Mike Dechaine is still a top 5 american player

thehoneybadger

noob
Silver Member
Screenshot_20201202-213030_Chrome.jpg

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're layin 2-1 even on MD?? Good luck with that.
Lol yeah as long as you bet cheap.... he talks all this but doesn’t have money to bet or else he doesn’t actually believe it.... one or the other.... I have already tried to post up, but he then goes into “ I have a family etc...etc...” which is fine. But quit talking gambling if you’re broke... no shame in that and really no shame in providing for your family... but believing mike d. Is a 2/1 favorite over Corey or styer is ridiculous

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take the players on team Euro vs the USA players EVERY day. I'm not anti America, im just a realist and if I'm gonna bet, I think everybody on euro crushes everybody but Shane and he's not a favorite.
Sadly you are 100% right... and it’s not really close... except for sky on the barbox, everybody on team USA “ probably “ needs the 8 from every player on the euro team ( excluding Shane of course)... not in races to 5, but longer races or ahead sets.... would anybody take a USA player getting the 8 playing “10 ahead” from filler or shaw? I don’t think any of our guys could get there and I think it’s gambling at best with the other 3 euros, just my opinion

thehoneybadger

noob
Silver Member
Lol yeah as long as you bet cheap.... he talks all this but doesn’t have money to bet or else he doesn’t actually believe it.... one or the other.... I have already tried to post up, but he then goes into “ I have a family etc...etc...” which is fine. But quit talking gambling if you’re broke... no shame in that and really no shame in providing for your family... but believing mike d. Is a 2/1 favorite over Corey or styer is ridiculous
1000 bucks is hardly a cheap bet (especially 2 to 1 on the money)...have you been to a pool room lately? Lucky to get a big match up of local short stops for 1k each...maybe you got that real $ tho 🥴 I didnt say I wouldn't bet I said I'd bet 1000 to your 500...just because I try to stay within my means doesnt mean I'm not confident in what I said. You have a real loser mentality to think someone should bet more to back their confidence, that or your purposely trying to get them to not match your bet like a real nit because you're not confident at all In making a real bet...i never said a 2 to 1 favorite either i said i would bet 2 to 1 on the money....🙄 I guess being willing to bet a grand on a pool match is "being broke" now

Last edited:

8intheside

despite having some bad rolls and the break not working as good as it could, Europe is just more talented than us and it’s showing.

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I completely agree Mike Dechaine should be on the team. SVB is the ONLY American with a Fargo of +800 (Skylar is almost there) while ALL of team Europe has Fargos of +800. In a long race winner break format literally any player on Team Europe would have to give some weight to any of the Americans, with the exception of SVB and possibly Skylar.

-To sum everything written below up-
Replace Deuel w/ Dechaine & Gray w/ Strickland and the whole rivalry drama hype Matchroom promotes would be WAY more entertaining and you'd still have quality pool.

Also (off topic but kinda relevant) the rivalries that Matchroom keeps trying to play off dont really suite the calm demeanors of a lot of the players. Shaw, Filler & Boyes seem like they're the type who would do well selling a narrative on Europes side but Thorpe (in my opinion) is the only American who has the personality to make it work. If you had Dechaine come to the team in place of Deuel, bonus points replacing the vice captain with Strickland, you can create the type of hyped up drama Matchroom is trying for, hell it would probably happen organically. The trash talking of the press conferences this year and last feel forced and awkward coming from players who are humble and reserved but fit with players who are arrogant or quick witted.

The game plan of trying to attract people with drama could work, come for the grudge match stay for the pool. I imagine the Shaw SVB exhange at this year's press conference would just look like a bully picking on someone with a disability to anyone unfamiliar with the two. Matchroom is trying to gain new fans and make pool more mainstream in America, and the strategy they're using could work with the right mix of players and personalities.

Also (final thing) the opportunity to promote the tournament in America during this pandemic was missed, there's tons of people who've watched Netflix and Hulu in its entirety and looking for something new to entertain them while quarantined at home. With the correct marketing you could've gained a lot of viewers (in a shady but effective way) who normally wouldnt watch pool and had high quality matches with entertainment value that would appeal to a much broader audience.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dechaine's won-loss record in singles (s) and doubles (d) -- let's ignore the Teams matches -- for the 4 years he was on the team:

2011 -- 1-1 s, 0-2 d, 1-3 total
2012 -- 0-2 s, 1-2 d, 1-4 total
2015 -- 0-1 s, 1-2 d, 1-3 total
2016 -- 0-2 s, 0-2 d, 0-4 total

4-Year Total -- 1-6 s, 2-8 d, 3-14 total

thehoneybadger

noob
Silver Member
Dechaine's won-loss record in singles (s) and doubles (d) -- let's ignore the Teams matches -- for the 4 years he was on the team:

2011 -- 1-1 s, 0-2 d, 1-3 total
2012 -- 0-2 s, 1-2 d, 1-4 total
2015 -- 0-1 s, 1-2 d, 1-3 total
2016 -- 0-2 s, 0-2 d, 0-4 total

4-Year Total -- 1-6 s, 2-8 d, 3-14 total
It's a good thing past matches don't dictate the outcome of future matches or none of us would keep competing from the time we were beginners would we?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to be rude, but you owed folks in the action room for a while due to health problems and wasn't able to pay up in timely manner, correct? (I hope your health is better now)

Maybe not betting money you can't afford to lose would be a good lesson to learn from the badger.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-To sum everything written below up-
Replace Deuel w/ Dechaine & Gray w/ Strickland and the whole rivalry drama hype Matchroom promotes would be WAY more entertaining and you'd still have quality pool.

i've been arguing for this a long time, plus hatch, harriman and schmidt in the other spots, but i'm usually dismissed as an undercover euro shill. which is partly true but most of all i like the idea of them living a week under the same roof

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Right at what point do we bring "north america" or people who reside in the usa into the fold? After we lose another 8 in a row? I realise we've won the last 2 BUT....if it gets 1 sided again and we arent putting our best out there or....I mean matchroom and the world want close matches and back and fourth....THIS European teams only competition is chinese Taipei or the Philippines....
If we did people who reside in the US, Europe would lose half their team and their best players...lol

Jaden

people act like Europe is superior to the US even though we won the last two years and it's a friggin race to 5. Name one top tourney that is a race to 5. Most of the lost matches so far this year have been hill hill.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kaci is probably the weakest link on the Europe's side but I still think he's better than all of the players on the USA side excluding Shane.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don´t normally want to say anything bad about players but Mike D is a big head full of... those kinda players don´t belong any team. Only total dick i meet when i visited U.S. He even hit my phone with his cue when i was streaming his and Makkonen´s game. Bad sport. No respect ever.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel that the best players should be on the team and Mike Dechaine is one of them. Its up to the Captain of the team to make sure they get along. SVB has been there 12 times (?) and he has a losing record at Mosconi Cup. I don't think SVB should decide who is on the team or not. If SVB won't play if Mike Dechaine is on the team then so be it. This just tells me SVB isn't a team player.