Master Thread for forum issues

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I am creating this as a master thread for issues I am looking into and I can mark them as resolved when I get them taken care.

iTrader Replacement - Trouble Ticket Open with Provider
vBookie Replacement - Done
Media Gallery Migration from old site - Pending
Sticky Thread Separation - Done
Editing of posts in streaming subform - Done
Signatures on individual posts - To Do
Sticky threads in dark mode - To Do
Large Avatar for Gold Members? - Does not look possible
Upload image to signature? - To Do
Round Avatars in Dark Mode - Done
Users can not edit posts from before move - To Do

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I assume the oft-maligned (and completely broken) rep system is a part of the past...it was still fun

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
azhousepro,

The #1 issue on these Forums is all of the stupid crap that goes on. The hijacking of threads, the insults, twisting things around, etc. If you could find a way to stop that AZB would greatly improve!

r/DCP

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the rep system: click on the user's avatar and you will see messages, reaction score, and points. The points are are based on various awards you can get, such as for 1000 posts. There's a page that lists them. It maxes out at 133. I'm guessing reaction score is something about how many likes you have gotten on your posts.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
azhousepro,

The #1 issue on these Forums is all of the stupid crap that goes on. The hijacking of threads, the insults, twisting things around, etc. If you could find a way to stop that AZB would greatly improve!

r/DCP
You mean like hijacking a thread about technical issues with the new software and complaining about the NPR forum?

Yeah, I hate that sort of thing.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
For the rep system: click on the user's avatar and you will see messages, reaction score, and points. The points are are based on various awards you can get, such as for 1000 posts. There's a page that lists them. It maxes out at 133. I'm guessing reaction score is something about how many likes you have gotten on your posts.
You know Bob, you are a pretty smart dude.

I will work on adding awards for more than 1000 posts.

Mike

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Here's something I notice, Mike. When you click on a thread, the system seems to take to to the bottom of the thread, or possibly the middle, maybe when you responded. Not sure that's the best plan. I think most would want to go to the beginning of the thread, and then navigate to where we want, with page numbers, end, etc.

All the best,
WW

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's something I notice, Mike. When you click on a thread, the system seems to take to to the bottom of the thread, or possibly the middle, maybe when you responded. Not sure that's the best plan. I think most would want to go to the beginning of the thread, and then navigate to where we want, with page numbers, end, etc.
I want the forum to take me to the first unread message in the thread. Right now that function is a little confused, but it seems to be working on threads I've read and exited from. I vaguely recall a user-settable option in VB to set behavior when entering a thread, but I can't find one in XF.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

All the best,
WW
I think it takes you to the last post that you read. I am not sure if that default behavior can be changed.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I think it takes you to the last post that you read. I am not sure if that default behavior can be changed.
I'm pretty sure that's the case, I visit a drum forum that uses the same system, and it behaves the same way.
(DrummerWorld.com, if you wanna look at another sites forum using the same software)

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean like hijacking a thread about technical issues with the new software and complaining about the NPR forum?

Yeah, I hate that sort of thing.

Huh?

I never complained about the NPR Forum. The title says "Master Thread For Forum Issues"

Just wanted to get my $.02 in.

r/DCP

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
With the old software you could click on the number of replies in a thread and get a list of everybody who posted in it and the number of posts they each made. You could then click on those numbers and see all posts in that thread by each person. Is something like that possible now?

I'm liking the new software more and more as I get familiar with it.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Huh?

I never complained about the NPR Forum. The title says "Master Thread For Forum Issues"

Just wanted to get my $.02 in.

r/DCP
Just screwing with you.

I do think it will probably be Tuesday/Wednesday before I am completely comfortable with this new software. That might be a good time to address the NPR area.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike -- For years I have used PMs, by sending them to myself, as a place to do drafts for my stats threads. I would create a draft, perhaps edit it multiple times as the event goes on, and then, when I am ready to post a thread, transfer the information from the PM(s) to my thread. I would then delete the PMs used for the drafts. I just discovered that you cannot now have a "conversation" with yourself. Can that be changed? Or is there somewhere else now to do drafts that can be saved, edited over time, etc.?