Lucasi hybrid review :)

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
I was looking for reviews of this cue, and I haven't seen any so I figured i would post one. Seems to have some interest on the main forum, but since here is where reviews go, I will post it here.

Hit/shaft: i was pleasantly surprised by the hit of this cue. it was solid, firm, but not overpowering. I personally enjoyed the feedback I recieved from it. keep in mind its not a Schon, but for its price point it plays very very well. The shaft does exactly as discribed... it lowers deflection. coming from an ob2, I hardly had to adjust to the lucasi... which really surprised me. I wasnt expecting the shaft to play as well as it does. If the OB1 and predator 314 had a baby, this shaft would be the result. Very impressive for the price!

Tip: the laminated tip (maestri) that is on the cue played well. good action on the cue ball, held chalk well, and didnt mushroom. Plays like a medium... although a tad softer then a moori M in my opinion. there are a million tip reviews on azb so i will leave this alone now.

balance: the cue I have is in a 19oz format. balance was nice, a little forward weighted but not by much. currently don't have a way to measure the balance point, but will update when i do.

fit and finish: pretty much the same as you would expect from lucasi; above average for the cost. The Red isn't as bright as in the picture but overall the cue looks really neat. I like the idea of having something different, and this cue definately follows that. the Grip takes a little getting usto, but it grows on you.

Overall: for the 231.99 price tag... you really cannot beat this deal. I give this a 4.5 out of 5 stars... hope this review helps... as it is my first one!
:yikes:

Attachments

• 4abcaf900.jpg
    4abcaf900.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 12,601

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a nice looking cue. But it seems with pool cues once you start to get away from the traditional looks too much there is not a lot of interest from most pool players. Maybe it is a generational thing.

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
measure- you could be exactly right... thats why i wrote a review on it... to actually let people know how it plays... and it does very well. maybe lucasi could sponsor tiger woods ? :p

msparacina

Registered
Well I noticed that Lucasi uses a 8 piece pie splicing technique where as Predator uses a 10 piece pie technique. The ferrule is not as short as predators but I think that the combination of the short ferrule and the Double Density wood works at the tip gives it a better hit than the predator. I've been playing with the Lucasi Hybrid slim shaft for 3 years now. Minimal squirt and follows through the ball more than bounces. Making shots while applying english is easier as well. Just my opinion and hope this helps for those who run into this discussion in the future.

Mitchorama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked one up for under two bills and put a predator 30" shaft on it. It took some time for me to get use to the grip. I'm use to leather and this is real soft, but the cue plays well. Mitch

fingerpool

Registered
this very good cue. i have one. it's very good with predator 314". now i joint it with mezz pro hybrid 2. it's very good.

ghostplayer

hybrid

i use the hybrid with all the shafts and it just feels like i have more control with the forearm expesically on the long shots . have some higher priced cues but this is what i go to when i feel i need to take over .

Houndbuddy

Registered
Lucasi just might be the best cue for the buck on the market, they made some great cues in the USA and then they moved to China! Who would've thunk

PoolMinnow

Registered
Lucasi Hybrid vs Predator

I have a Predator 5K3 with a Z2 shaft that I love, but I have not used it for over a year. I play with a LHF46 with a Hybrid Slim shaft...11.75, Moori medium. The reinforcing rod that runs through the middle of the ferrule gives it a way more solid hit than the Z2, and the golf grip is phenomenal when you get used to it. You can hold the cue light as a feather without slippage, and the memory foam underneath the grip reduces impact shock significantly. It also cost about half what the Predator did, and I play better with it.

loveudear

Registered
this very good cue. i have one. it's very good with predator 314". now i joint it with mezz pro hybrid 2. it's very good.

I m intending to fit mine wif hp2 or z2 shaft.. The stock shaft has its limitation example ; long distance shots(abt 5diamonds) cant perform well on stop n follow thru shots, the front end abt 4inch it flex too much when making a top spin shot, dosent perform well on cushion within CB 1diamond away from cushion..

I personally like the grip as it doesnt slipped thru my palms when i m doing a long distance shot.. Would recommend changing stock shaft to higher ends.. The balance point is abt 18 5/8 or 18 3/4 (abt letter Y point) from butt with forward balance..

Hopes this helps.. Been playing this cue for 1yr

wilmac41

Lucasi Hybrid

I had gotten out to the pool playing business fore awhile, but now I'm look
to get back in and play some more. After just a lil bit of research I came
across these new lacasi hybrids and I'm trying to learn as much about them and the new shafts that are being made simular to the preditor shaft.
About 3 yrs back i purchased a lucasi L-2007 LTD and its a very good cue. I was thinking about selling it seeing its only been used less than 25 times. I have noticed that you can't find the model anymore unless its used. Does anyone think that it might hurt help me sell it since its now very hard to find.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

loveudear

Registered
I had gotten out to the pool playing business fore awhile, but now I'm look
to get back in and play some more. After just a lil bit of research I came
across these new lacasi hybrids and I'm trying to learn as much about them and the new shafts that are being made simular to the preditor shaft.
About 3 yrs back i purchased a lucasi L-2007 LTD and its a very good cue. I was thinking about selling it seeing its only been used less than 25 times. I have noticed that you can't find the model anymore unless its used. Does anyone think that it might hurt help me sell it since its now very hard to find.

Any help will be appreciated.

y u wanna sell off? cos u thinking of upgrading? since its a sentimental value to u just keep it :grin:

i personally own a snooker cue during my teens which is abt 10yrs or more. it still in excellent condition since i last used 8yrs ago :eek: i parted with it few months back cos i see no point keeping something i would not use. I REGRET!!! :(

i have been using my hybrid for 1yr plus for which i decided to "upgrade" to another cue.

y not go out have some fun with ur play cue or mayb u can go to another showroom which u could test hit some other brands.

end of the day i would still keep my cue cos its diff to find the exact same design.

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
231.99 dollars or..? Mine was priced 277$ on Seyberts. I got the Blue version and the colours are also not as bright as in the pictures. I will make a review soon. Could you please post a pic of the red one? I'm curious to see how the colours look in real life.
I love mine by the way and also got 19 oz, but for some reason seems a bit heavier to me, I don't know...

Boons38

HeadHunter
Awesome cue!

I purchased the LHT88 black mystic Thorsten Hohman cue and it hits awesome! I love the grip and slim shaft! I didn't even change tips the kamui soft brown gets tons of spin! I'm sold on their products and think I'll just go Lucasi hybrid on all my equipment! But will NEVER sell my Joss that's near and dear to my heart! Lol