Monopoly money in the pot.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
monopoly.jpg
We had an idea last night, why not get a set or two of monopoly money and use it to bet among friends? We don't really want to gamble real money, but this could be a fun way to earn bragging rights and get some extra ribbing in. Maybe start out with a bankroll of $500. Once someone wins a certain amount, you could cash it in for prizes. I'm not sure what you would cash it in on, maybe $200 and your opponent has to play with the chalk wiped off his tip for a game, or play with a crooked house cue. We just thought it would be fun to see what kind of stuff the forum could come up with.

What kind of "prizes" or screw-overs could you buy for your friends with monopoly money?

boogieman

gee i cant believe everyone isnt doing ths. how fuggin exiting. but then again im not 12 years old anymore, too bad for me.
I guess it pays to be a child at heart. I'm not wanting to rob my friends, just something to add some drama. :ROFLMAO:

Use the money to buy a pocket. Then if they make a ball in your pocket they have to pay rent.😉
Good idea :)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
We had an idea last night, why not get a set or two of monopoly money and use it to bet among friends? We don't really want to gamble real money, but this could be a fun way to earn bragging rights and get some extra ribbing in. Maybe start out with a bankroll of $500. Once someone wins a certain amount, you could cash it in for prizes. I'm not sure what you would cash it in on, maybe $200 and your opponent has to play with the chalk wiped off his tip for a game, or play with a crooked house cue. We just thought it would be fun to see what kind of stuff the forum could come up with.

What kind of "prizes" or screw-overs could you buy for your friends with monopoly money?

Sounds like a way to make your own fun. You could buy any other play money too. Just another way of keeping score. I never gambled cash with my friends, never played for more than a beer. I was the only one dedicated to pool so robbing them would have been silly.

I don't remember the exact date of the great match-up for a thousand jelly beans. WillieBetMore and Break-up I believe, The woofing went on for six months, finally two thousand jellybeans on the light complete with pictures! The battle was fierce and when it was over Willie won! Just when the rest of us thought sanity had returned to the forum, Willie opened the bag and counted jelly beans. It was about thirty short! Razzing was mighty!

Truth was they were both very funny and the whole board got a kick out of them building up to the great match played for real jelly beans.

Hu

middleofnowhere

Registered

You can also use poker chips. I put on a ring game tournament years ago with chips. Much the way they play poker tournaments. I had 4 players to a table playing 5 and 9 9ball.

You had to bust the table to win. We raised the bet every 2 hours till we had the 4 winners. Day two they played on one table till we had a winner.

The final took 18 hours. At one point one player was down to his last few chips before making a comeback to win the whole thing. I gave a significant cash payout to the winner with money going to the other final three players.

Most fun tournament I ever put on. Saturday night (day one) we were running out of beer. I could not get a special delivery for Sunday.

I sent some on my regulars to the publix and they almost bought out the beer they had in stock. I made so much money on this thing I doubled the prize fund. They had earned it playing an 18 hour final.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have hosted many pool nights using chips as currency. Monopoly money would work as well but seems even less real than chips. Everyone buys in for $X then distribute chips and let the gambling begin. I usually have to help the “loose” money get loose but before it’s over, dice are being thrown, coins are being flipped and side money is flowing. It’s a great way for friends to gamble and stay friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

boogieman

I have hosted many pool nights using chips as currency. Monopoly money would work as well but seems even less real than chips. Everyone buys in for $X then distribute chips and let the gambling begin. I usually have to help the “loose” money get loose but before it’s over, dice are being thrown, coins are being flipped and side money is flowing. It’s a great way for friends to gamble and stay friendly.

Might be more fun with chips. I think I have some floating in my closet somewhere, might be still in a moving box from 4 years ago.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of fun could be had with that if you added value. Like $1 =1 cent, $5 = nickel, $10 = dime, et cetera.
Be sure & find a friendly notary to stamp each bill so all other bills in town won't show up!

PoodlePuncher

Registered
Get a few stacks of "movie money", to use when playing in a public place...
let the onlookers Gawk as you throw down thousands of dollars on matches with your friends.

Movie Money

--EDIT--
get denominations large enough that someone doesn't accidentally try to spend it 😬

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lots of fun could be had with that if you added value. Like $1 =1 cent, $5 = nickel, $10 = dime, et cetera.
Be sure & find a friendly notary to stamp each bill so all other bills in town won't show up!

That’s how my chip nights worked. $10 gets you $500 in chips. Gamble away! Cash in at the end of the night.

Flowerbomb

I like that! Keeps it competitve but in a fun, light-hearted way! 😀