Mosconi Cup 2021 Day 3 Updates

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T minus 30 Minutes till first Rack! This is a nerve racking schedule! It's not hard to envision a 3-3 day or maybe a 4-2 type day for the US...but I can just as easily envision a 5-1 or 6-0 win for the Euros. I would take a 3-3 day right now and be happy with it!

SINGLES

Jayson Shaw
-
Chris Reinhold
Cannot be the same player as Match 6 and 8

DOUBLES​

Jayson Shaw & Joshua Filler
-
Skyler Woodward & Tyler Styer

SINGLES​

Eklent Kaçi
-
Shane Van Boening

DOUBLES​

Albin Ouschan & David Alcaide
-
Shane Van Boening & Tyler Styer

SINGLES​

David Alcaide
-
Jeremy Jones

DOUBLES​

Fans' Choice Doubles match (public poll)

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really get the fan's choice thing. First of all, I follow this stuff pretty closely and I don't see these polls. I went and looked and they're on the matchroompool.com site, kind of buried in the Mosconi Cup section.

Second, they're these dumb internet polls where it looks like you can vote as many times as you want.

Finally, what happens if the supporters of one team overwhelm the poll and pick the worst choices on the other team? I could easily see it happening, the way these polls are set up. Will Matchroom put up Jeremy and Chris if they get picked as the "fan's choice?"

I just assume that no matter what these polls say, Matchroom will put up Sky & Shane vs. Shaw & Filler.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GO Team USA!!
🇺🇸
🇺🇸
🇺🇸
🇺🇸

Go JJ, Shane, Sky, Tyler and Chris!!!!!!

IboFnBu.gif

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Before the cup started, the "smart money" said the USA didn't have a prayer. Yet here we are.

GO USA!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before the cup started, the "smart money" said the USA didn't have a prayer. Yet here we are.

GO USA!
Lotta stuff happens when the group gets closer to the finish line...don't print those tshirts just yet!

USA! USA! USA!

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a pretty grim lineup for the USA today. Splitting 3-3 would be a victory.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Chris will be the reason why USA may loose, I'm not picking on the guy but he doesn't have a killer in his eyes. No confidence nor thrive. Just looks scared...

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really get the fan's choice thing. First of all, I follow this stuff pretty closely and I don't see these polls. I went and looked and they're on the matchroompool.com site, kind of buried in the Mosconi Cup section.

Second, they're these dumb internet polls where it looks like you can vote as many times as you want.

Finally, what happens if the supporters of one team overwhelm the poll and pick the worst choices on the other team? I could easily see it happening, the way these polls are set up. Will Matchroom put up Jeremy and Chris if they get picked as the "fan's choice?"

I just assume that no matter what these polls say, Matchroom will put up Sky & Shane vs. Shaw & Filler.
When you consider there is gambling on the event in Europe that is a distinct possibility. I also notice some sharking in the audience every year. Makes you wonder if the organizers have their thumb on the scale.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris scrambles and gets out of shape a couple times, but hits a good safety and pulls out the rack .

2-1 Shaw

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris kicked in a ball, then banked in the next one, and then misses the long-ish shot on the next ball to give Shaw the rack to clean up. Ugh.

bmeek

Registered
Chris is having a rough match here, terrible shape on the 3 and then a bad bank off Shaw's missed safety

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t remember Shaw missing a ball he shot at so far the first 3 days.
I don’t want to be too critical about Reinhold, but his performance isn’t very surprising to me but it’s great he’s getting the seasoning.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Chris kicked in a ball, then banked in the next one, and then misses the long-ish shot on the next ball to give Shaw the rack to clean up. Ugh.
I knew he was going to miss that 3-ball, it isn't a bank where you wack at it. It requires good fundamentals. Also, I said to my daughter that he was going to miss that 3-ball, he went down on the shot very quickly and didn't do his pre-shot routine. It was obvious that he's going to miss that shot to me.

VVP

Registered
Maybe Europe was betting that the USA might go with Shane, Tyler or Sky first that's why they put up Jason Shaw. Shane is going to take out Kaci so a wash is still in USA favor.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris played very brave and was fighting hard.
But this game showed the difference between a very good player and a world class player.
Shaw punished every mistake.