Moori V Tips

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new Moori V tips... any opinions on them? I ordered a couple to try out. They are described as not having a hardness rating but are actually between a medium and hard. Anybody tried them yet?

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did they find the old formula?

The V has only 4 layers. I thought they sounded interesting. I always believed layered tips shouldn't have so many layers. My reasoning is less layers, less glue. I also ordered a couple of Hirano medium 4 layered tips. I'll write a review on them and the Moori tips later.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I have Moori III Soft and would be hard-pressed to change. I love them! Would like to try the new ones but not sold on them yet and havent tried them.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i tried one....the tip is harder than a moori III medium, maybe more like a moori quick. despite the hardness, the tip did mushroom some after the first few days. after a trim, it didn't mushroom anymore. tip feels pretty good, i like the thicker layers of leather. one problem with the tip though is that it is pretty thin. i put it on a 12mm carom cue and it was already on the thin side, so putting in on a 13mm shaft would thin it even more. if you are looking for less layers/thicker layers type tip, i like the hirano better. a bit taller and thicker layers, plays great.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
The V has only 4 layers. I thought they sounded interesting. I always believed layered tips shouldn't have so many layers. My reasoning is less layers, less glue. I also ordered a couple of Hirano medium 4 layered tips. I'll write a review on them and the Moori tips later.

Charlie, what I have found is that the less layers a tip has the harder they are. Most of the cheaper layered tips coming out of Asia have between 4 and 6 layers, and the layers are thick.

The closest tip to a Morri I have seen to date is the Wizzard Tip, these tips have the same number of layers that are used in the Moori, and they machine just like a Moori, and I have never seen one delaminate.

I don't think the numbers of layers is as important as the process used to press them, and the adhesives used. The formula Moori was using was unique to their tips, and no body else came close until the Wizzard Tips came along.

I hope the New Moori Tips are not a step in the wrong direction.

JIMO

Last edited: