Met TWO AZr's. All I can say is...

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
When they heard of my trip to MD, two of our AZrs came out to meet and greet me. All I can say is it was a class act by the both of them. They both provided me and my sister with very nice cues to use and The ICON certainly came through with the dinner!!! BEST DAMN CRAB CAKES I have ever had. The other drove up from Virginia to stay the night and hang out with us. I got to meet both THE_ICON_of_SIN and the PURDMAN, both of their wives as well. I can't wait to meet you guys again, pool was awesome. I wish I had more time and that my head was more in it (my pool spirit was on fire to play) but (my reality spirit was somewhere else).
It was a great pleasure to meet you guys, Thank you and take care.

JON
 
Thanks for sharing. This forum brings a lot of good people together and I'm glad to hear you hooked up and had a positive experience with two of them.
 
PROG8R said:
When they heard of my trip to MD, two of our AZrs came out to meet and greet me. All I can say is it was a class act by the both of them. They both provided me and my sister with very nice cues to use and The ICON certainly came through with the dinner!!! BEST DAMN CRAB CAKES I have ever had. The other drove up from Virginia to stay the night and hang out with us. I got to meet both THE_ICON_of_SIN and the PURDMAN, both of their wives as well. I can't wait to meet you guys again, pool was awesome. I wish I had more time and that my head was more in it (my pool spirit was on fire to play) but (my reality spirit was somewhere else).
It was a great pleasure to meet you guys, Thank you and take care.

JON

That's very cool! I'm glad y'all had a nice meet-and-greet.

For sure, you cannot come to Maryland without checking out the crabcakes. Chesapeake crabs are sweeter than anywhere else in the world!

Next time you come to Maryland, you'll have to get down and dirty like the natives do it and pick that crab meat yourself at a crab feast! YUMMIE!

JAM
 
JAM said:
That's very cool! I'm glad y'all had a nice meet-and-greet.

For sure, you cannot come to Maryland without checking out the crabcakes. Chesapeake crabs are sweeter than anywhere else in the world!

Next time you come to Maryland, you'll have to get down and dirty like the natives do it and pick that crab meat yourself at a crab feast! YUMMIE!

JAM

JAM, I didn't have the heart to tell em, Phillip's and the rest of them use imported crab meat . Not what the " Purdman" (whose uncle owned Ernie's Crab House in Northern Virginia for 20 some years) would give them. I been eating Maryland's best all my life. I have had MD. Blue Crabs for 56 years. I have had em where ya couldn't eat more than 3 of them Super Jumbo's. When I was five, I had a line hooked to a inner tube with a bushel basket sitting in it, walking thru 14 inches of water filling that basket up for free. It just ain't the same these days. To truly enjoy the experience, you need a strong string, a chicken neck, a net on a 6 ft. pole, a dock and a little skill. Steam the catch, pick the meat, a few bread crumbs ( saltines) an egg, some old bay, a shallot, dry mustard, mayonnaise and butter for sauteing. It don't get no better than that.
Purdman
Hands on crab eater!!!!
 
Last edited:
My Pleasure JON

It was nice meeting up with ya JON. This is the second time I have had the pleasure of meeting Icon. I am not surprised at all that he has such a sweet wife. I am proud to know them.
Your sister plays a good game of pool herself. Please tell her that I am glad to have met her. She reminds me of my older sister. It was nice meeting you both and let me know when you decide to come back. We will stay closer to where you are and give you as much support as we can.
Purdman :cool:
Pleasure was all mine!!!
 
Purdman said:
JAM, I didn't have the heart to tell em, Phillip's and the rest of them use imported crab meat . Not what the " Purdman" (whose uncle owned Ernie's Crab House in Northern Virginia for 20 some years) would give them. I been eating Maryland's best all my life. I have had MD. Blue Crabs for 56 years. I have had em where ya couldn't eat more than 3 of them Super Jumbo's. When I was five, I had a line hooked to a inner tube with a bushel basket sitting in it, walking thru 14 inches of water filling that basket up for free. It just ain't the same these days. To truly enjoy the experience, you need a strong string, a chicken neck, a net on a 6 ft. pole, a dock and a little skill. Steam the catch, pick the meat, a few bread crumbs ( saltines) an egg, some old bay, a shallot, dry mustard, mayonnaise and butter for sauteing. It don't get no better than that.
Purdman
Hands on crab eater!!!!

Now you're talking! :D

My parents have a cottage at Mayo Beach, and when I was growing up, we used to go down there and catch crabs right off the pier in the back of the cottage, with the chicken necks on the string. Sometimes we'd use bread and peanut butter rolled up in a ball and tie that on a string. Our cottage was right on an inlet off the South River. We'd go fishing and crabbing all the time. There ain't nothing better than picking those Chesapeake Bay crabs.

I went to a Joss tournament in New England a few years ago. At the end of the night, we had to return to our hotel room and rest for the next day of the tournament, and everything was closed except that pool room. Ironically, they had crab cakes on the menu. So I ordered them to go, looking forward to a midnight delicious meal in the privacy of our room. :p

When we got to the hotel, I couldn't wait to munch down. I opened up the box, and inside was a crab cake sandwich, at least I think it was a crab cake. It was flat as a pancake and dark brown in color. I couldn't eat it. :o

When in Maryland, go for the real deal, one of Maryland's finest delicacies -- Chesapeake Bay crabs. :)

JAM
 
There's Too Much 'Picking' Involved In Eating Crabs For MY Liking

JAM said:
Now you're talking! :D
When in Maryland, go for the real deal, one of Maryland's finest delicacies -- Chesapeake Bay crabs. :)

JAM


I have a friend in New Orleans that's gotten rich by shipping LOUISIANA blue crabs to Maryland for 30 years....... you'd better check those crab's driver licenses.
Doug

*Time for you to click on my two links below once again... :)
 
God Bless Your Father's Sacrifice

Smorgass Bored said:
*Time for you to click on my two links below once again... :)



cuesblues from Denver sent me a PM about the second youtube link in my signature and I wanted to send a PM reply, but it was too long for a PM. I don't mean to hijack this thread and i hope that noone will mind if I post my reply here:

--------
JUST A COMMON SOLDIER
(A Soldier Died Today)
by A. Lawrence Vaincourt

He was getting old and paunchy and his hair was falling fast,
And he sat around the Legion, telling stories of the past.
Of a war that he had fought in and the deeds that he had done,
In his exploits with his buddies; they were heroes, every one.

And tho' sometimes, to his neighbors, his tales became a joke,
All his Legion buddies listened, for they knew whereof he spoke.
But we'll hear his tales no longer for old Bill has passed away,
And the world's a little poorer, for a soldier died today.

He will not be mourned by many, just his children and his wife,
For he lived an ordinary and quite uneventful life.
Held a job and raised a family, quietly going his own way,
And the world won't note his passing, though a soldier died today.

When politicians leave this earth, their bodies lie in state,
While thousands note their passing and proclaim that they were great.
Papers tell their whole life stories, from the time that they were young,
But the passing of a soldier goes unnoticed and unsung.

Is the greatest contribution to the welfare of our land
A guy who breaks his promises and cons his fellow man?
Or the ordinary fellow who, in times of war and strife,
Goes off to serve his Country and offers up his life?

A politician's stipend and the style in which he lives
Are sometimes disproportionate to the service that he gives.
While the ordinary soldier, who offered up his all,
Is paid off with a medal and perhaps, a pension small.

It's so easy to forget them for it was so long ago,
That the old Bills of our Country went to battle, but we know
It was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys,
Who won for us the freedom that our Country now enjoys.

Should you find yourself in danger, with your enemies at hand,
Would you want a politician with his ever-shifting stand?
Or would you prefer a soldier, who has sworn to defend
His home, his kin and Country and would fight until the end?

He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin,
But his presence should remind us we may need his like again.
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.

If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.
Perhaps just a simple headline in a paper that would say,
Our Country is in mourning, for a soldier died today.....




.
 
common thread

Smorgass Bored said:
cuesblues from Denver sent me a PM about the second youtube link in my signature and I wanted to send a PM reply, but it was too long for a PM. I don't mean to hijack this thread and i hope that noone will mind if I post my reply here:

--------
JUST A COMMON SOLDIER
(A Soldier Died Today)
by A. Lawrence Vaincourt

He was getting old and paunchy and his hair was falling fast,
And he sat around the Legion, telling stories of the past.
Of a war that he had fought in and the deeds that he had done,
In his exploits with his buddies; they were heroes, every one.

And tho' sometimes, to his neighbors, his tales became a joke,
All his Legion buddies listened, for they knew whereof he spoke.
But we'll hear his tales no longer for old Bill has passed away,
And the world's a little poorer, for a soldier died today.

He will not be mourned by many, just his children and his wife,
For he lived an ordinary and quite uneventful life.
Held a job and raised a family, quietly going his own way,
And the world won't note his passing, though a soldier died today.

When politicians leave this earth, their bodies lie in state,
While thousands note their passing and proclaim that they were great.
Papers tell their whole life stories, from the time that they were young,
But the passing of a soldier goes unnoticed and unsung.

Is the greatest contribution to the welfare of our land
A guy who breaks his promises and cons his fellow man?
Or the ordinary fellow who, in times of war and strife,
Goes off to serve his Country and offers up his life?

A politician's stipend and the style in which he lives
Are sometimes disproportionate to the service that he gives.
While the ordinary soldier, who offered up his all,
Is paid off with a medal and perhaps, a pension small.

It's so easy to forget them for it was so long ago,
That the old Bills of our Country went to battle, but we know
It was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys,
Who won for us the freedom that our Country now enjoys.

Should you find yourself in danger, with your enemies at hand,
Would you want a politician with his ever-shifting stand?
Or would you prefer a soldier, who has sworn to defend
His home, his kin and Country and would fight until the end?

He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin,
But his presence should remind us we may need his like again.
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.

If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.
Perhaps just a simple headline in a paper that would say,
Our Country is in mourning, for a soldier died today.....




.

Very nice Doug, I don't think you hijacked this thread, it is about meeting people with similar interests. This poem is right on...Thanks
 
JAM said:
When in Maryland, go for the real deal, one of Maryland's finest delicacies -- Chesapeake Bay crabs. :)

JAM
G&M's in Linthicum, MD has the best crab cakes I have ever had. Can't wait for my next vacation back in MD to go there and have one or two.
 
JAM said:
That's very cool! I'm glad y'all had a nice meet-and-greet.

For sure, you cannot come to Maryland without checking out the crabcakes. Chesapeake crabs are sweeter than anywhere else in the world!

Next time you come to Maryland, you'll have to get down and dirty like the natives do it and pick that crab meat yourself at a crab feast! YUMMIE!

JAM

We eat Blue Crabs all the time in FL They are good, but messy. I do not prefer to eat them up when I have to clean them up as well as break them. I am intrigued however at the entire softshell thing. I have never had the pleasure (if it is one). But I love those King Crab legs that I used to get at woody's seafood in MD. Absolutely the best there is.
 
PROG8R said:
We eat Blue Crabs all the time in FL They are good, but messy. I do not prefer to eat them up when I have to clean them up as well as break them. I am intrigued however at the entire softshell thing. I have never had the pleasure (if it is one). But I love those King Crab legs that I used to get at woody's seafood in MD. Absolutely the best there is.

Do you guys remember that place I told you about that was close to Rising Sun that I could not remember the location to? I went to Google and found it (very easy)

Here it is: Heath, how close is it to where we were?

http://www.woodyscrabhouse.com/index.html
 
Back
Top