Mosconi 526 Stop the Steal

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Just fishing! You seem to be hooked on Bob Jewett. No desert, necessary.
Actually, I never met Bob. And only know him (of him) through the internet. His video is available for your independent review.

For this specific issue, you asked for proof of his playing, and I provided it. Also, you appear to have missed the cliché "proof is in the pudding" I'll expound for the sake of clarity: you insinuated that Bob could not play play 14.1 and asked for a demonstration (i.e., "proof"). I then provided a link to his 14.1 match against the [multi-time champion] SVB. I provided this to address your apparent lack of knowledge that Bob played straight pool. This served as my reference to "pudding" (i.e., "the proof [demonstration] is pudding [video]"). To be clear, I was not actually suggesting that you, or I, or anyone for that matter, has desert (or any manner of pastry as a substitute). Although, that does sound quite nice with coffee.

That said, you are quite adept at avoiding any valid counterpoint to your statements. Carry on.

-td

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, I never met Bob. And only know him (of him) through the internet. His video is available for your independent review.

For this specific issue, you asked for proof of his playing, and I provided it. Also, you appear to have missed the cliché "proof is in the pudding" I'll expound for the sake of clarity: you insinuated that Bob could not play play 14.1 and asked for a demonstration (i.e., "proof"). I then provided a link to his 14.1 match against the [multi-time champion] SVB. I provided this to address your apparent lack of knowledge that Bob played straight pool. This served as my reference to "pudding" (i.e., "the proof [demonstration] is pudding [video]"). To be clear, I was not actually suggesting that you, or I, or anyone for that matter, has desert (or any manner of pastry as a substitute). Although, that does sound quite nice with coffee.

That said, you are quite adept at avoiding any valid counterpoint to your statements. Carry on.

-td
Mmmm. xDo-NUTZx

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks like xSomeonex needs some relief:

powder.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There aren’t that many legends of the game who care to help pad js’s wallet anymore than he has helped them in their quest to pad their own wallets. They all paid their dues thru the years and choose not to give their opinions for free admission, same as js keeping a tight grasp on the video. You might get a humble grin or two if you used the right approach to seek their responses while they remain anonymous. Just saying....
Make up your mind.

Choosing to withhold when profit is believed possible is ok or not?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, jack leg, it is you who presume a lot! I, personally asked for nothing from big-headed(blown out of proportion by others) bob. I, personally, insinuated nothing about Bob. I, only said that his knowledge of pool doesn’t surpass the totality of OTHERS’ pool knowledge as you alleged. Get it straight, Jackie. Take a break with your coffee and pastries.
Nobody but you said anything about bob's knowledge being greater than any group's.

The context was whether he is qualified to evaluate a run.

Your jealousy clouds your perception. So rabidly you don't even see the double standards in your posts.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read whatever you want to read into ur rages bellyacher, continue to harass mwah, when ur posts refer to ur own shortcomings and jealousies. I don’t care what you think about double standards. You stand tall in dishing shit unto others but expect no recourse. Piss off schizo.
Your lack of substance pertaining to the discussion at hand remains a big zero.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You freely heap a lot of accolades on 1(one) individual’s supposed knowledge. Get him to demonstrate it, on any pool table, instead of just writing about it, for the rest of the membership here, that you so freely denigrate their knowledge of the games.
so this wasn't a question about Bob's playing ability?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny! U’ve been fooled many times before, like someone approved u as a pbia instructor.
ur easy, a wasted cause for yo momma. Maybe u could use hastytj’s grandma. She knows how ur’s feels.

Such an interesting parlance for someone who professes to be a member of the greatest generation.

But we all know that isn't the case now don't we, uno.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So he doen't like straight pool just like you don't care for 9 ball.

Who cares?

I was just alluding to my earlier point that it would be unlikely for two guys that don't play much 14.1 to sit through a lengthy run with rapt attention.

However, I will confess to having played some 9ball lately. There's a guy at my pool hall that knows I don't play it so he picks on me for some cheap sets.

Lou Figueroa

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where the hell is Granny?
You know drunkards, bags and nuts don’t get together. Toodles

Now there you go again using the wrong account.

Have you not been getting your sleep lately??? You were very confused last time you weren't sleeping.

That post was directed toward your other account.

Please keep up.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just alluding to my earlier point that it would be unlikely for two guys that don't play much 14.1 to sit through a lengthy run with rapt attention.

However, I will confess to having played some 9ball lately. There's a guy at my pool hall that knows I don't play it so he picks on me for some cheap sets.

Lou Figueroa

On the other hand, the fellas you mentioned that have the "proper" credentials are so old they might not stay awake for the whole thing.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Fair enough.

Glad to see you trying another game.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, legit question: What does the ability to run multiple racks have to do with determining a legit run on video?

Honestly, my high run is 28 (so an honest member of the can't run more than 2 racks club) and I am interested what value added a hall of famer would be compared to me watching a tape.

I'm not trying to be snarky, just born that a way.
It doesn’t ... No one here can run 100 balls daily let alone 200 so that would mean no one on this forum is qualified to say the video is legit. Which is just silly.