Louie Roberts Award plug

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was always been named the "Action and Entertainment Award" in the past, don't know what you're referring to,
as I just went back and looked, not that I had to as I never recall it being called anything else.

Louie Roberts didn't create action by streaming it, he created it by playing. This is a player award and I could even go with a backer, but I can't vote for the guy streaming it. The games that took place would of happened whether on stream or not. Ray does a lot for pool and I appreciate that.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Although the award has only gone to players so far, Greg was always clear it could go to a player a stakehorse or other person that made things happen in terms of action/entertainment. I know John Mars got serious consideration one year.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Exactly!
It isn't stopping all the people that didn't even attend to try to change the rules lol.

The rules are pretty clear. It doesn't have to be a player.

The committee has, in the history of the award, received and accepted votes for many attendees that are primarily stake horses or action facilitators.

Freddie

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The rules are pretty clear. It doesn't have to be a player.

The committee has, in the history of the award, received and accepted votes for many attendees that are primarily stake horses or action facilitators.

Freddie

What action/entertainment did he create for people ATTENDING? cause those are the voters?

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reporter should never be the story. When that happens, there is no story.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shannon Dalton - the Ultimate Action Figure at DCC

I'm not sure Ray wants the promotion of gambling award, so........

I'll cast mine for Shannon Dalton, who has a huge gambling heart and showcased it by winning this year's DCC Bank Pool Tournament.

shannon-daulton-grat-southern.jpg

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
What action/entertainment did he create for people ATTENDING? cause those are the voters?

There was standing room only for every match that came through Ray's room. The room is not that big, but still we are talking 30 or more people watching all the time. That's not much different from the number of sweators around any one table in the action room, in fact often if you counted all the sweators in the action room it would be no more than what was in Ray's room.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure Ray wants the promotion of gambling award, so........

I'll cast mine for Shannon Dalton, who has a huge gambling heart and showcased it by winning this year's DCC Bank Pool Tournament.

shannon-daulton-grat-southern.jpg

It's not like it's an illegal gambling award -- it's for "action and entertainment", and if anything was made clear by all the publicity regarding extra curricular gambling at DCC this year, the one kind of money game they did not seem to have a problem with was the two-man tournaments that Ray orchestrated so many of over the course of the event. That's the whole reason why I suggested him.

But CJ, if you were there, I think as much of a fan of Shannon Daulton I am -- which is huge -- in terms of tournament player entertainer you would have to know the most entertaining high profile player by a long shot was Master of the Table winner, Alex Pagulayan.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scott Frost should get an award for challenging anyone at the tournament to play O-P

It's not like it's an illegal gambling award -- it's for "action and entertainment", and if anything was made clear by all the publicity regarding extra curricular gambling at DCC this year, the one kind of money game they did not seem to have a problem with was the two-man tournaments that Ray orchestrated so many of over the course of the event. That's the whole reason why I suggested him.

But CJ, if you were there, I think as much of a fan of Shannon Daulton I am -- which is huge -- in terms of tournament player entertainer you would have to know the most entertaining high profile player by a long shot was Master of the Table winner, Alex Pagulayan.

I met both of them before they were 16, and Alex is funny.

Shannon, on the other hand is well rounded, so I give him the slight nod.

Scott Frost should get an award for challenging anyone at the tournament to play one-pocket, especially if no one ended up playing him.
efren-reyes-vs-scott-frost-challenge-match-66.jpg