Michaela Tabb - no more refereeing ???

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO Michaela's notoriety is because of how well she handles unruly crowds and players, not simply because she's a woman.

Judgement, commanding voice and perfect timing combine to make her an authoritative presence. Perhaps her earlier career was as a nun in a Catholic school. :D

I wish she was the nun who used to paddle me in fifth grade instead of that ugly hag Sister Vincencia.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I swear, I had nothing to do with it, we just posed for a picture, nothing happened.

Lou Figueroa

Sure, Lou, we heard the stories. Too many Comsmopolitans, a used pair of white gloves, and now this pic.

Better watch out. If Gail gets wind of this you'll be sleeping with Rhea in the back of somebody's car.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Very few mistakes for sure, but this one's a classic...probably been posted somewhere before.

Cat, I was reffing a fairly high level tourney one day and I did exactly that. I have no idea what I was thinking about, prolly the same as Mich did, but I can tell you, it was absolutely embarrassing. I only wish that the players and crowd had reacted the same to me, that they did when Mich did it.

Not quite even close. I bet that at that point, I could have crawled into any of the pockets and hid.

tatcat2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cat, I was reffing a fairly high level tourney one day and I did exactly that. I have no idea what I was thinking about, prolly the same as Mich did, but I can tell you, it was absolutely embarrassing. I only wish that the players and crowd had reacted the same to me, that they did when Mich did it.

Not quite even close. I bet that at that point, I could have crawled into any of the pockets and hid.

Not to worry sir - every referee that has worked (probably) more than two shifts on a packed tournament floor, or one that has actually presided over (probably around) at least six matches, has done it.

If I were putting together a staff and a prospective member told me they had never made a mistake during a match - or would never make a mistake, including a big one - I would send them down the road, for they would have just proven that they don't have the first clue about officiating billiards or any other activity.

Buddy

Last edited:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like her

I like her and hope she does more of it. I especially like it when she tells Earl to quit talking, not any easy task if he is loosing.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, Lou, we heard the stories. Too many Comsmopolitans, a used pair of white gloves, and now this pic.

Better watch out. If Gail gets wind of this you'll be sleeping with Rhea in the back of somebody's car.

lol.

You know the thing about that photo is that Jay was fumbling with my camera and ended up taking about 10 shots. But all the while, Michaela is whispering in my ear in between takes in that Scottish lilt of hers and THAT was quite entertaining.

Lou Figueroa

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
lol.

You know the thing about that photo is that Jay was fumbling with my camera and ended up taking about 10 shots. But all the while, Michaela is whispering in my ear in between takes in that Scottish lilt of hers and THAT was quite entertaining.

Lou Figueroa

let's not forget, that MICHAELA, put down DENNIS HATCH, on Day 2.5 @ Beatles - because she was still on payroll & ranked (and BACKED by Lee Brett, plus some).

as for this pic - you have no-oooo idea what it cost....but KVINBRWR does
:cool:

what happens in Vegas....

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
well, I guess we'll have to wait until next Matchroom event she has been involved in before... If she doesn't appear in any and even in the Mosconi Cup in December, THEN it's definitely time to ask questions

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Did anyone give serious thought to the possibility that Mich may be moving to Canada.

And that she told me that she will never leave my side. That is why she may not be doing any traveling in the future.

Bet ya never thought of that, eh.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds to me like, that with her "celebrity" status as a premier referee worldwide for the WPA, the Mosconi Cup, the Professional Snooker Tour, and Bonus Ball, she has been able to generate more income as a special events referee, than "working for the man"! LOL I certainly hope so...she's earned it, and is great at what she does! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

And I'm more than sure her refereeing skills is what got her where she is today ;)

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucky ass

Did anyone give serious thought to the possibility that Mich may be moving to Canada.

And that she told me that she will never leave my side. That is why she may not be doing any traveling in the future.

I kinda figured that's what was going on, you lucky b*st*rd...haha

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Simply put, good looks aside, Michaela is one of the best refs in the business. I know that when she is out there the match will be run right and there won't be any funny stuff going on either. In truth there are only a handful of top flight refs in pool (kind of like boxing) and Michaela is right at the top of the food chain. I've had the pleasure of working with her several times and she has been very helpful to me on many occasions.

All that aside, she is a wonderful person with a great sense of humor and is very cordial to everyone she meets, player or fan alike. Michaela can be besieged by people who want a moment of her time and she is unfailingly polite and gracious at all times. Just a delightful person to have as part of our game and a pleasure to be around. I for one hope she does not retire from pool. :clapping:

Last edited:

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a posting in the snooker section
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/other-sport/steve-davis-jimmy-white-stephen-8708838

Four of the biggest names in snooker are coming together for a special exhibition event in Frimley Green.

Seven-times World Champion Stephen Hendry, teams up with six-times champion Steve Davis, to take on the Whirlwind Jimmy White and 1991 World Champion John Parrott at Lakeside on Sunday, March 15.

Fans will have an incredible opportunity to watch and meet the legendary players.

Commentator John Virgo will be on hand to provide expert analysis and generally keep the crowds entertained, while Michaela Tabb will officiate.

Cost: From £27 per person including booking fee, curry supper and VAT

http://www.lakesidesurrey.co.uk/eventdetails.php?Snooker-Legends-117

How does that compare to U.S. pool exhibitions?

Last edited:

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I have always been a fan of Michaela. She's got it all. She's got a very sexy voice, good looks, knows how to control the crowds and is a top notch professional. But if she does decide she is not going to be a referee anymore I can only support her decision after everything she has done for the game so far.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I did but I didn't want to spoil your secret!:grin:

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member

Oh yeah, was she bringing her kids and husband too?