Low Deflection Shaft with BHE

devindra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received my Predator 3142 shaft and I am impressed. I have only played with regular maple shafts but it was quite easy for me to adjust.

My opinion is that it hits pretty good and it moves the cue ball around the table more easily but the one thing that really impressed me was using BHE with it.

I hit a few shots with it and worked out that the effective pivot point for typical shots was around 13-15inches. I am making more shots with this shaft because it gives me a reference point to begin with since the effective pivot point is around 15inches which is half the length of the shaft.

Does anybody else feel that this helps them?

Right now BHE and a LD shaft is the nuts!!!! ... Oh and I can't forget an aiming system:grin:

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
how can a 15inch bridge be comfortable and at what speed is this?

I imagine if you play a speed 1 shot with 2 tips of english your pivot point is close to the joint?

What if you have a ball blocking your bridgehandplacement at the pivotpoint?

I really dont think that BHE and LDS are the way to go...

if it is, i'll be the first one to buy one, but i have a high def. shaft and on slow shots im already having trouble to hit the CB in the exact spot i want, with a 15" bridge on slow shots

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
devindra said:
I just received my Predator 3142 shaft and I am impressed. I have only played with regular maple shafts but it was quite easy for me to adjust.

My opinion is that it hits pretty good and it moves the cue ball around the table more easily but the one thing that really impressed me was using BHE with it.

I hit a few shots with it and worked out that the effective pivot point for typical shots was around 13-15inches. I am making more shots with this shaft because it gives me a reference point to begin with since the effective pivot point is around 15inches which is half the length of the shaft.

Does anybody else feel that this helps them?

Right now BHE and a LD shaft is the nuts!!!! ... Oh and I can't forget an aiming system:grin:

I never really tried to figure out where my 3142's pivot point was; but I hope it's less then 15". I have a very long reach and with gripping the base of the butt I have about a 10" bridge.

devindra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solartje said:
how can a 15inch bridge be comfortable and at what speed is this?

I imagine if you play a speed 1 shot with 2 tips of english your pivot point is close to the joint?

What if you have a ball blocking your bridgehandplacement at the pivotpoint?

I really dont think that BHE and LDS are the way to go...

if it is, i'll be the first one to buy one, but i have a high def. shaft and on slow shots im already having trouble to hit the CB in the exact spot i want, with a 15" bridge on slow shots

I feel comfortable with both a long bridge as well as a short bridge. It doesn't really make much of a difference for me but I prefer a long bridge. Most pros also have a long bridge. If you are having trouble hitting where you want on the cue ball with a long bridge you can either work on your stroke or stick with a short bridge. I recommend fixing your stroke.

If a ball is blocking you bridge hand placement that means you have to jack up which creates swerve. You should not really be using english on jacked up shots but if you have to then the effective pivot point increases.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no clue what a pivot point is.

I do know that 314's are the nuts though.

Matt_24<--Newest pet peeve is pivot points (that is a tongue twister)

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I'll just continue running out the naturally talented way. If I put that much though into it I couldn't make a ball.

Matt_24 = dumba$$....

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interested to see how it adapts to slower and longer shots Devindra. You may have to sneek the bridge out to 17" plus on some of them which may get awkward.

But I agree, many shots are in the 13-15" range which is comfortable for some players. Pure pivot point for you cue is, I'm guessing a little, around 12.5". Slam some 5 footers in and see where you need to pivot if you can.

Colin