Matchroom 2023 UK Open (nineball), 30May-4June, Winner $30K

How can I bet Gorst at 25:1? Or is this all funny money for advertisement click bait?
I'm an American and I was able to bet on the World Pool Masters ay Bovada (where you had to look under "snooker" :rolleyes:) and a lesser-known one called Betcoin. Neither of them seem to have odds yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

We don't have table assignments so as to know which matches we can watch yet, do we?

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UK Open betting odds is a joke
Snooker player Jack Lisowski same as Chris Melling? They are giving too much respect to snooker players.
Maybe there's some serious money on him. This would decrease his odds. It wouldn't be beyond a few gamblers to bet big on a "wildcard". It's unlikely, but if a snooker or English 8 ball player is potting well and the layouts fall into place for them then they have an outside chance. Judd Trump made the last 48 at the US Open a couple of years ago. Jack Whelan (ex English pool world champion) ran well at the Scottish Open. They lack some skills but the ones they have are top-notch. Even the danger of someone betting big on Lisowski and him going on a luckfest will make the bookies cautious.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UK Open betting odds is a joke
Snooker player Jack Lisowski same as Chris Melling? They are giving too much respect to snooker players. Should be 100 or more
Albin , Ko should be 9/1 or 10/1, Biado should less than 20 😄 If Kazakis, Aranas are in there, where aren't Chang Jung Lin, Ko Ping Chung, Aloysius Yapp, Zielinski ?

View attachment 701766
The Gorst position is comical. He and Filler and Sanchez Ruiz are the top 3 with a gap to the next few.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think any country that allows online betting is fine. most of these bookies are based in malta or cyprus for tax reasons

I agree, but first these sites have to post odds. I’ve only seen odds posted on the UK betting sites. Other European countries likely have them available, but definitely not in the US right now.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, but first these sites have to post odds. I’ve only seen odds posted on the UK betting sites. Other European countries likely have them available, but definitely not in the US right now.

at the site i checked yesterday the lines weren't nearly as crazy as the ones matchroom posted. snooker players were way down there with lower tier euro players. i think matchroom is cherry picking

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 1 Line up (starts 10am BST/5am EST)
If you are a pool sadist , you will like Day 1 cos it promises lots of dead meat/dead money (FR500s , 600s) being flung around like rag dolls and "tortured" by big name poolstars :ROFLMAO:

Table 1
Live Stream https://www.youtube.com/@MatchroomPool1

day1 table1.png

Table 2
Live Stream https://www.youtube.com/@MatchroomMultiSport

day1 table2.png

Brackets

Day 1 Line up (starts 10am BST/5am EST)
If you are a pool sadist , you will like Day 1 cos it promises lots of dead meat/dead money (FR500s , 600s) being flung around like rag dolls
How do 500s get in? I know 256 is a lot of entrants, but still, it this Open so open that you can just buy your way in if you have the entry fee and are quick enough? Was there a qualifying event?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do 500s get in? I know 256 is a lot of entrants, but still, it this Open so open that you can just buy your way in if you have the entry fee and are quick enough? Was there a qualifying event?

it think it will collide with the european championship so many spots opened that otherwise wouldn't be. some of the dead money players are english 8-ball players and they can be quite good

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Debutant poolstar cum snooker starlet, Jack Lisowski got big win over Dan Suh 9-3. But the big result speaks more about calibre of his opponent than his own performance :LOL:

LIVE STREAM
Table 1

Table 2