Monster cues?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Loan me a Gus. :)
I will send it back.
I promise.

FWIW, it hits better than a Predator 4-point Sneaky Pete I had and a Merry Widow that Richard Black made custom for me. Names and prices do not necessarily mean a cue hits better than a lesser name or cheaper cue.
Again, it hits the best ever.
We get it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This subject of Hit is alway like a train derailment. It is like guy sitting around arguing, or discussing the Best Cigars.

Unless some one has a device to accurately just Hit, like would would determine Speed with a Radar Enfircement Measuring Tool.

Hit imho is personal preference, or picking what one like best off say the Cheesecake Factory Menu, so many choices, from so many ethnic groups.

My question about Cheesecake Factory is what do they do consistently well. Nothing IMHO, and their Cheesecake is as 🐕‍🦺💩, having had Cheesecake in NYC.🤔

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude, quit comparing your jackpot to my cue. We get it. Yours hits the best.
Compare it to $20,000 Gus.
That would be more impressive.
I have lots of $20k Gus’s. Some okay great some are ok. They are all a little different. Point is price and hit have ZERO to do with each other. Unless you go below $300-$400.

I’ve hit balls with almost 6 figure cues(owned plenty of those-some hit like shit, they are art, not really cues) .

Price is what something costs. Nothing else.
Best
Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This subject of Hit is alway like a train derailment. It is like guy sitting around arguing, or discussing the Best Cigars.

Unless some one has a device to accurately just Hit, like would would determine Speed with a Radar Enfircement Measuring Tool.

Hit imho is personal preference, or picking what one like best off say the Cheesecake Factory Menu, so many choices, from so many ethnic groups.

My question about Cheesecake Factory is what do they do consistently well. Nothing IMHO, and their Cheesecake is as 🐕‍🦺💩, having had Cheesecake in NYC.🤔
When was the last time you were in NYC? Good there has slipped a good bit over the last 10-15 years.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
When was the last time you were in NYC? Good there has slipped a good bit over the last 10-15 years.

Been long time but we use to have Jewish Deli that Air Expressed NYC Cheesecake to AZ.

Then you got Canters or is it Kanters Deli in West LA, that does Cheesecake great.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been long time but we use to have Jewish Deli that Air Expressed NYC Cheesecake to AZ.

Then you got Canters or is it Kanters Deli in West LA, that does Cheesecake great.
The deli’s in NYC are dropping like flys sadly. Same in LA.

Canters on Fairfax is in the middle of the hood now. It’s going to be Canters Chicken & Waffles soon enough. Food there is horrible now.

all the Jerry’s delis closed up

Factors on Pico is still pretty good. Greenblats on Sunset BL was ok(portions god smaller) just before corona-since then I’m not sure what’s going on.

For the most part the food in la in the last 10 years has fell off real bad. Especially fine dining-all frozen prepared garbage food for $150/person. Sad state of affairs.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ain’t from NYC, but I can make a mean NYC Classic Cheesecake.

A6ACAFF0-DF65-47BC-8E06-C8F8A5103D2F.jpeg

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The deli’s in NYC are dropping like flys sadly. Same in LA.

Canters on Fairfax is in the middle of the hood now. It’s going to be Canters Chicken & Waffles soon enough. Food there is horrible now.

all the Jerry’s delis closed up

Factors on Pico is still pretty good. Greenblats on Sunset BL was ok(portions god smaller) just before corona-since then I’m not sure what’s going on.

For the most part the food in la in the last 10 years has fell off real bad. Especially fine dining-all frozen prepared garbage food for $150/person. Sad state of affairs.

Problem is young people do not love old school food.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Problem is young people do not love old school food.
The delis dropping like flys is a cultural shift-you are correct.

the quality of food is cost cutting measures as it’s cheaper to buy pre-made food and reheat it than hire prep cooks and actually make food. Basically restaurants are TV dinners now.

both things suck

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
I have lots of $20k Gus’s. Some okay great some are ok. They are all a little different. Point is price and hit have ZERO to do with each other. Unless you go below $300-$400.

I’ve hit balls with almost 6 figure cues(owned plenty of those-some hit like shit, they are art, not really cues) .

Price is what something costs. Nothing else.
Best
Fatboy
Thanks. I really did not know that .
I thought 20K cues hit better than $400 sneakies or $1000 no-pointers .
I thought all those inlays would make cues resonate much better than no inlays .

Damn, I gotta learn more about these cue thingies .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The delis dropping like flys is a cultural shift-you are correct.

the quality of food is cost cutting measures as it’s cheaper to buy pre-made food and reheat it than hire prep cooks and actually make food. Basically restaurants are TV dinners now.

both things suck

Well I do not like most chain restaurants, as it is pricy fast food.

Thank goodness there are still mom & pop place that actually cook from scratch.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that you'll see this, because I can now see you're "ignoring me", but I'm not quite sure what this post proves? So you took a cue you're claiming to be a Jackpot (That Jack admitted he had nothing to do with), had Vigus core it with another wood so it plays better, and this makes you right how? All this proves is you don't know a single thing about what you're talking about.

Also I see you're back to your old game of "when someone criticizes you, 'they don't play this game'." Care to show proof that any of the people you claim don't play don't?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Not that you'll see this, because I can now see you're "ignoring me", but I'm not quite sure what this post proves? So you took a cue you're claiming to be a Jackpot (That Jack admitted he had nothing to do with), had Vigus core it with another wood so it plays better, and this makes you right how? All this proves is you don't know a single thing about what you're talking about.

Also I see you're back to your old game of "when someone criticizes you, 'they don't play this game'." Care to show proof that any of the people you claim don't play don't?
All burls are cored . You wanna add weight, use purpleheart .
It is not a well-guarded secret .

But, this Jackpot hits the best ever .

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All burls are cored . You wanna add weight, use purpleheart .
It is not a well-guarded secret .

But, this Jackpot hits the best ever .
Oh I know Joey, I didn't mean it like that. I mean he has the Tropic Thunder of cues. He's shooting with a cue that was made by a dude, playing a dude, dressed like another dude.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues don’t need to be fancy or expensive to play well.

Bert Schrager from an old article in 1986.

A basic Schrager goes for $265. The most expensive cue Schrager ever made sold for $7,500. It didn’t turn the owner into Minnesota Fats. “When you go up in price,” Schrager said, “you’re customizing the looks, the gingerbread.” Which means intricate 14K gold and ivory inlays, all painstakingly fitted into the cue’s birds-eye maple butts.

“Every piece of wood is different, even if it’s cut from the same board, just like kids in the same family will be different. Every once in a while I luck out and make a super cue that literally plays by itself. It’s not the jointing or the adhesive procedure that will do that--it’s the actual piece of wood.”

He makes the cue shafts from Canadian maple and provides the buyer with two. Even though the shafts will be identical in size, weight and balance, he said, “One will be favored because it feels better.”