MIKE BENDER WHERE'S MY CUES?????

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kind of agree with OP, the wait should not have been this long. But maybe the cuemaker has a real-life crisis? I don't know either of you but to be honest it's just $300. I am not saying that just forget about the $300 but what I would say is try and visit the guy whenever you're nearby his town.

I don't mean travel to him for the $300, but maybe whenever you're next to his town just visit where he stays and ask around for him, that's all. Ask for your $300 back if you find him or a relative of his.

Gluck.
There is no real life crisis, but if there was one a business person with open orders should contact their customers with updates right?
Not disconnect his personal phone number and business phone number..

You're right the $300 isn't life changing money for me, but it could be a lot of money to a lot of pool players out there.

Is it fair to say it's OK to rip me off because I can afford it, but it's not OK to rip off the guy that makes a modest wage that's been saving for a pool cue for 18-24 months?

You ever watch 2 guys in a pool room going back and forth for a couple of hours trying to match up for $200-$300.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My point is it may or may not be a lot of money it depends on each persons perception, but I think most would agree when you take money for goods and services you should deliver in the time frame quoted or communicate.. Right?
Disconnecting your lines of communication and going black isn't a good look..

Bottom line its about accountability..

Until Mike comes forward and says FU you're not getting cues and I'm send you you're money back I'm going to assume
I still have an order.

I placed the order almost 8 years ago.
Mike needs to man up and cancel the order if that's his intentions.

I have no plans to visit Mike Bender in Alaska. LOL

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two cents.

No one likes to see another person lose money like this.

No one wants to read about the deals from faceflop either, if burned thru faceflop, tell your story on faceflop.

ONE THING FOR CERTAIN?

We don't read these stories about the fantastic Cuemakers in the Ask the Cuemaker section here on AZBilliards.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My two cents.

No one wants to read about the deals from faceflop either, if burned thru faceflop, tell your story on faceflop.

ONE THING FOR CERTAIN?

We don't read these stories about the fantastic Cuemakers in the Ask the Cuemaker section here on AZBilliards.

Thank goodness most Cuemakers are honest business people.

But sadly likes of Wheat & Zinzola make it bad for good ones.

Binder in ACA still? If so they might help with dispute?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I’m not sold you’re actually a victim. The cuemaker is not that late. What is it, 15% late thus far? That’s nothing in cuemaker time.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two cents.

ONE THING FOR CERTAIN?

I'm not sure what faceflop is and I don't do deals there..
I've been a member of AZB since 2006 but not as active over the past 3 years
My transaction history here is good, read the comments..

AHHHHH I understand you're point about fantastic cue makers.. You build cues..

I went to your website..
If I could give you some advice..
Work on your photography skills..
I'm sure you build a nice cue, I'm sure they look good in your hands but your pics aren't doing you any justice.. (Not meant as a dig).

Thanks for the post

Good Luck..

Last edited:

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I’m not sold you’re actually a victim. The cuemaker is not that late. What is it, 15% late thus far? That’s nothing in cuemaker time.

I love that one cue maker time..
What gets me is when somebody actually thinks its a true measurement of time.
Here are the new time frames introduced..
We have Unicorn time, followed by Cue maker time, and of course lastly we have Big foot time..

Lets not muddy up the waters with your terrible math on percentages. Oh wait! Are you using Cue Makers math????
It's been 2 years 7 months since the time frame of 5 years quoted (Mike did peal back to 3 years because they were simple players but lets use 5 years as the mark)

5 years = 60 months
2 years 7 months = 31 months..

Now do the math..

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
My takeaway:

Dale will not get "BENDER" cues

Dale is a 2 to 1 underdog getting "BENDER" to refund his 3 hun let alone the 3 hun + potential interest income

No interest in"BENDER" or his wares (mind boggling that he trashed his rep over this tripe)

i appreciate Dale bringing this to light, i'm sure he realized the attendant risk

that's all folks

DieselPete

I have to say that, in general, I think we all, as consumers, benefit from a culture in which the providers of goods and services learn that if they stiff us, fail to respond to us in a timely fashion, or deliver shoddy work and refuse to correct it, we have the power to do them great damage via the internet. We can hurt their reputations, decrease their future sales, perhaps even run them out of business. All by simply being honest through a very loud megaphone. We also can do them a favor when they treat us well. Look at the recent thread on here about Pechauer, to which I contributed, for an example of positive word-of-mouth.

While I have never engaged in such practices as a consumer and would be in no hurry to (I would always bend over backward to try to communicate and work something out), if I ever reached a point that I felt I had been out-and-out robbed... well, I would have an absolute internet field day on someone. I could see trying to bury them and then dancing on their damn business's grave if I felt that I had been robbed and, perhaps just as bad, was then completely ignored. I think that the feeling of doing so is probably a lot like punching the schoolyard bully square in the face in front of everyone.

Jerico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that snowman (interesting handle) is a little Chinese guy that walks around with a huge chip on his shoulders.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think y buddy talked to him a couple weeks ago, said his listed # is 907-895-4725 but
you won't get him with that. Call 907-634-5789, ask for Wilson, he'll buzz Mike in the shop.

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Found out that Mike does not deal with customers any more.

He hired a customer service rep and that’s who you need to deal with now.

Get in touch with Glen Hancock.

I don’t have his number but I’m sure someone on this site will pass it on to you.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found out that Mike does not deal with customers any more.

He hired a customer service rep and that’s who you need to deal with now.

Get in touch with Glen Hancock.

I don’t have his number but I’m sure someone on this site will pass it on to you.

Glen Hancock the Table Mechanic??

Great guy, and I hear he does a great job..

I've also heard he's super tight with Mike Bender..

I'll release the carrier pigeons and send some smoke signals..

Thank you so so so much steveislameco.. :rolleyes:🥱

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Glen Hancock the Table Mechanic??

Great guy, and I hear he does a great job..

I've also heard he's super tight with Mike Bender..

I'll release the carrier pigeons and send some smoke signals..

Thank you so so so much steveislameco.. :rolleyes:🥱
You are very welcome. 😁

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Someone need to start a Go Fund Me for Snowmon34, for pocket change donations amounts of drought, so Snowmon34 gets his 3 large back, as some how I do not see Mr. Bender coughing up the money at this point in time.

I am sure the word has travel to Alaska by now to Mr. Bender about this problem constantly talked about here on AZB Forum, IMHO Bender should have communicated with someone to say something.

But it nothing he has to do. Good communication is a wonderful business tool, bad communications has started many wars. Maybe I am worng but you can build the best flipping Cue in the world, but if you can not communicate with your customers, you have already failed.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Someone need to laugh E a Go Fund Me for Snowmon34, for pocket change amounts of drought, so he get his 3 large back, as some how I do not see Mr. Bender coughing up the money.

I am sure the word has travel to Alaska by now about this problem constantly talked about here, IMHO Bender should he gave communicated with someone to say something.
Seems you and the OP are the only ones that feel this pathetic drivel bears any significance.

If the OP is too unresourceful to contact him, why would anybody reading this give a rat's ass?

You underestimate our apathy for nits.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love that one cue maker time..
What gets me is when somebody actually thinks its a true measurement of time.
Here are the new time frames introduced..
We have Unicorn time, followed by Cue maker time, and of course lastly we have Big foot time..

Lets not muddy up the waters with your terrible math on percentages. Oh wait! Are you using Cue Makers math????
It's been 2 years 7 months since the time frame of 5 years quoted (Mike did peal back to 3 years because they were simple players but lets use 5 years as the mark)

5 years = 60 months
2 years 7 months = 31 months..

Now do the math..
That's 51% late:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in contact with Bender up the 5.5 year mark.. He told me the the cues would be done soon so I've been patiently waiting..

The 4 phone numbers I have I've had no luck getting a hold of him..(disconnected personal cell number and business number... No answer at work number and direct number at his work)..

I'm not going play detective and track him down like all these clowns think I should..
I'm going to let his nut huggers and fellow cue builders do that for me..

I'm sure Mikey Boy has received plenty of emails and phone calls about this thread and he's not coming forward nor has he made an attempt to contact me..

That says it all..
The attachment from this post (I'm not sure if the quote pulled it over...) is that an email from Bender from right now (not 2 years ago?). Is it implying he's aware of all your posts and that is his only reply to you?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been trying to get ahold of Mike Bender for the last couple of months to inquire about ordering a cue, but my emails have bounced back to me. Thanks for the warning. I won't be ordering a cue from him.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Seems you and the OP are the only ones that feel this pathetic drivel bears any significance.

If the OP is too unresourceful to contact him, why would anybody reading this give a rat's ass?

You underestimate our apathy for nits.

Well every time I hear one of these story's it is a reminder why Pool, Pool Players, Cuemakers, and Repair people get a bad name. Plus it reflect on industry as whole.

Recall when Tikkler aka Steve Pisner got a POS from Tony Zinzola, it went on for ever, people took sides, in end I do not know what happened. But Tony IMHO killed the Golden Goose of Cue collectors.

Then you had the Pro Tournment in AZ many years ago, Desert Shootout, were winners, and our own Jay H who was TD got rubber checks.

Everytime I hear these stories, I fell sorry for people done wrong. Maybe that is because I do not have a metal object in chect, still have a little heart.

Yes there are always three side to every story, Party A's, Party B's, and TRUTH. Mike has not come forward, and explained why he did not deliever as promised.

MMan's word, or hand shake use to mean something. Today not so much. One only look at Washington D.C., to figure that out.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I've been trying to get ahold of Mike Bender for the last couple of months to inquire about ordering a cue, but my emails have bounced back to me. Thanks for the warning. I won't be ordering a cue from him.

Ordering cues isn't a problem, sending some one partial payment upfront is, esp when long lead times are involved.

NO DEPOSIT = NO PROBLEM