Match made in heaven

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trucking industry and billiards industry.
First I've been driving a truck for over 25 years and I have been playing pool player for the last 15.
These are my thoughts and I truly believe it's perfect match.
The trucking industry spends millions in advertising not on selling services but recruiting. The trucking industry needs drivers very badly and they spend all their advertising dollars trying to recruit in house basically hey you drive for them come drive for us. No new resources.
The billiards industry is in the situation begging for outside advertising.
I have to believe based on my experience driving a truck and playing pool that it's a awesome match a relationship that is beneficial to both. I get paid 75k to run around playing fast Eddie.
If I was a pool player and wanted a career besides making ends meet. Trucking is a lock.
Anyway I hope that every promoter out there hits up trucking companies and if you hit the lottery and one of them buys pool.
Please I want to represent the trucking industry as their sponsored player. I will represent the truck driver and the pool player. It's my life.
Anyone wanting my thoughts or advice can email me at truckdriverlikestogamble@gmail.com
I pulled the trigger on this post because I truly believe the right person will make it happen.
My company gets a kick out of me playing pool.
One day I hope I'm in a commercial parking my truck next to the pool hall walking in geared up and ready for action.
I'm a truck driver that plays pool, nope I'm a pool player that drives a truck...
F your negative comments in advance
Good luck
Hey predator make me a sponsored player I already play with nothing but predator equipment. But how strong would it be for me to tell my boss who owns a thousand trucks and a huge factory I'm a sponsored player it might just make him look twice.
And it would give me credibility to hey boss why don't you jump in and let me promote the company as a great place to work and you let me go to some tournaments in one of the trucks.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
My nephew's a big shot in a trucking company....How can his company make money re pool?

Jeff Livingston

SlateMan

Registered
My nephew's a big shot in a trucking company....How can his company make money re pool?

Jeff Livingston
I don't think he was suggesting the ROI would be in sales. The trucking companies spend lots of advertising dollars recruiting drivers. He was suggesting going after the HR recruiting dollars and diverting it to pool. Pool players would make good money as truck drivers and still get to play pool. Much like the UFC use to have the US Marines advertising dollars from recruitment.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Trucking industry and billiards industry.
First I've been driving a truck for over 25 years and I have been playing pool player for the last 15.
These are my thoughts and I truly believe it's perfect match.
The trucking industry spends millions in advertising not on selling services but recruiting. The trucking industry needs drivers very badly and they spend all their advertising dollars trying to recruit in house basically hey you drive for them come drive for us. No new resources.
The billiards industry is in the situation begging for outside advertising.
I have to believe based on my experience driving a truck and playing pool that it's a awesome match a relationship that is beneficial to both. I get paid 75k to run around playing fast Eddie.
If I was a pool player and wanted a career besides making ends meet. Trucking is a lock.
Anyway I hope that every promoter out there hits up trucking companies and if you hit the lottery and one of them buys pool.
Please I want to represent the trucking industry as their sponsored player. I will represent the truck driver and the pool player. It's my life.
Anyone wanting my thoughts or advice can email me at truckdriverlikestogamble@gmail.com
I pulled the trigger on this post because I truly believe the right person will make it happen.
My company gets a kick out of me playing pool.
One day I hope I'm in a commercial parking my truck next to the pool hall walking in geared up and ready for action.
I'm a truck driver that plays pool, nope I'm a pool player that drives a truck...
F your negative comments in advance
Good luck
Hey predator make me a sponsored player I already play with nothing but predator equipment. But how strong would it be for me to tell my boss who owns a thousand trucks and a huge factory I'm a sponsored player it might just make him look twice.
And it would give me credibility to hey boss why don't you jump in and let me promote the company as a great place to work and you let me go to some tournaments in one of the trucks.
Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. The problem is, why should an outside industry invest in pool when they won't even invest in themselves? They don't even have any organization of any kind. I love Shark Tank. It seems the first thing that gets an "Im out" is if you can't give them numbers. They don't invest in pipe dreams.

There is not a sponsor/investor or angel who you could make an honest pitch to as it stands today. It may be an, "If you build it they will come" scenario. It seems most pool ideas are expecting them, the investor, to do all the building.

A lot of start ups first investors are family and friends. Pool needs to grow from within. Pool rooms, suppliers, players and so on need to be involved.

You know how basic it is. Suppose this site put on the AZBilliards annual open. What kind of money do you think could be raised for a thing right here. I would say a lot.

How about an organization of pool room owners. After all they are the most direct beneficiaries of the promotion of pool. This has to be self supporting. You don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:

SlateMan

Registered
Back it up.

Do Truck company needs drivers.
Dem Drivers require specialized skills?
Duh
I see a TON of these ads where they say they will train you to drive. Most people just don't want to be on the road away from friends and family for long periods at a time.

Reactions: Pin

middleofnowhere

Registered
I see a TON of these ads where they say they will train you to drive. Most people just don't want to be on the road away from friends and family for long periods at a time.
Just last week a tanker truck went off an overpass and burned near me. I can just imagine the training that driver had he could not even make the turn on an overpass. I don't want to be on the road with amature truck driver's.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been a truck driver since 1985. One thing I've learned... many trucking companies offer sign-on bonuses. Usually, if not 99% of the time, the bigger the bonus they offer the worse they are to work for.

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered
I don't see it happening anytime soon. I don't think they'll be able to teach an automated system how to drive on ice and snow.
You just need to look at old copies of popular science or popular mechanics from the '50s. I'm still waiting for my jetpack and flying cars that was supposed to arrive by the year 2000.

SlateMan

Registered
Just last week a tanker truck went off an overpass and burned near me. I can just imagine the training that driver had he could not even make the turn on an overpass. I don't want to be on the road with amature truck driver's.
I'll take 10 amateur truck drivers over 5 teen drivers texting and facebooking while driving down the highway....

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
You just need to look at old copies of popular science or popular mechanics from the '50s. I'm still waiting for my jetpack and flying cars that was supposed to arrive by the year 2000.

Made me think of this, give it a listen a let me know what you think. I think it's ridiculously funny, if you're not a fan of an F bomb, maybe don't listen though haha (y) (y)

middleofnowhere

Registered

Made me think of this, give it a listen a let me know what you think. I think it's ridiculously funny, if you're not a fan of an F bomb, maybe don't listen though haha (y) (y)
Thats funny but on a more serious note. Yesterday in my town a car ran into a pole and exploded in flames. In 120 years we are still driving cars that are rolling bombs. Houses are still built like they were 100 years ago with roofs that blow off and burn to the ground with the slightest spark. The jetpack may be the least of the things that the future promised and didn't deliver.