.679. That was on old, unheated Brunswick tables in Las Vegas. It was dry. It took 8 years for Ceulemans to pass that average in a WC which happened again in Las Vegas, but on modern tables (Søren Søgaard).

I'd guess that a Kling like the above restored and in best playable condition would be $40-$50k installed.

Timkrieger

I suspect that Tim had something in mind like a Kling rather than a Gold Crown. Maybe like:

View attachment 623443
To answer the question a little better, 100-year-old tables can have various problems, but I think nothing that can't be fixed. The main problem I see is that if you are used to the speed of a modern, heated table, it might be hard to get on a Kling.

On the other hand, in 1978 Raymond Ceulemans set a record 3-C world tournament average of 1.679. That was on old, unheated Brunswick tables in Las Vegas. It was dry. It took 8 years for Ceulemans to pass that average in a WC which happened again in Las Vegas, but on modern tables (Søren Søgaard).

I'd guess that a Kling like the above restored and in best playable condition would be $40-$50k installed.
😃 Exactly, I actually took a trip last week down to Clovis California and spent the afternoon with Bob Bebb of Rebco. Wonderful guy and amazing workshop, about 200 vintage tables. Unbelievable craftsmanship. I guess the key is if a mechanic like Bob has worked on a table, or restored it, it will definitely play well.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
😃 Exactly, I actually took a trip last week down to Clovis California and spent the afternoon with Bob Bebb of Rebco. Wonderful guy and amazing workshop, about 200 vintage tables. Unbelievable craftsmanship. I guess the key is if a mechanic like Bob has worked on a table, or restored it, it will definitely play well.
That visit sounds like a very cool experience.