Mezz United Joint

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will a regular 5/16x14 shaft screw on to a Mezz United joint pin?
Thank You for your help!

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz has finest joint in the business! United is my favorite great choice!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about a list of 5/16x 14 cues that a United Joint would work with.

Would it fit

Joss Cues?

Kikel Cues?

KYCATS

Registered
Will a regular 5/16x14 shaft screw on to a Mezz United joint pin?
Thank You for your help!
It depends on which 5/16 14 shaft it is. It has to be a very small collar like the ones on predator shafts. I also have a Jacoby black shaft that fits my Mezz uj

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It depends on which 5/16 14 shaft it is. It has to be a very small collar like the ones on predator shafts. I also have a Jacoby black shaft that fits my Mezz uj
Exactly.
Depends on how the i.d. of the insert is drilled/bored.
Inserts that were done with an -F- drill will be ok. Inserts that have an i.d. of .250 or less will be to tight to screw on. Also, other shafts with a nipple of .500 may not seat. Mezz shaft inserts pilot are around .475. The pilot in the butt may not be our standard of .500. I know Falcon cues pilot was smaller.

Last edited:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A flat face 5/16-14 shaft will screw onto United pin without a problem. My Jacoby BLaCk shafts with their standard 5/16-14 pilot will screw onto my United pins just fine. That’s my experience with trying to use a United pin with a 5/16-14 shaft. My United jointed shafts screw on universally to 5/16-14 pins.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I guess a flat faced 5/16 x 14 shaft will thread on with no issues, but what about the piloted ones on Kikel cues and Joss Cues. I did reach out to Mezz USA and hope to hear their opinion soon.. Maybe, If I am lucky........

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to Caroline at Mezz yesterday and got all my questions answered. Their piloted 5/16 x14 will fit My Kikel and also Joss cues.

I was little surprised at the weight which she said is affected by the insert. They seem to run 4.30 - 4.40 ounces for the 29 and 30 inch shaft.