Mike Dechaine DCC

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope he returns to playing full time. We need more high level American players participating. Would be nice to see Bergman return to the scene as well.

Is Corey Deuel at the Derby this year?
Realistically, the competition at the highest levels is being played at a degree where very few existing American players can make a living playing pool full time unless they have other income sources or are living somewhere at someone else's expense.

For Americans to get back on track we will need some homegrown folks who are schooled in the game from early teens or even earlier on sound, proven fundamentals where their pool game can escalate into almost flawless performances. That is where the Europeans and others are now, we are in catch- up mode. I wish that it were different.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Realistically, the competition at the highest levels is being played at a degree where very few existing American players can make a living playing pool full time unless they have other income sources or are living somewhere at someone else's expense.

For Americans to get back on track we will need some homegrown folks who are schooled in the game from early teens or even earlier on sound, proven fundamentals where their pool game can escalate into almost flawless performances. That is where the Europeans and others are now, we are in catch- up mode. I wish that it were different.
Very true and not likely to change much in the near future. Maybe the prize $$ going up will entice younger American player development. US is WAY behind in this area.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is true. Hopefully that will change, but those are the present facts.

I just meant that Dechaine and Bergman are probably #s 2 and 3 in terms of ability for US players and, when playing at their best, are a threat to win any tournament.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
How did I miss this!? I'll tighten up.

Hope he does well and keeps a good head on his shoulders.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here's the solution.

Dan Harriman's Cue Sports Prep Academy​

contact Justnum.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A huge noggin.

BigHead.jpg

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So why do you think we do so well in the Olympics even in sports where the athletes are not sponsored? Many of these athletes work and still win metals or are at least respected as a threat to win in the sports the compete in?

CanadianGuy

Mike is an uber talent, natural ability beyond most of the top pros, including guys like Gorst and Filler
and its not even close
guys like this exist, mostly in America but simply never put it all together for various reasons,
John Schmidt imo falls into this class also, lots more too

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike is an uber talent, natural ability beyond most of the top pros, including guys like Gorst and Filler
and its not even close
guys like this exist, mostly in America but simply never put it all together for various reasons,
John Schmidt imo falls into this class also, lots more too
What are you basing this on? I was with you until the "beyond gorst and filler, and its not even close"

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The bigger pool gets, the more foreign competition. It's inevitable really.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you basing this on? I was with you until the "beyond gorst and filler, and its not even close"
Yeah
He was close but not a true phenom like those 2.

I saw Mike win Turning Stone and before that he won a Ultimate 10 ball in 2011 and 2009 World Summit of pool. Not a terror, but a major factor.

If he'd been playing full time, grinding like SVB...he might have surpassed even him. We won't ever know.