Matchroom releases initial Team USA...no SVB

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was looking at the initial 14 player pool for Mosconi cup and there's no SVB, I guess not being willing to commit to them was enough to keep America's best player off the team...

Jaden

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at the initial 14 player pool for Mosconi cup and there's no SVB, I guess not being willing to commit to them was enough to keep America's best player off the team...

Jaden
Very sad that SVB is not on that list, which I assume is related to the recent statement he released regarding his current feelings/plans regarding the 2018 Mosconi Cup. You'd think they'd still have the courtesy to put him on the list, in hopes that he could possibly change his mind.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh well.

It really does not matter who the U.S. puts on the team. We can not compete with a team made up of players from several countries who get to pick who ever has the hot cue that year.

I doubt Shane needs the stress of it all. He is easy to find if any one wants to challenge him in a one on one match.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really does not matter who the U.S. puts on the team. We can not compete with a team made up of players from several countries who get to pick who ever has the hot cue that year.

I doubt Shane needs the stress of it all. He is easy to find if any one wants to challenge him in a one on one match.

You are correct sir

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Players from several countries :rotflmao1: each of those countries would torture the US.
Jason

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players from several countries :rotflmao1: each of those countries would torture the US.
Jason

That has been the issue for a while, ever since other countries took up pool as a real game and not a side thing to snooker. Back when they had snooker players vs US players like Earl, Johnny, etc... it was not very even going our way. UK vs US would be a bit more even now that the rest of the world is working on their pool games.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe not....

Jason you could be right, but I am not sure each of one those countries would torture the U.S. The U.S. against England or Germany would be tough. But, the U.S. against Scotland, France, Greece, Finland, etc. would be competitive.

I think many on here agree the current system is stacked against the U.S. That does not mean Europe does not have great players as we all know they do. But, not all of them play great every year and some choose to live in the U.S. and still play for the Europe team as it is just about a guaranteed big pay day by pool standards. They do that for financial reasons, not out of patriotism.

If Europe is so great they should go tackle Asia. I am sure Taiwan, China and Pinoy Land could come up with a half dozen players and give Europe a run for the money.

I don't blame Europe for wanting to retain the status quo, it is a $30,000 pay day every year for them and the typical European chest thumping.

If there was a way for Team Europe to have to pick one or two countries in advance of the next years Cup to represent Europe we may see different results. But, that won't happen as Europe would fight that tooth and nail.

If I could steal any player from them it would be Niels. He is and amazing player and our team could learn from him. Best wishes Jason.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason you could be right, but I am not sure each of one those countries would torture the U.S. The U.S. against England or Germany would be tough. But, the U.S. against Scotland, France, Greece, Finland, etc. would be competitive.

I think many on here agree the current system is stacked against the U.S. That does not mean Europe does not have great players as we all know they do. But, not all of them play great every year and some choose to live in the U.S. and still play for the Europe team as it is just about a guaranteed big pay day by pool standards. They do that for financial reasons, not out of patriotism.

If Europe is so great they should go tackle Asia. I am sure Taiwan, China and Pinoy Land could come up with a half dozen players and give Europe a run for the money.

I don't blame Europe for wanting to retain the status quo, it is a $30,000 pay day every year for them and the typical European chest thumping.

If there was a way for Team Europe to have to pick one or two countries in advance of the next years Cup to represent Europe we may see different results. But, that won't happen as Europe would fight that tooth and nail.

If I could steal any player from them it would be Niels. He is and amazing player and our team could learn from him. Best wishes Jason.
Put the pipe down brother. Every country in Europe(that plays pool) would beat the US. Sad but true.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... If Europe is so great they should go tackle Asia. I am sure Taiwan, China and Pinoy Land could come up with a half dozen players and give Europe a run for the money.

The Reyes Cup (Europe vs. Asia) was announced shortly after the last Mosconi Cup. But I haven't heard anything about it of late. Hmmm. http://www.matchroomsport.com/portfolio/the-efren-reyes-cup/

For the last 5 years, it has been $20,000 for each member of the winning team and $10,000 for each member of the losing team.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the last 5 years, it has been $20,000 for each member of the winning team and $10,000 for each member of the losing team.

Are you positive its each member? I thought it was the team prize, so 4k for the winners 2k for the losers, but could be wrong fo sho. :thumbup: