Mosconi Cup cues

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any resource that lists the cues of each Mosconi cup member? I don't know enough about cues to know what it is just by looking at them. Obviously everyone knows about shane and cuetec, but some of the euros had some cool looking wrapless cues...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any resource that lists the cues of each Mosconi cup member? I don't know enough about cues to know what it is just by looking at them. Obviously everyone knows about shane and cuetec, but some of the euros had some cool looking wrapless cues...
Filler is a Predator staff guy. Not sure which model but he does use the Revo shaft. Soquet uses Universal which is made in same factory as Lucasi. Alcaide i believe is a Longoni staff player. Shaw uses Meucci. Not sure about VDB. Predator iirc.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues..............

SVB- Cuetec, Thorpe-Molinari(Revo), Oscar-Mezz, Hatch-Joss,Sky-Meucci

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is a Predator staff guy. Not sure which model but he does use the Revo shaft. Soquet uses Universal which is made in same factory as Lucasi. Alcaide i believe is a Longoni staff player. Shaw uses Meucci. Not sure about VDB. Predator iirc.

I actually play with Universal shafts and I didn't know about Lucasi. Did they buy the rights from Bill Stroud?

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I actually play with Universal shafts and I didn't know about Lucasi. Did they buy the rights from Bill Stroud?

The Universal name didn’t belong to Bill. He made the Universal Smart Shaft. Universal cues was a different animal altogether. Hamson International, formerly Taican Woodworking, makes all the cues for Predator, Lucasi, Universal, Adam, Dufferin, Players, Buffalo, and a few other lines. I have two of the Dufferin limited professional series cues, and they are absolutely beautiful cues.

Here’s the list of cues and players as I saw them:

Dennis Hatch - Meucci Shaw series
Shane - Cuetec 99272 with extension
Skyler - Meucci SW series
Oscar - possibly an Exceed - not sure
Thorpe - Revo shaft, unknown butt

Filler - Predator Ikon 3-4, 12.4 Revo
Souquet - Universal
Alcaide - Longoni Black Mamba
Shaw - Meucci Shaw series
Van Den Burg - Buffalo

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hatch uses a Meucci, in fact, it’s the exact same cue as Shaw plays with.

Hatch was breaking with a Special Edition Becue Dark Matter break cue.

Attachments

• 416A0006.jpg
    416A0006.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 532

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Universal name didn’t belong to Bill. He made the Universal Smart Shaft. Universal cues was a different animal altogether. Hamson International, formerly Taican Woodworking, makes all the cues for Predator, Lucasi, Universal, Adam, Dufferin, Players, Buffalo, and a few other lines. I have two of the Dufferin limited professional series cues, and they are absolutely beautiful cues.

Here’s the list of cues and players as I saw them:

Dennis Hatch - Meucci Shaw series
Shane - Cuetec 99272 with extension
Skyler - Meucci SW series
Oscar - possibly an Exceed - not sure
Thorpe - Revo shaft, unknown butt

Filler - Predator Ikon 3-4, 12.4 Revo
Souquet - Universal
Alcaide - Longoni Black Mamba
Shaw - Meucci Shaw series
Van Den Burg - Buffalo

Thanks, guys.
So do we know if anyone is making a similar shaft to what was the Universal shaft?

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Nevermind, answered my next question.
Thanks, Shawn.

They’re still kicking around here and there. There are some really neat things about some of the Universal and Dufferin cues made pre 2014-2015. Most notably, the weight bolt system and extension that went with them. They fit into another cue made by the same company, but don’t require special tools, or cost in excess of $100....

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scroll to the bottom. “Hamson International Ltd”. Copyright 2011-2016. They extincted the product line at the beginning of this year. Same with the Dufferin professional series.

The Universal product line is available in the US from my friend Mike Hoang aka Omega Billiards.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Special Becue Dark Matter break cue and Dennis Hatch

Hatch was breaking with a Special Edition Becue Dark Matter break cue.

Also a Note on Breaking - Dennis with the Special Becue Dark Matter break cue had the Best braking percentage of all players!

Successful breaks (made at least one ball and did not foul):
Van Boening -- 10 of 13 (77%)
Hatch -- 14 of 15 (93%)
Woodward -- 6 of 9 (67%)
Dominguez -- 8 of 9 (89%)
Thorpe -- 8 of 11 (73%)
Team USA Total -- 46 of 57 (81%)

Souquet -- 10 of 11 (91%)
Van den Berg -- 9 of 10 (90%)
Alcaide -- 9 of 10 (90%)
Shaw -- 8 of 13 (62%)
Filler -- 11 of 14 (79%)
Team Europe Total -- 47 of 58 (81%)

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dark Matterr & Special Edition Dark Matter

[Here is a picture of Dennis Hatch with the Special Edition Dark Matter and the standard Dark Matter Becue Break Cues.

416A0474.jpg

Last edited: