Manning Cues - Heath Manning - Customer Service 101

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Due to the numerous threads lately complaining about customer service from some of the "bigger" dealer websites, I've been meaning to write this for the last week or so...I guess time gets away from all of us! :eek: I suppose I need this "disclaimer" - I'm in no way affiliated with Heath other than being a customer...for life I hope!

A couple weeks ago I decided to purchase a Mezz WX900 shaft. I looked around on the internet at the pricing on various websites (including the "big name" dealer websites") and ran across manningcues.com. It was a better price by a few dollars, so I thought I'd give it a shot even though I didn't know anything about the website...or the man. I guess I do like to gamble! :p

Well, in my opinion, that gamble paid off. I started looking around the website and found what we find on most dealer websites...a vast amount of production cues as well as after-market shafts and supplies. The pricing on pretty much everything is the standard pricing allowed by manufacturers...the same as the big-name dealer websites. One thing that stood out and really impressed me was finding an entire instructional series of YouTube videos posted on his website...from basic instruction to some more advanced videos as well. All of them with Heath doing the instruction. A couple of the banking videos were a HUGE benefit to me as he made some things clear to me with which I was struggling!!!

So, I went ahead and registered with his website in order to make my purchase. It took only a couple minutes with a security confirmation email sent to my email address, I verified and BAM I was in. I ordered the shaft, paid with PayPal (my "ace up the sleeve" for the gamble) and shut everything down for the night.

The next day I received a confirmation email with a tracking number for my order. Great! That kind of thing is pretty much expected nowadays. What makes Heath my number-one-go-to-guy for ALL my future purchases of this nature was what happened next...my phone rang. It was Heath just calling to let me know the shaft was on it's way. We chatted for a few minutes and he made sure I had no questions and was satisfied up to this point. He made sure I knew if there were any problems to please contact him.

In this day and age, the internet and places like "Walmart" (I'll use this example since I'm not naming the "other" dealer websites) have made things more convenient for most of us...but have tended to eliminate the traditional "mom and pop" type atmosphere when buying anything anymore. Heath was the exception to the rule! What he did took an extra couple minutes, but it secured a customer for the long haul!

So if you're looking for an alternative to the dealer websites who have provided you with horrible customer service in the past...you might want to consider supporting someone who really cares about customer service as well as customer satisfaction...

So...thank you Heath for making my day...and making my buying experience more "traditional"!!! :)

Jason

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Manning has some great videos available to view for free on the website. We need to support people like this.
please keep up the fine work.

throne4

Registered
Heath is from my neck of the woods and plays league at a local hall that I do (different league) but none the less. He has a true passion for the sport and deserves all the support he can get!

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have visited with Heath & watched all his videos more than once... He gets my Vote.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I've dealt with Heath from his days starting on kijiji. I've ordered cues through him and also had tips replaced on multiple occasions. I've got nothing but praise for the work he puts in and the service he provides. A true asset to this community. It's a matter of time before things go viral

Order the pizza and wings heath, I'll give you the 9... :)

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heath is a great dealer and one of the only sources for Longoni cues in North America as an official dealer rep.

Here is a link to one of my excellent experiences with Heath where he went above and beyond the normal dealer duties....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=399397

If you are thinking of a major purchase or just have questions regarding equipment, Heath is your go-to man on the street.

MDSPHOTO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will also praise Heath for his customer service. I had asked a manufacturer a question about a product and they never responded to me. I reached out to Heath and he went directly to the manufacturer on my behalf and got an answer to my question. Manning Cues is at the top of my list for all future purchases and should be on the top of yours as well!

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll add my feedback as well. Have not yet ordered from him, but when I was looking into some things I submitted a request and he called back, on his day off, to chat and answer my questions. Nice guy and great customer service.
Scott

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad to see positives for Manning cues from people who have bought from him and interacted with him. I used to buy everything from Joe RackEm with great results, still recommend him, but over the recent years I quit buying any more pool stuff except a little chalk. T

Too many internet dealers are just front pages for warehousers. They don't have any stock, just a website, hoping to make a sale so they can forward it to the warehouse to be picked and shipped. The so-called 'seller' never actually handles any merchandise. So when you think 'customer service' ask yourself how can they replace or repair anything if their only business is signing up to host a website and forward orders somewhere else, meaning they don't anything on hand, not even chalk, right?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I'll have to check it out. I was thinking of getting another cue.

Just checked out their Mezz cues and I think I have my sights set on something. Pretty cool that you can do a shaft upgrade for a Mezz. I didn't see that option on the other sites I checked.

If I pull the trigger I'll have to message him and see if I can upgrade the tip. I'd hate to order a new cue only to cut the tip off as soon as I get it.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Wow
Update to my previous post.

Heath saw my post and saw that I registered with the site so he emailed me to let me know about changing the tip before I asked.