Louie Roberts Award plug

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think this is the perfect year to give the award to the guy that brings together the most action for our entertainment over the last few years, and that is Ray 'Big Truck' Hanson. Without him, and with the recent heavy shadow of "no betting, no gambling" cast over the DCC we would have been denied a big part of what makes the Derby so entertaining -- and you get to take it in both at the Derby and from the comfort of home. Thank you to Big Truck, and he gets my vote.

Although there is no association with the Derby City Classic productions and organizers, the Louie Roberts Award will continue.

As has been previously, the Award will be voted on by members of the internet forum community, mainly AZBilliards and OnePocket.org, that attend the event. They can email LouieRobertsAE@gmail.com after they return home from the event to cast their votes. Just say as many or as few people you think deserve consideration (like Hall of Fame voting).

Additionally, non-forum members that are at the event can give their votes directly to me at the event.

Although the Committee still has to work out the details, the Award is still going to the person whom attendees deem to entertain the most in the non-tournament environment.

The biggest change this year: there is no affiliation between the Louie Roberts Award and the Derby City Classic. This is wholly a non-DCC sponsored award.

Thank you,

Freddie Agnir
Louie Roberts Committee Head

--------------------------------

Louis Roberts Award

• The award is given to the person that exemplifies entertainment in non-tournament settings

Past Recipients:

2003 – Alex Pagulayan
2004 – Tony Watson
2005 – Scott Frost
2006 – Cliff Joyner
2007 – Chris Bartram
2008 – Shane Van Boening
2009 – Scooter Goodman
2010 – Jeanette Lee
2011 – David Peat
2012 - Tony Coleman
2013 – Chris Gentile
2014 – Richie Richeson

Who Gets to Vote:

• Forum members who attend the DCC - this makes YOU (forum members) responsible for the voting
• Other action aficionados that might not frequent forums

Who is Eligible for the Award:

• Anyone who the voter deems worthy of the award based on what the voter feels is exciting and entertaining in the non-tournament settings
• Whatever that means to the voter
• The award doesn’t have to go to a player: a player, backer, sweater, rail bird, etc. can win
• They do not have to be in any tournament
• No previous winner can repeat

Where and How to Vote:

Seek me out at the Derby City Classic ( I arrive Tuesday Jan 27th for the remainder of the week). I will log your votes immediately.

or

For those who cannot find me for some reason at the DCC – email your vote(s) when you get back home to:

LouieRobertsAE@gmail.com (Please be sure to write your Forum Name and when you attended the Derby City Classic)

Send (or tell) as many names as you want. This would be similar to Hall of Fame balloting. For example, if you can't decide whether one guy or another should get your vote, send both if you want. If you think five people deserve to be mentioned, send five names.

Voting Closing and Announcement

Voting Will Close on Sunday Feb 1st at Midnight

The committee will make an announcement as soon possible, targeting within a day of the end of the event. That should give everyone enough time to either give me their votes at the Derby or send me an email when they leave. If you’re planning a one week drive home, you might want to seek me out.

Any questions, concerns or clarifications, please email to

LouieRobertsAE@gmail.com

Regards,

Freddie Agnir

Louie Roberts Award Committee Head

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you were at the Derby then please consider voting -- whether for Ray or whoever your preference is. It's a nice honor and great that Greg does it and let's show Greg our support by voting!!

LouieRobertsAE@gmail.com

ToddW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has my vote also. Is this how you vote or please post link. I haven't voted before. It was my first derby since 2009.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's an honor, whether or not it is a $$ benefit -- however, as someone posted below Greg was providing a room for the winner, and I assume that is still true even with the changes to the award.

To vote send an email to Freddy Agnir, who coordinates the award:

LouieRobertsAE@gmail.com

Whoever you support, if you were there or are eligible to vote, then get your vote in!!!

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always thought the award was for creating action and excitement. While many appreciate some of it being streamed, just what action did he create??

I guess I'm just not understanding how someone that just streams the action others create would get chosen over those that actually create the action. :confused: And, isn't it just supposed to be for action at the DCC?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I always thought the award was for creating action and excitement. While many appreciate some of it being streamed, just what action did he create??

I guess I'm just not understanding how someone that just streams the action others create would get chosen over those that actually create the action. :confused: And, isn't it just supposed to be for action at the DCC?

Agree 100% streaming does not qualify, especially streaming that they charge for.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He's streaming Action for the Entertainment of others.

For a price! Also, the people AT THE DERBY - the ones voting - are not watching a stream, they're watching the ACTION live.
If this is the case, then Greg should win every year cause he puts on the event.

Last edited:

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Big Truck would be perfect match for the award.

First he was working for every hour to bring to homes, like myself, that couldn't make it there. Very grueling! And second, it would mean that he gets a yearly free invite to return! So he gets to do it every year!!!

Maybe he isn't pulling for himself now. But many of us are.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is not an action award. It is an entertainment award. You can go back and search the threads form every year. It is always a talked about issue.

But if it were an action award, shouldn't it then be given to a backer?

I think St Louis Louie, and his entertaining personality and ability to create action is what the spirit of the award is about.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not an action award. It is an entertainment award. You can go back and search the threads form every year. It is always a talked about issue.

But if it were an action award, shouldn't it then be given to a backer?

I think St Louis Louie, and his entertaining personality and ability to create action is what the spirit of the award is about.

So, I'll ask again. What action did Ray create at the DCC??