Mike Capone cues, opinions needed

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I'm considering ordering a Capone cue. Has anyone owned one? Thoughts? Thanks,

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had one briefly a few years ago. Great workmanship, nice taper, but it lacked something for me, though my friends really liked it.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a few.Two plane janes and one 4 pointer. Seen nd tried them many. Workmanship is excellent and they play great and consistently. They are medium stiff, more on stiff side.
I like them a lot. Believe you will be highly satisfied.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm considering ordering a Capone cue. Has anyone owned one? Thoughts? Thanks,

cbi,

Very well made cues, I've never heard a complaint about the construction from anyone. I actually have another new one being picked up for me from DCC this week. I personally don't think that you'll be disappointed. The builds range from SP to whatever you want.

Keith

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned two- six pointer and now a four point Hoppe- great construction and I like the way they play very much. I have had wood on wood flat faced joint and ivory sleeved flat face joint- both play well.

Last edited:

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Capone cues

I owned one about 20 years ago. Excellent workmanship. The only reason i sold it was that I'd never owned an expensive cue and found myself worrying about getting it dinged up when playing with it. By the way, the recommendation of Mike's cues that persuaded me to invest in one came from legendary cue maker Bill Stroud.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Capone was my first fancy custom cue. Plays great and looks incredible. Top tier craftsmanship. Plus Mike is a good guy too.

Couldnt recommend more.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I played with a Capone Hoppe for 6 months
Fantastic playing cue.
I recommend the radial pin with a sleeved ivory joint.
He made the joint in mine similar to the way Bill Stroud made ivory joints on his later cues.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had one and a good friend has another. IMO similar in quality and playability to a Bender, which I know you know more about.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I have had one and a good friend has another. IMO similar in quality and playability to a Bender, which I know you know more about.

Mike B and I are great friends for sure. But he is so slowwwwwwww. I’m still waiting. Lol.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy one. That's my official response.
Awesome cues!

A Capone and a Bender are totally different dimensions.
Different tapers tip to bumper.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I've had a Capone 4 pointer for the last 20 years (actually 19). I play it all the time, year after year and it is still solid; no issues at all with craftsmanship. Plays good too.

Eric

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't go wrong with a Capone. And as mentioned above, not
only is Mike a great cue builder, he's a great guy. Hard to go
wrong by buying a Merry Widow with rings in all places for
$850 with 2 shafts and jp's included. That's the price at DCC
anyway, has to be the same or similar if you order one imo.