Mark "The Mongoose" Gregory strikes in Chattanooga, Tn

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 1947 Brunswick Centennial Project is finally complete. This table was a basket case when I purchased it a year ago. Mark Gregory did an outstanding job. This table plays better than anything I've ever played on before.

Mark replaced the subrails and installed Artemis cushions. The finished pockets are 4 1/8 inches. The long rails on this table are one piece. They were bowed, twisted and warped before the Mongoose sunk his teeth into them. These rails are straight as an arrow now. The slate was blocked (Honed) to a perfectly flat surface.

In addition to the mechanical work, a Rosewood stain was used and topped with a sanding sealer and 3 coats of acrylic. The Aluminum blinds, pocket castings and skirts were stripped, sanded by hand and polished.

This table plays phenomenal. A ball can be rolled and get 5+ rails without any ball hop. Furthermore, it follows to the Diamond Banking and kicking systems with little to no adjustment. The cue ball floats off the rails. They are fast but not springy.

Mark, thanks for the hard work and attention to detail.

If anybody needs table work done, especially rail work, Mark "The Mongoose" Gregory is your man.

Perfect Pocketz pool table service
Atlanta, Ga.
(770)548-4292

I'll post pictures next.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before Pics

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

Bobby, your table is with out doubt one of the best playing and looking tables i've done...I've done a lot of tables...sorry, buddy but those pics show no justice to the job...that table is gorgeous...as well as the play.

Bobby worked his ass off on the castings and blinds....they are like mirrors...and it don't show in the pics. Bobby also did the refinishing on the table....again the pics show nothing compared to standing in front of the table...he did and amazing job...and helped me do the table....everything done to that table was top notch..(AWESOME TABLE)

THANK YOU BOBBY FOR EVERYTHING

Friend
Mark Gregory

AND IT PLAYS LIKE A BRUNSWICK...AND TRACKS PERFECTLY

Last edited:

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark, the masking tape on the subrail and cushion, is that to keep the chalk away from the adhesive?

I asked the same question. I'll let Mark answer it.

I deliberately chose pictures that woudn't give away Mark's methods. He does alot of small, detail things that make a diiference in the overall job.

I enjoy reading this section of the forum. I grew up working in a cabinet shop and love all things wood. I love getting my hands on anything wood or mechanical. I think this forum helps reduce the amount of junk work performed in our little world. But, I need people like Mark (and all of you guy's dedicated to quality work) to stay in business. His expert work made all the difference. Without him, this table would only look good (like a few of my ex-girlfriends).:wink:

I made a decision to move away from woodworking and into another carrer field because there were so many crappy shops under selling quality work. Most people go for low cost, not value. After all, anyone can build a box with hinges, right.:scratchhead:

Mark, the masking tape on the subrail and cushion, is that to keep the chalk away from the adhesive?

That's old school...the masking tape...helps out from the rails coming loose...from really hard hits...mostly for when someone put their fat ass on the rails:angry:

Don't look like much support....but does a great job down the road:wink:
I tape all the cushions...really helps.

Mark Gregory

PhotogTom

Lookin' Good, Roberto, if I do say so myself!

BTW, the Olhausen's looking good as well!

Last edited:

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post up the pics. Mark should be proud of the double tap in Choo - Choo town that he did last week.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

That table turned out awesome! Makes we want to pratice my stroke! You definitely found the right guy to work on it. Guy$ would line up and pay big buck$ to own that table'
-
Rob.M

Last edited:

seb1899

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What an awsome table:thumbup:

Didyou strip and have the skirts anodized again or did you polish the s!*t out of the skirts and castings? If you polished could you describe your procedure? (I need to do mine)

Is your Brunswick name plate brass? I think the letters were black and the little Brunswick man red.

Was all the hardware slotted heads? ( I replaced mine with phillips) and were the nuts that fastened the frame to the legs ugly square?

You have a FANTASTIC table:D

PhotogTom

The other table that Mark did in Chattanooga on the same day. As luck would have it, I bought it from Bob since he needed to make room for that awesome "new" Centennial...

The table:

large.jpg

Straight as an arrow:

large.jpg

French Cuff (I think, or French drain as I mistakenly called it):

large.jpg

Excellent attention to detail:

large.jpg

It plays better than I can, but I don't expect that Mark can fix a loose nut behind the cue. :)

I wanted to put up pics of the table....that show how the table really looks.

Attachments

• IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 307