MIKE BENDER WHERE'S MY CUES?????

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s the latest on this? I’m thinking of buying a Bender Cue again. Love everything about his workmanship. I had one years ago. Should never have sold it.

Has the Op tried contacting Mike?
You could have tried reading the first post:

"
I placed this order with Mike Sept 2013..
Mike told me it would be 5 years but possibly 3 years because they were simple players..
It was a BS gesture and I never considered 3 years to be a delivery option.
I sent Mike $300 down and the balance + shipping would be sent on completetion..

Over the next 5.5 years .. I called Mike a handful of times for updates
Mike always had an excuse why he couldn't send me progress pictures..

One call Mike wanted to change the joint material from ivory to a synthetic product because of the ivory ban. I had no problem with that. It made sense

The last call was at 5.5 years and he told me they should be completed soon.. Again I asked for progress pics nothing was sent..

So at this point I've been waiting for my call, my email, some F'n smoke signals, or even a blast of northern lights to let me know the cues are finished..
I've gotten nothing..

I'm calling you out Mike Bender.. Come defend your name.
I'd like to hear what your definition of soon is.. Is 2 years 2 soon??
"

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You could have tried reading the first post:

"
I placed this order with Mike Sept 2013..
Mike told me it would be 5 years but possibly 3 years because they were simple players..
It was a BS gesture and I never considered 3 years to be a delivery option.
I sent Mike $300 down and the balance + shipping would be sent on completetion..

Over the next 5.5 years .. I called Mike a handful of times for updates
Mike always had an excuse why he couldn't send me progress pictures..

One call Mike wanted to change the joint material from ivory to a synthetic product because of the ivory ban. I had no problem with that. It made sense

The last call was at 5.5 years and he told me they should be completed soon.. Again I asked for progress pics nothing was sent..

So at this point I've been waiting for my call, my email, some F'n smoke signals, or even a blast of northern lights to let me know the cues are finished..
I've gotten nothing..

I'm calling you out Mike Bender.. Come defend your name.
I'd like to hear what your definition of soon is.. Is 2 years 2 soon??
"

Sounds like Mike is someone I would not deal with, old friend had a Bender he got from Mike over 20 years. Cue was told draw, but then that was 20 years ago.

telinoz

Registered
Even a World famous John Paris cue doesn't take this long.

Lol, his cues can't be that good.
Also, anyone selling anything worth their salt will have a schedule and be able to estimate lead times.
Then the buyer gets order placed with terms and conditions.

USA have any decent fair trade laws for customers?
Must be able to report fraud somewhere, which is what this boils down to

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
good, these threads are fun and do keep at least some cue makers feet to the fire.

i see no problem ordering a cue and he says 3 years or whatever. you make the choice. but no way would i send any money until i was sure it was ready to be shipped with pictures or a small deposit just before he could deliver in say a month or so.

a person can take offense if he so chooses, but only a complete sucker will give money in advance with a long wait, and or no way to check on things personally in person.

and never do business with anyone you cant contact easily. why bother.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I’m sorry I revived this thread.
Haha it’s funny. By like page 5 this argument could’ve been settled and done. Snobaby openly stated he would purchase cues from cue maker on the low and tell people he waited 7 years. When the shoe was on the other foot he couldn’t take it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Even a World famous John Paris cue doesn't take this long.

Lol, his cues can't be that good.
Also, anyone selling anything worth their salt will have a schedule and be able to estimate lead times.
Then the buyer gets order placed with terms and conditions.

USA have any decent fair trade laws for customers?
Must be able to report fraud somewhere, which is what this boils down to

Think it $300.00 they buyer is out, seller builder live in small rural area of Alaska.

I am sure Alaskan State Troopers are not going to get involved.

If buyer reached out to them they would say Civil matter, small claims court, or hire attorney.

IMHO unless builder is destitute they should refund deposit.

Both parties might not be unhappy or happy. But buyer finally got deposit back.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
If someone wants to buy a cue from Mike I suggest you call him and talk to him. He is a great guy and an amazing cue maker.
If you ask him he will tell you his side of the story. More info then what is being told here. I won’t get into it, not my place.

R2PQZ

If someone wants to buy a cue from Mike I suggest you call him and talk to him. He is a great guy and an amazing cue maker.
If you ask him he will tell you his side of the story. More info then what is being told here. I won’t get into it, not my place.
I have heard he has an important position working on the Alaska pipeline.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if he cant get the cue done in the time he promised then simply return the deposit back until you can tell the customer exactly when you are going to start and finish.
to keep it for years is a no go for keeping your reputation.