MOSCONI CUP 2023 AZB Watch Party / Master Thread

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
1701968891054.png

Thought I would start a thread here for those of us who want to watch and chat about the action, or follow the results. I’ll try to keep the match scores updated here in the top post in real time.

Give this a Like if you plan to follow closely — and don’t open this thread if you plan to watch later and don’t want spoilers.

How to stream live if you’re in the US:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/mosconi-cup-2023-azb-watch-party.559591/post-7690357
Outside the US, see "Where to Watch" info at https://matchroompool.com/mosconi-cup/

Each day's coverage starts at 1:30 PM Eastern US time (6:30 PM London time)

Match Scores
Current Score:
🇺🇸 USA 3 - 🇪🇺EUROPE 11 (race to 11)

Day 1
-
Wednesday, December 6

🇺🇸USA 🇪🇺Europe Score (USA first)
SVB (dogged easy 9 ball after flawless run)Shaw0-1
WoodwardFSR (bad scratch on 6)1-0
StyerFiller (safety scratch)1-0
GorstOuschan (9 on break)0-1
Wolford (dogged an easy 7 after a nice run with much tougher shots)Alcaide0-1
SVB (dogged an easy 7 with another slow roll after getting too straight on it)Shaw0-1
WoodwardFSR1-0
StyerFiller (bad scratch on 2)1-0
Gorst (lost safety battle on the 3)Ouschan0-1
Total for Team Match4-5
SVB/StyerShaw/Ouschan2-5
WoodwardFiller (not as close as the score indicates 🤣)0-5
Wolford/GorstFSR/Alcaide3-5
DAY 1 TOTAL MATCH SCORE - FINAL0-4

Day 2 - Thursday, December 7 - 5 races to 5

🇺🇸 USA🇪🇺 EuropeScore (USA first)
GorstFiller2-5
GorstFSR4-5
Gorst/SVBFiller/FSR5-4
StyerOuschan0-5
DAY 2 TOTAL MATCH SCORE - FINAL1-3

Day 3 - Friday, December 8
🇺🇸USA🇪🇺EuropeScore (USA first)
Woodward/WolfordShaw/Alcaide2-5
WoodwardShaw1-5
Woodward/GorstShaw/FSR5-3
DAY 3 TOTAL MATCH SCORE - FINAL1-2

Day 4 - Saturday, December 9
🇺🇸USA🇪🇺EuropeScore (USA first)
SVBFiller5-2
Woodward/StyerFiller/Ouschan3-5
WolfordAlcaide4-5
DAY 4 TOTAL MATCH SCORE1-2

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thought I would start a thread here for those of us who want to watch and chat about the action, or follow the results. We’re down to T-minus 2.5 hours!

Give this a Like if you plan to follow closely — and don’t open this thread if you plan to watch later and don’t want spoilers.
I’m sure it’s already been said, but I’m in Ireland for a couple of days until I get to London. Can I watch on SkySport or something?

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do we stream this in the US? I looked on Matchroom live and they have nothing listed. I don’t want to pay first and be disappointed.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where do we stream this in the US? I looked on Matchroom live and they have nothing listed. I don’t want to pay first and be disappointed.
I downloaded the DAZN app on my iPhone. From the app, I created an account with my name, email, and password, then paid for a 1-month subscription for $24.95 through my iTunes account (like you use on all iOS apps). The verbiage after paying said I could cancel any time before Jan 6, 2024.

All the devices that DAZN runs on are listed at https://www.dazn.com/en-US/help/articles/what-are-dazn-supported-devices.

I plan to watch it on my Sony smart TV while I’m at home, and watch on my phone when I’m not.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I would start a thread here for those of us who want to watch and chat about the action, or follow the results. We’re down to T-minus 1 hour!

I’ll try to keep the match scores updated here in the top post.

Match Scores

Day 1

coming soon
I’m hoping to stay away from the forum this afternoon/evening and watch the matches when they come up on YouTube, generally a couple hours delayed from when they’ve been played. It’s more exciting to watch the matches if you don’t know the outcome!

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I downloaded the DAZN app on my iPhone and plan to cast it to my Sony TV (Google smart TV) while I’m at home, and watch on my phone when I’m not.

From the app, I created an account with my name, email, and password, then paid for a 1-month subscription for $24.95 through my iTunes account (like you use on all iOS apps). The verbiage after paying said I could cancel any time before Jan 6, 2024.

All the devices that DAZN runs on are listed at https://www.dazn.com/en-US/help/articles/what-are-dazn-supported-devices. Unfortunately, Google TVs like Sony are not directly supported with an app on that platform, which is weird of DAZN to not have, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
My Sony smart TV has the app on it, might check that out on yours.

Also, keep a look out for email deals bow that you canceled your DAZN sub, they sent me 2 months for the price of one when I immediately canceled mine last month.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m hoping to stay away from the forum this afternoon/evening and watch the matches when they come up on YouTube, generally a couple hours delayed from when they’ve been played. It’s more exciting to watch the matches if you don’t know the outcome!

Just a reminder you probably won't get to see every match if you do this.

Last year they only uploaded some of the full matches. They started uploading the rest of them over the past couple of weeks.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member

Also, keep a look out for email deals bow that you canceled your DAZN sub, they sent me 2 months for the price of one when I immediately canceled mine last month.
THANK YOU! I searched the "app store" on the TV for "DAZN" and nothing came up. So after your comment, I browsed the Sports category of the app store and found it easily. Much better than having to cast it!

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is https://mosconicup.net/? It looks like it's a page put up by 10sports.live, meaning it's not made available by Matchroom. On one hand having third parties help with resources is honorable but on the other hand people getting comfortable with non-Matchroom sources for streaming information is what makes it easier for bad actors to get marks take the bite on their scam links. And I get saying you need to watch on DAZN in the US and mentioning

This is from the official Matchroom website.
1701885850855.png

Meanwhile that https://mosconicup.net/ says all kinds of weird things like you can see it on Matchroom.Live in the UK. That ESPN is making it available on streaming services. All kinds of weird stuff that I'm skeptical is true.

Last edited:

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just a reminder you probably won't get to see every match if you do this.

Last year they only uploaded some of the full matches. They started uploading the rest of them over the past couple of weeks.
Yeah, I really don't like the way Matchroom frequently posts only edited/shortened matches to YouTube. For being so progressive otherwise, that one's a head-scratcher.
What is https://mosconicup.net/? It looks like it's a page put up by 10sports.live, meaning it's not made available by Matchroom. On one hand having third parties help with resources is honorable but on the other hand people getting comfortable with non-Matchroom streaming sources is what makes it easier for bad actors to get marks take the bite on their scam links. And I get saying you need to watch on DAZN in the US and mentioning

This is from the official Matchroom website.
View attachment 731307

Meanwhile that https://mosconicup.net/ says all kinds of weird things like you can see it on Matchroom.Live in the UK. That ESPN is making it available on streaming services. All kinds of weird stuff that I'm skeptical is true.
Thanks, updating my first post with that info instead.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Definitely cancel your subscription as soon as you get it. You'll still be allowed to watch anything that's still up for the next 30 days. because the cancellation doesn't take effect for 30 days.

Whatever you do, DON'T wait to cancel it. It may take a few hours before you'll be allowed to, but cancel it by the end of today.

I didn't do this once, and I learned the hard way that DAZN is sneaky as hell.