Merrillville, IN

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a new room was opened up not too long ago in Griffith, Indiana. Looks like that's about 15 minutes from Merrillville.

Here's that thread:
http://www.forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=301303

I've never been there but I ran into some of the guys that play out of there (maybe even run the place?) and they seemed pretty cool.

Here's the address listed in the other thread:

116 S Broad St.
Griffith, IN 46319

(219) 934-7665

Last edited:

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Griffith is probably your best bet. I've heard Diamond Jims in crown point has some gold crowns too, but i've never been in there.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any pool rooms here? Any AZ members?
I can't remember any pool room in the 70's in Merrilville.
Had a lot of bars and dance clubs with bar table's. Even the Disco's had tables. Lots of gambling back then in Gary, Hammond and all the other towns in Northwest Indiana. Dead now.

GriffinG

dogger of balls
Silver Member
I am from here...
Griffith Billiards on Broad & Main in Griffith is the best, they have a day rate of $10 from noon to 8pm 7 days a week. James works there in the evenings past 6 (except wednesdays) and is a great guy that does good tip/shaft work on a lathe.
Jukebox Billiards is on Calumet Ave in Munster, just south of I80, the tables are not great and neither are the rates. I heard recently that it might be up for sale.
Diamond Jim's just south of the Square in Crown Point is ok, they have about half a dozen big tables and 1 bar box. Their weekday special is free pool from like 11-2 if you eat lunch there. I heard they recently recovered some of the tables but I have not hit 1 ball there in the past year since Griffith opened. The equipment never really stayed in great condition because on the weekends it turns into a packed house.
There are a few decent bars in the area with little tournaments... Home Plate Pub in Hammond has a Friday night single elimination 8 ball, I think there's still a Thu night tourney at the Back Court in Crown Point but I don't know.
If you're on Facebook, join the group I created: Northwest Indiana Billiards Network. I post a lot of stuff there for tournaments and leagues in the area. Hit me up if you need any more info, I'm connected to pretty much all the leagues and tournaments in the area somehow, and most of the players. (except APA)
-Griffin

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am from here...
Griffith Billiards on Broad & Main in Griffith is the best, they have a day rate of $10 from noon to 8pm 7 days a week. James works there in the evenings past 6 (except wednesdays) and is a great guy that does good tip/shaft work on a lathe.
Jukebox Billiards is on Calumet Ave in Munster, just south of I80, the tables are not great and neither are the rates. I heard recently that it might be up for sale.
Diamond Jim's just south of the Square in Crown Point is ok, they have about half a dozen big tables and 1 bar box. Their weekday special is free pool from like 11-2 if you eat lunch there. I heard they recently recovered some of the tables but I have not hit 1 ball there in the past year since Griffith opened. The equipment never really stayed in great condition because on the weekends it turns into a packed house.
There are a few decent bars in the area with little tournaments... Home Plate Pub in Hammond has a Friday night single elimination 8 ball, I think there's still a Thu night tourney at the Back Court in Crown Point but I don't know.
If you're on Facebook, join the group I created: Northwest Indiana Billiards Network. I post a lot of stuff there for tournaments and leagues in the area. Hit me up if you need any more info, I'm connected to pretty much all the leagues and tournaments in the area somehow, and most of the players. (except APA)
-Griffin

Jukebox in Munster is closed now (probably for the reasons you stated). I second it - Griffith Billiards is an excellent room, about 5 nine-footers and lots of bar boxes, adults only (smoking, good bar), seen some pretty good players there.