marketing on azbilliards? bartram vs. orcullo

getsome01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i watched the bartram / orcollo match last night. (great job tar). I keep watching the number of people logging on to see this event, the most i saw was 440 people. With two of the worlds top road dog getting down for this kind of money AND FREE TO WATCH too. I thought to myself why not 10,000 people? my question is ; why isnt azbilliards marketing its self to more pool players? its very rare when i'm at a pool room and mention azbilliards, they have no idea know what i'm talking about. i know this was tar's show, but if azbilliards had more members, look what it could do for the sport.
 
I think that we, the users, are the best way for AZB to market itself. It wouldn't hurt to see them with a commercial or two though on ESPN :) or a banner behind the TV table at a WPBA event.

BVal
 
I firmly believe that the majority of Players 'in the know about pool' do not spend time on the internet watching pool. So they can pretty much be left out of this thread IMO.

Now, if 5% (which is kinda high IMO, remember they have to have internet access) of the weekly league players would be interested if the price was right (say $10PPV) you might have a good size audience, maybe 5-10,000... but that is a lot of marketing.

5% of 200,000 (weekly league players) is 10,000 and to me that is really a very high number.

1% would be more realistic? 2000 PPV viewers? @ $10/each? Good start, but how much would the marketing cost? Are those weekly league players really interested in a High Stakes match?
If you ask anyone under 25 about the internet and mention TAR, they look at you as if you had egg on your face.
 
I understand why Mike doesn't market. Marketing cost money, but it will bring more people to the site, which will in turn cost more money due to the need for a better server and a faster upload connection to the net, then he'll have to go out and beg for dues or more advertiser or charge in the for sale forum etc.

The cost of running a website is inverted. For TV/radio etc, all the cost is up front and very expensive. For a site, all the cost is on the back end. It's very cheap to start a site but extremely expensive if it gets wildly popular.

Jim
 
i watched the bartram / orcollo match last night. (great job tar). I keep watching the number of people logging on to see this event, the most i saw was 440 people. With two of the worlds top road dog getting down for this kind of money AND FREE TO WATCH too. I thought to myself why not 10,000 people? my question is ; why isnt azbilliards marketing its self to more pool players? its very rare when i'm at a pool room and mention azbilliards, they have no idea know what i'm talking about. i know this was tar's show, but if azbilliards had more members, look what it could do for the sport.

TAR and AZB aren't connected, to the best of my knowledge. Meaning, TAR had over 400 people based on them posting a thread here on AZB.

I've done streaming jobs where a client has spent 6-figures marketing a web-stream and they got NOWHERE close to 10000 concurrent internet viewers.

I think it's a safe bet pool will never see 10000 concurrent viewers on a web stream in the foreseeable future.
 
i watched the bartram / orcollo match last night. (great job tar). I keep watching the number of people logging on to see this event, the most i saw was 440 people. With two of the worlds top road dog getting down for this kind of money AND FREE TO WATCH too. I thought to myself why not 10,000 people? my question is ; why isnt azbilliards marketing its self to more pool players? its very rare when i'm at a pool room and mention azbilliards, they have no idea know what i'm talking about. i know this was tar's show, but if azbilliards had more members, look what it could do for the sport.

AzBilliards offers a "free" platform for many pool-related industries. Some of the industry members do pay for advertising by way of banners.

From what I can ascertain, it seems to be AzBilliard's philosophy to promote pool at all costs, even if it means providing free advertising. There is a "free" classified section on this forum which I believe is used quite heavily, which is why we have the iTrader function, to gage some vendors.

AzBilliards is to be commended for welcoming all industry members onto this forum to post anywhere they please about their wares. I have seen other forums which were not quite so accommodating. :wink:
 
Recruit members for az billiards

I think that we, the users, are the best way for AZB to market itself. It wouldn't hurt to see them with a commercial or two though on ESPN :) or a banner behind the TV table at a WPBA event.

BVal

What Mike should do is offer some perk like extra PM's, unlimited viewing of personal REP (instead of the five or so that you can see now) or some other perk to any member who recruits a certain number of members.

Yeah, that'll do it. Maybe have something like a BRONZE, SILVER AND GOLD award for different numbers of recruited members. The Platinum award can be sent to me for the idea. :D

We could go after all of the league players in our respective pool rooms and turn them into AZ B Main Forum clones, maybe even get a little bonus for bringing Artie Bettendorfer (sp?) on board. :wink:

JoeyA
 
Back
Top