Make Pool Great Again!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Predator 314-3 with a WB solid tip. Quite the combination.

I’m trying out a cynergy with same tip. So far it’s decent Dennis but not as special as the combo above.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is far and away the worst suited name I have ever created for myself. I never actually planned on really posting here or talking to anyone so I just threw it on here. A dude named big al who said “yes indeedy” a lot used to call me it but it was never a true alias or nick name. More obfuscation I suppose. Put people in a will smith, easy going cheesy comedy type mindset while I’m around. If it helps to think of me as MDahmer you can do so. Dahmer came from winning a “dead baby joke” contest in a psych ward in Colorado. And since my name be Jeffrey... you see the natural progression.

This is so in pool related that I will have to edit it in 5 minutes or less.

What do you call a dead baby in a blender?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Breakfast smoothie.

Ohh not bad not bad.

Come to think on it it was actually a D.B. Poetry or story contest. Only between me and another hilarious character named Wes. Neither of us were crazy of course, the army just sent us there probably because we knew too much or something.

Options for cuttin a frozen ball down the rail:

The outside flick, this can go very wrong and throw the ball to the first diamond out or beyond but when it works it’s a thing of beauty and the QB stops on a 50 cent piece.

The center ball spray and pray, here you just pretend the rail is not there. It can be jarring to the psyche...confidence required.

The inside run, this is the cheating way of making the ball. Aim to hit a little before the ball or maybe rail/ball and it should run down the rail and sink. Be careful of your QB here

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does that even mean?

Lights, entrance music, jerseys?

Just loud people?

Mostly just loud people and alcohol and fairly cheap tickets. People talking about Golf, I love Golf. You know what my favorite tournament of the year is? That's right. The Waste Management Open. Based on the swelling attendance seems like its everybody elses favorite too. The money will take care of itself, you just need to give the people what they want, whispering and water AIN'T it.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And exactly who would be putting up the prize money?? Right now the majority of ALL added money in pool tournaments is provided by the PLAYERS!!!!

Who puts up the "prize money" in major sports? Lol. They give people a venue to do what they want; scream and drink alcohol. It doesn't matter what they are watching. The only thing that would need adjusting is "pro" players allowing their precious silence to be a thing of the past.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Who puts up the "prize money" in major sports? Lol. They give people a venue to do what they want; scream and drink alcohol. It doesn't matter what they are watching. The only thing that would need adjusting is "pro" players allowing their precious silence to be a thing of the past.

So I take it you don't know who puts up the money...LOL

Buzzo80

Registered
When pool was still great

Valentines day 1978 Willie Mosconi vs Minnesota Fats. ABC World Wide of Sports 20 million viewers. Second highest ratings of the show that season, Howard Cosell behind the mike.
Those days are gone forever. Mosconi record of 526 still stands as far as I am concerned. All this BS about guys beating it with no witness entire time. Or setting out to beat the record ? WTF Mosconi had the record, he never tried to break it. Too busy on the road 300+ days a year, playing 2 or 3 exhibitions each day
Racked for Mosconi in 1959 in Baltimore exhibition. Remember a guy saying he ain't that good, all he does in make easy shots. LOL But he was right. His position play was great. Give me that position each time and I might run 200.

Just a passing thought, when was the last time a pool game on TV had a big audience ? ? ?

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valentines day 1978 Willie Mosconi vs Minnesota Fats. ABC World Wide of Sports 20 million viewers. Second highest ratings of the show that season, Howard Cosell behind the mike.
Those days are gone forever. Mosconi record of 526 still stands as far as I am concerned. All this BS about guys beating it with no witness entire time. Or setting out to beat the record ? WTF Mosconi had the record, he never tried to break it. Too busy on the road 300+ days a year, playing 2 or 3 exhibitions each day
Racked for Mosconi in 1959 in Baltimore exhibition. Remember a guy saying he ain't that good, all he does in make easy shots. LOL But he was right. His position play was great. Give me that position each time and I might run 200.

Just a passing thought, when was the last time a pool game on TV had a big audience ? ? ?

Just a thought, when was the last time you knew the United States wasn't the whole world? 20 million viewers? Lol, Not too much competition back then.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Remember there was about 5 channels of TV to choose from. So lots of eyes were on that because there was nothing else.

When you go to eat ice cream and there’s 4 flavors all 4 are pretty popular. When there’s 4,000 flavors (like there are media options now) there are a few that nobody cares about.

Pool just can’t compete. Enjoy it for what it is in front of you and call it a day. If there’s any real opportunity the cream will rise to the top.

How long are people gonna dream the “impossible dream” seems like I heard that in a movie in 1986-which hasn’t had a sequel yet. What’s that tell you????

Keepin it real,
Fatboy

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The spectators put up the money. It would start out in a backyard somewhere. How did Kimbo Slice start? Who put up the money for his backyard brawls?

So, the millions paid to snooker players is put up by the spectators?....yeah, ok, keep believing that.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen has a point. Tobacco £ was the big money in snooker. Now what’s left is in China and that’s a dicey situation at best.

Buzzo80

Registered
Remember there was about 5 channels of TV to choose from. So lots of eyes were on that because there was nothing else.

When you go to eat ice cream and there’s 4 flavors all 4 are pretty popular. When there’s 4,000 flavors (like there are media options now) there are a few that nobody cares about.

Pool just can’t compete. Enjoy it for what it is in front of you and call it a day. If there’s any real opportunity the cream will rise to the top.

How long are people gonna dream the “impossible dream” seems like I heard that in a movie in 1986-which hasn’t had a sequel yet. What’s that tell you????

Keepin it real,
Fatboy

As a young man I always wanted a pool table in a home someday. Getting ready to buy a house soon. Plan on a shuffleboard instead for the grandkids. Pool died a long ago, nobody bothered to tell the players.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a young man I always wanted a pool table in a home someday. Getting ready to buy a house soon. Plan on a shuffleboard instead for the grandkids. Pool died a long ago, nobody bothered to tell the players.

You joined a pool forum to tell us that shuffleboard is more "alive?" LMAO.