Master Thread for forum issues

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I can't seem to figure out how to change my "signature" in the user CP. I see everyone that had one, still does. Is the ability to edit them still in the works...?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you looking for a list of every post you made, or every thread that you created?
I was looking for posts, not threads. When it says "Find all content by xyz" I thought it would show posts made by that person. When it says "Find all threads by xyz " I thought it would show threads started by that person (as it does). But for me, the former shows a few posts and then the threads I started, not any significant number of my old posts.

On vbulletin, it was possible to retrieve a good hunk of any member's posts (and I mean without searching for posts containing keywords written by that member). For example, you could call up lists such as: the member's first 1,000 posts after joining AzB, his most recent 1,000 posts that are at least a year old, his most recent 1,000 posts, his oldest 1,000 posts within the past year, etc. I was hoping that Xenforo would be at least that flexible in allowing us to see a member's past posts.

Is there now no way to see most old posts without searching on keywords?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Is there now no way to see most old posts without searching on keywords?
Under the Search button at top right, you can select advanced Threadloom search and that allows you to specify user and date range.
After you select "🔍Search" -> "Threadloom search" + "Advanced Search" you get to the advanced search page with very few options. You have to then select at the top "Search threads" and all the thread search options appear including date range. You do not have to specify a keyword.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Under the Search button at top right, you can select advanced Threadloom search and that allows you to specify user and date range.
After you select "🔍Search" -> "Threadloom search" + "Advanced Search" you get to the advanced search page with very few options. You have to then select at the top "Search threads" and all the thread search options appear including date range. You do not have to specify a keyword.
Thanks, Bob, but it isn't working for me. If I do what you said, using your user name, I get a list of your posts between the dates I specified -- just what I sought. If I do it using my user name, I get about 15 of my most recent posts followed by the threads that I started -- but not my posts from threads that I did not start. Maybe I'm still doing it incorrectly.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Bob, but it isn't working for me. If I do what you said, using your user name, I get a list of your posts between the dates I specified -- just what I sought. If I do it using my user name, I get about 15 of my most recent posts followed by the threads that I started -- but not my posts from threads that I did not start. Maybe I'm still doing it incorrectly.
It looks to me like the advanced Threadloom search is broken and only gives thread basenote results. Try instead the normal threadloom search and when you get some results, change the user and then select custom dates. That seems to give both starter and responder posts. I note that the post number in the thread is marked that way while the "advanced" path does not show the post number (since they are all #1).

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the top of the textarea where you type in your post, there is a menu containing from left to right: Bold, Italics, Font Size, List, Alignment, which are things that most people never use. On the other hand, all the way to the right are three vertical dots , and if you click on that icon a submenu appears with other items, like smilies and quote, which are things some people use every day. I propose that smiles and quote be the first two items above the textarea, and the mostly unused stuff from Bold to Alignment be put in a submenu. Thanks.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The more I use this new set up the better I like it. I love being able to just drop a Youtube link in here and the system does the rest!

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Is there a way to know how many replies without opening the thread? I find this handy in the For Sale forum.
And is there a way to see who posted last in a thread without opening? Some topics do not command my attention, but some members insight I value greatly.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Is there a way to know how many replies without opening the thread? I find this handy in the For Sale forum.
And is there a way to see who posted last in a thread without opening? Some topics do not command my attention, but some members insight I value greatly.
The list of threads for each Forum shows both of those things. Just look over on the right side of the list for both the number of replies to each thread and who posted most recently.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

The list of threads for each Forum shows both of those things. Just look over on the right side of the list for both the number of replies to each thread and who posted most recently.

Thank you.

I was curious about individual threads. For example, a thread on snooker may not be a priority to me, but if I knew a certain Canadian champion just posted, his insight that I value would prompt me to do so.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you.

I was curious about individual threads. For example, a thread on snooker may not be a priority to me, but if I knew a certain Canadian champion just posted, his insight that I value would prompt me to do so.
It is possible to "follow" members by clicking on the "Follow" button in their avatar pop-up, but I'm not sure what it gets you. Presumably notifications about their posts.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The blue Up/Down navigation arrows in bottom right corner disappear too quickly/don't reappear quickly enough. Thanks.