LTB Brunswick gold crown cue rack

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
I have one. Excellent condition. 225 and you pay shipping. And honestly, I'm not quite sure how I would ship it. Pm me if interested.

I have restored a few of these racks and for shipping, to break them down simply requires a screwdriver.

Take off the large masonite panel that is screwed on from behind, then the 4 remaining pieces will unscrew and, voila, a more convenient and less expensive item to ship. You still have the size of the masonite panel to contend with so some on the receiving end might prefer to source a new piece and, of course, you can paint these very easily once removed from the rear.

The last 2 I had came to me assembled and as you can see in the pic below, the seller found boxes to fit them complete.

I used the boxes while I was restoring them - they were in the process here of being reassembled.

Great cue racks these are, def lifetime models. :smile:

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• GC-racks-aqua-orange-repaint.jpg
    GC-racks-aqua-orange-repaint.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,031
  • aqua-cue-rack.jpg
    aqua-cue-rack.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,854
  • GC-racks-inst.jpg
    GC-racks-inst.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,713

dearnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Nice! Those look just like mine with some differences.

There are no rubber nubbies on the top part to hold in the cue. There is a little white metal rod about 2-3 inches from the bottom that goes all across, and the back panels are missing.

I think the panel deal is just about them being missing, but the nubbie and rod thing I believe are because there were a couple of different designs of the gold crown rack. I called the guy who sells all those old gold crown parts and he confirmed that there were a couple of models. Mine has little metal screws near the top that I beleive were meant to accomodate locks that would attach to the rack. I'll post a picture later on.

Regards

dearnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Why don't you call this guy and see how close it is to 225.

http://www.billiardrestoration.com/Antique-Pool-Accessories/gold-crown-cue-rack.htm

Any back that looks that good has either been replaced or repainted or both. You're looking for an antique here. Fully restored antiques are going to be well north of 225. Mine is in excellent, unrestored condition. Original everything including the finish, plate, etc.

The back would be easily replaced and color matched (if you really want tht original color for about 20 bucks if you're handy). I didn't mind it without the back.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Bill,

225 is a steal for one in ANY shape. These come available rarely and if you really want one you better jump on it before someone else does.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
I will add that imo $225 is a good deal since you will likely get it shipped, panel replaced, and restored (very easy project - seriously) for less than $300.

They look great, and again, they are lifetime cue racks. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ok. Please send or post pictures. Not trying to seem cheap here. I did a fleabay search and the last few to sell went for $100 or less but needed refinished. I just assumed for 225 it would be complete.

dearnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here's one picture. Would love to get some comments about this different design. Most of the ones I see are more like Kicken Chickens.

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

dearnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ive never seen one with that middle divider. Maybe someone added that on later...

If they did they are woodworking geniuses because the grain, finish, lines and everything are exact and spot on. I've never seen one with that little white bar either, and there are no rubber nubbies or holes for them in the top piece.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
what are the purpose of the screws (I think that's what I'm seeing) on the underside of the middle wooden horizontal piece?

they look like the set screws for the rubber nibs that you would ordinarily see on the top horizontal piece.

Interesting setup.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

dearnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Email exchange with Ken Hash from Classic Billiards in Maryland (who would know about these things):

Could you do me a favor and check out this Gold Crown cue rack. It seems different from any other GC rack I have seen. Can you confirm that this is really how they came from Brunswick or if some aftermarket things were done to it. In particular the parts that vary from what you normally see.

No rubber nibs.
The center wood piece.
The screws under the center wood piece.
The metal rod towards the bottom.

Thanks for your help.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From Ken Hash

This is a correct rack,,I have a couple just like it,,it is very nice

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After a great deal of time and expense we have finally come up with a set of forum rules that may work. This new set of rules frees you up to buy and sell more items (including new), but before you buy or sell you need to understand the ground rules:

1) The entire forum is caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware. Neither AZBilliards nor any of its owners, employees or agents makes any claims concerning the value or usefulness of any item offered herein for sale. AZBilliards accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the content of the threads on this forum or for any of the merchandise that is sold here and does not do background checks or any other checks on individuals using this forum. AZBilliards is never to be considered a source of recourse for deals gone bad. We do not inspect merchandise, and we deny any and all liability arising from the use of this forum.

2) If you are going to participate in the " Wanted / for Sale " area of AZB, your items for sale or trade MUST be pool related or strictly offered for trade for a pool related item.

3) Any Posts without an Item For Sale, Trade or Wanted to buy will be deleted.

4) "Price check" threads are not allowed.

5) There will be no cash offers etc. for non-pool related items.

6) If you are going to post in another's sale or trade thread, if you are knocking their thread, you will receive warnings and bans as with regular rule violations.

7) You have no right to criticize or complain regarding pictures, prices etc.

8) Everyone is expected to participate in a civil manner and if there are violations, you may report them anonymously via the "report post " button in the upper right hand corner of each post.

9) Either buy from an individual or don't but knocking them is not an option.

10) It is also strongly suggested that you use an escrow service when making any purchase.

11) Over-active bumping is not allowed. If most of the replies to your post are bumps that is overactive bumping. Anything more than a single bump in any 48-hour period is over-bumping.

12) Your use of this forum reflects your consent of these rules and that you will in all ways hold AZBilliards harmless from any liability arising from the use of this forum.

13) All Questions and replies to questions should be done via PM and not in the sales thread. It will be considered a bump to do so. ( Dave Wilson )

As always, feel free to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
12 Bumps in one day is a little crazy don't you think? All replies and questions should be done via PM

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Email exchange with Ken Hash from Classic Billiards in Maryland (who would know about these things):

Could you do me a favor and check out this Gold Crown cue rack. It seems different from any other GC rack I have seen. Can you confirm that this is really how they came from Brunswick or if some aftermarket things were done to it. In particular the parts that vary from what you normally see.

No rubber nibs.
The center wood piece.
The screws under the center wood piece.
The metal rod towards the bottom.

Thanks for your help.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From Ken Hash

This is a correct rack,,I have a couple just like it,,it is very nice

very good to know. I wonder if yours was the successor to the other one...hmm