Lucasi cue

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Maybe Lucasi your the expert. :rolleyes:
But I do know the China cues I sell are one or the other. No combinations.

Stickers go on your car bumper. :grin:
Overlays go on a Pool cue often over a very nice piece of wood.:yeah:
Overlays do not change one bit how great some China cues are now playing.
Like you say they are just for decoration. So that the buying public can purchase at a very afordable price a cue that not only hits well but looks great also
Like these.:thumbup:

View attachment 107545

View attachment 107547

Maybe Lucasi your the expert.

I never said I was an expert, but here is a simple observation for you concerning the photo's of the cues you posted.

Even those cues are a combination, the rim rings at the joint above and below the wrap and in the butt are real, and yes trim rings are decorations that are considered inlays!!;)

Why not break it down even farther, not only are the point overlays as you called them, the wood used in the forearms are also overlays on a Maple core, kinda deceptive ins't it, but too a trained eye it is obvious or am I wrong?:D

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isnt a "Decal" cue the same as a overlay cue?<------------serious question???

I dont get all hung up on where a cue is made, what if Bsrry Szam moved to Korea? would his cues all of a sudden suck? nope.

here's how I see it, I look at each cue individually, since I can only use one at a time anyways. I dont care if its a $150 cue or a $50,000 cue, its how it plays that matters(unless I'm buying it for other reasons) Im talking about players not collectables, if a cue from China plays great and is less $$$ happy days, if its a piece of junk so be it. I dont judge cues based on price of counrty of origin(granted it can be a guidline) but at the end of the day its the cue i'm useing and how it feels. I have a Scorpion cue that is a cheap Chinese cue that hits'em real good, I have hit alot of balls with JA's current player and its awesome. Judge the individual cue,.

cyberrot

Curly Maple Nut
Silver Member
manwon said:
Ancient Chinese Proverb says man with Cheap Stabilized Wood has no balls!!!!!!;) So, I suppose that could be why you miss them, it's gotta be the Cheap Wood that must be Stabilized!!!!!!!:smile:

Oh and by the way, that is just an Opinion!!!!:smile:

There is no such Chinese proverb.
Please do not insult the 5000 years of Chinese history by coming up with your self invented phrases instead.

Thanks.

ChazL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree with Bill Porter on the hit of DP cues...

I own some recent DP's. They play nicely and are well finished. I've also gotten very good service from Dale-- asked for a custom shaft taper and received them exactly as specified for no additional charge. (He offers this with all of his eBay cues).

With respect to the comments about resale value-- who here considers this to be a significant factor when buying a cue for less than $200? I think his cues are a great value.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Wrong again!Or are you the one trying to be deceptive

Maybe Lucasi your the expert.

I never said I was an expert, but here is a simple observation for you concerning the photo's of the cues you posted.

Even those cues are a combination, the rim rings at the joint above and below the wrap and in the butt are real, and yes trim rings are decorations that are considered inlays!!;)

Why not break it down even farther, not only are the point overlays as you called them, the wood used in the forearms are also overlays on a Maple core, kinda deceptive ins't it, but too a trained eye it is obvious or am I wrong?:D

Yes you are absolutely wrong. :nono:
Some cues do have what we call full shrink wrap forearms, but not on these 2 cues.
That is real wood you are looking at. :yeah:
Otherwise each forearm of those models would have the same grain, figuring.
and appearance and trust me they don't.
And also I do not consider silver rings to be inlays.
But to each his own! :scratchhead:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Yes you are absolutely wrong. :nono:
Some cues do have what we call full shrink wrap forearms, but not on these 2 cues.
That is real wood you are looking at. :yeah:
Otherwise each forearm of those models would have the same grain, figuring.
and appearance and trust me they don't.
And also I do not consider silver rings to be inlays.
But to each his own! :scratchhead:

How much do they cost? I will buy one from you, send me a Pm with your paypal information. I will take either model cue pictured.

I will wait for your information.

Thanks Craig

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
There is no such Chinese proverb.
Please do not insult the 5000 years of Chinese history by coming up with your self invented phrases instead.

Thanks.

My comments were not directed at China or anything Chinese, however, my comments were solely directed to the person who started this thread, it was intended as a harmless comment.

But, to make my personal back ground clear, I personally love all Asian Cultures I have encountered bar none. I have lived in Japan, South Korea, and I have spent time in Thailand, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. My wife of 24 years is South Korean and I have an Amer-Asian Daughter.

If you choose to take my comment as Bigoted or if you just want to add to your post count that is not my problem. However, I intended no disrespect so you can take it for what it is.

Take Care:smile:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

I dont get all hung up on where a cue is made, what if Bsrry Szam moved to Korea? would his cues all of a sudden suck? nope.

here's how I see it, I look at each cue individually, since I can only use one at a time anyways. I dont care if its a $150 cue or a $50,000 cue, its how it plays that matters(unless I'm buying it for other reasons) Im talking about players not collectables, if a cue from China plays great and is less $$$ happy days, if its a piece of junk so be it. I dont judge cues based on price of counrty of origin(granted it can be a guidline) but at the end of the day its the cue i'm useing and how it feels. I have a Scorpion cue that is a cheap Chinese cue that hits'em real good, I have hit alot of balls with JA's current player and its awesome. Judge the individual cue,.

You are certainly correct, a Decal cue, Sticker cue, Overlay Cue, Laser Inlay Cue are all the same it is nothing more than semantics!!

here's how I see it, I look at each cue individually, since I can only use one at a time anyways. I dont care if its a $150 cue or a $50,000 cue, its how it plays that matters(unless I'm buying it for other reasons) Im talking about players not collectables, if a cue from China plays great and is less $$$ happy days, if its a piece of junk so be it. I dont judge cues based on price of counrty of origin(granted it can be a guidline) but at the end of the day its the cue i'm useing and how it feels. I have a Scorpion cue that is a cheap Chinese cue that hits'em real good, I have hit alot of balls with JA's current player and its awesome. Judge the individual cue,.[/QUOTE]

How does your Scorpion compare to one of your Szamboti or Balabushka cues Buddy?, actually I agree with what you said above it certainly makes sense to me and I trust your opinion since you have much to make a comparison with.

Take Care

Last edited:

cyberrot

Curly Maple Nut
Silver Member
My comments were not directed at China or anything Chinese, however, my comments were solely directed to the person who started this thread, it was intended as a harmless comment.

But, to make my personal back ground clear, I personally love all Asian Cultures I have encountered bar none. I have lived in Japan, South Korea, and I have spent time in Thailand, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. My wife of 24 years is South Korean and I have an Amer-Asian Daughter.

If you choose to take my comment as Bigoted or if you just want to add to your post count that is not my problem. However, I intended no disrespect so you can take it for what it is.

Take Care:smile:

My reply is solely directed to the contents of the post. There is nothing personal here. so there is no need to tell me about your personal background.
My posts are based on respect for all human kinds, regardless of age, sex, race or religion.

Since you said that it is a harmless comment, I will respect the reason that you gave.
In the same context, my reply is as harmless as your comment. :smile:

If you think that I just want to add to my post count, I guess that you are wrong. you seem to be the one more interested in doing that than me. oh and by the way, that is just an Opinion!!!!!:smile:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
My reply is solely directed to the contents of the post. There is nothing personal here. so there is no need to tell me about your personal background.
My posts are based on respect for all human kinds, regardless of age, sex, race or religion.

Since you said that it is a harmless comment, I will respect the reason that you gave.
In the same context, my reply is as harmless as your comment. :smile:

If you think that I just want to add to my post count, I guess that you are wrong. you seem to be the one more interested in doing that than me. oh and by the way, that is just an Opinion!!!!!:smile:

oh and by the way, that is just an Opinion!!!!!:

Ancient Chinese proverb:

lù)遥(yáo)知(zhī)马(mǎ)力(lì), 日(rì)久( jiǔ)见(jiàn)人(rén)心(xīn)

Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your Horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what's in a person's heart!!!!!:yeah::yeah:

Again just an opinion!!!:smile: