Mood Change On How Your Playing?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
At dinner tonight my wife says to me, "You're playing good for the last few days, right?" I asked how she knew that?

" I'm married to you for almost 50 years and your mood changes depending how good you're playing. If I want you to do something or I want to buy some big ticket item, I wait till you're playing well. If you're not playing well I wait to ask."

Anyone else have mood changes depending how your playing. Johnnyt

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Yes, same thing exactly. My wife competes in a sport as well, and we can both tell how things are going just by each other's mood.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I try not to let it carry outside of the pool hall, but I can definitely get pissy if I'm playing bad.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I'm pretty good at leaving things where they were, good or bad, same as I try and not bring certain attitudes to another activity.

So I get the contrary at home where she claims not to be able to tell how I did.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say that my mood (depending on all things going on at the time) affects my play substantially more than my level of play (one of a variety of constantly changing factors) affects my mood.

How often one is able to play, and whether they depend wholly or in part on pool for income, would change the level of affectation is my guess.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I play Thursday nights, finishing pretty late. If I play really badly, it ruins my mood for the rest of the night until I go to bed, which is usually about 45 minutes. If I play really well, it puts me in a really good mood that usually lasts all day Friday.

You wouldn't know it to watch me play though. Watching me play you'd observe that I don't handle unforced errors or losses in games/matches where I had my chances to win very well at all, and that I don't react at all to my really good shots, outs, or wins. The good mood doesn't really come out until the drive home, usually.

-Andrew

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My level of play does not affect my mood much either way. Even if I lose I know its my fault for not playing better so I would rather put the energy into more practice. I am still relatively new to the game and that may change over time. I know when I was racing, in the beginning if I lost I would be pissy for a day, when I won I would be happy till the next weekend. After about 10 years of racing it was totally opposite, win and you are happy for 1 day, lose and you are pissy the whole week.:angry:

Pse217

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say that my mood (depending on all things going on at the time) affects my play substantially more than my level of play (one of a variety of constantly changing factors) affects my mood.

How often one is able to play, and whether they depend wholly or in part on pool for income, would change the level of affectation is my guess.

I agree with this completely. When I go through a slump, it's always when I have other stuff on my mind. When my life outside of pool is good, I play significantly better