Memorial Day

Cuedup

We are providing tools for Ukraine to fight freedom. If they fall we will be in a NATO fight for more freedom. We will be doing the same for Taiwan. For those of you who think "free" is free. Think again. Including freedom.
For some reason I feel compelled to note that we have untold billions to help Ukrainians but we can't afford to deliver non-toxic drinking water to major metropolitan areas.

And other minor details like healthcare and stuff.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm certainly not surprised that is your takeaway. Sure ,find a WW2 vet and thank them for saving your freedom.

Thanking a Gulf War vet for fighting for your freedom is a result of propaganda. The wars of the past decades ,the majority of living vets, were political excursions designed to feed the wealthy rather than defend the ideals and freedom of Americans. It's a huge disservice to our vets , which we treat horribly after they are no longer useful for feeding the machine.

That should be your takeaway.
I'm not sure of the intent and to be honest I don't think the answer is relevant to any points of my post.

My brother served and I saw how he was treated after sacrificing his health after disposing stockpiles of chemical weapons on Johnston Atoll.

My buddy Mark was hit in the head by shrapnel on a mission looking for that Bergdahl fellow. My feelings are that he was a far more important person as a father, husband, son and friend than anything we accomplished over there.

No. I never served.
I respect the vets that have been hoodwinked into fighting wars for others political gains.

I'll also point out empty bullshit that might be likely to encourage others to sign up for the ultimate sacrifice for nothing more than the profit of others.

Larry,

I think that the question Cuedup raised can be posed in a perfectly patriotic spirit. It isn't disrespectful to those who served in our military to wonder about the value of some of the wars our politicians have chosen to wage. On the contrary, I count it as one of our civic duties to question the value of any war waged "on our behalf", in large part to protect those who are willing to sacrifice themselves in defense of our freedom. I'm a bit taken aback by your reaction.

Your friend,

Lou
lou
cuedup is making blatant political comments that in no way pays respect to our fallen miltary personnel
because of those who gave their life he has the freedom to come on azb and be negative in a post on a day we should be respectful
of our fallen heroes
this comment from cuedup for example
I'll also point out empty bullshit that might be likely to encourage others to sign up for the ultimate sacrifice for nothing more than the profit of others.
this implies that those who "sign up" are suckers who fell for the "empty bullshit"
is that appropriate to post in a thread to commemorate our fallen heroes?
cuedup can go to NPR and voice his opinions and have many that will agree with him
there is a time and place for everything
this was not the time or place for cuedup to post his opinion....in my opinion
to you lou again
i am taken aback that you 1)defended cuedup and 2) did not understand where i was coming from
of course its our "duty to question" the decisions of our politicians
but i do not think this thread was the place to discuss/debate it
cant you understand that?
your friend
larry
btw
hey cuedup want to give us a first name or stay anonymous?

Cuedup

This thread should be in NPR. The need to virtue signal and place it here, among the threads intended for pool is the issue.

It will recieve the comments it receives and you will just have to deal with it.

Keep non pool topics off the pool forum if it triggers you.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread should be in NPR. The need to virtue signal and place it here, among the threads intended for pool is the issue.

It will recieve the comments it receives and you will just have to deal with it.

Keep non pool topics off the pool forum if it triggers you.
i dont need to deal with anything
you can have your opinions
and yes your opinions belong in NPR not this thread
as a matter of fact there was a much more civil memorial day thread in NPR started by j2pac
oh
i notice you prefer to stay anonymous
have a nice day after memorial day......;)

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Being repressed by another person, another country or?.... one learns, becomes, and realizes what's important.

Those that came before us to give us freedom, we thank you and the OP for your thoughts.
My dad was Navy, and 30 days after he was decommissioned in WWII his boat/fellow patriots got sunk by a Kamikaze pilot.
The oppressor learned after getting nuked, life should be sailed in the direction of freedom and liberty.
They learned from their mistakes, sad that Russia doesn't get it yet.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont need to deal with anything
you can have your opinions
and yes your opinions belong in NPR not this thread
as a matter of fact there was a much more civil memorial day thread in NPR started by j2pac
oh
i notice you prefer to stay anonymous
have a nice day after memorial day......;)

You know me a little by now, Larry. You know that my "taken aback" remark was not meant as a personal attack, and that no matter what we disagree about will not make me think any less highly of you.

Happy Memorial Day, amigo.

Lou

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You know me a little by now, Larry. You know that my "taken aback" remark was not meant as a personal attack, and that no matter what we disagree about will not make me think any less highly of you.

Happy Memorial Day, amigo.

Lou
lou
you and me are fine
we know each other and know we can differ in opinions and discuss it
but that wont affect our respect for each other....(y)
be well my friend
larry

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
For some reason I feel compelled to note that we have untold billions to help Ukrainians but we can't afford to deliver non-toxic drinking water to major metropolitan areas.

Everybody in this country has access to good drinking water. Everybody in this country has and had healthcare. Metropolitan community and county hospitals took in the indigent and gave them healthcare for decades. What is not being done is securing our pourous borders and curbing inflation that is out of control.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
When your first sentence is objectively and demonstrably wrong I assume the rest is similarly without value.

Have you heard about the lead in Flints water supply?
Value and truth is in the eye of the beholder. Your truth is not mine and vice versa.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member

"stuff" can be purchased from your salary. So can healthcare. So can water.