Luca Brecel

promatolya

There are some videos on youtube where he breaks 147 at age 14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPuJhXnRHY).

He allso played legends like parrot and stevens in some feature matches at the belgian championships.

He is from the same city as I am. Ran into him at the snooker hall a few times. a nice guy. Very mature for his age is what I noticed. When I first saw him play he was 13, but he was able to make conversation asif he was 16. Most 13year olds reply only in yes or no when talking to a stranger, this guy talked to me like I'd known him for years.

I hope to see him go to the top in the coming years.

Last edited:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
That young man is amazing! Looks like a machine. Shot making is near perfect and ball control is spectacular for any age.

PURR1965

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After becoming WC he played at the Vienna open, guess signed up before the Crucible.

Attachments

• LB2.jpg
    LB2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 58
  • LB1.jpg
    LB1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 57
  • LB3.jpg
    LB3.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 56

telinoz

Registered

Nice write up.

telinoz

Registered
This is the video I saw at the time, been a fan ever since...

And.. some of the comments didn't age well, ha ha ha!

Lots of dumb ones about table size, him being 12 at the time.

Last edited:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I’ve also been a big fan of him since before he qualified for the tour. It’s been a lot of ups and downs but I’m pretty excited to see him get a world championship. While I don’t see him as heir to the Ronnie/Stephen/Steve or anything lofty like that, I can see him being the next major crowd favourite in same vein as Jimmy White. He’s an exciting player to watch, has a attractive style and just generally seems like a nice kid. It’s hard not to root for him.