Mosconi Cup Day Two

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Billy's throwing the kitchen sink at Shaw, but Shaw's kick in of the six after a superb safety by Thorpe in Rack 5 gives Jayson a 3-2 lead. He's very tough to beat right now!

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wasn't obvious to the person who posted Shane was 😁 hope you're doing good
I posted that he might be, not that he definitely was. I’m not sure how it’s obvious without any tournaments being played.

Attachments

• 2D1580C4-1A54-4F04-AE9F-1E7967A8F14C.png
    2D1580C4-1A54-4F04-AE9F-1E7967A8F14C.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 83

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I posted that he might be, not that he definitely was. I’m not sure how it’s obvious without any tournaments being played.
It's simple, as Shane hasn't won over a deep internationally diverse field in a few years now. Filler, on the other hand, has won the WPA World 9-ball championship, the US Open 9-ball, the China Open, and has also been Mosconi MVP in that same period.

Greatness is measure in titles, not in Fargo.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outclassed today.... and out-rolled too. Majority of rolls went against USA.

Hard to beat a Euro team that strong without getting a few rolls here and there.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Outclassed today.... and out-rolled too. Majority of rolls went against USA.

Hard to beat a Euro team that strong without getting a few rolls here and there.
Yeah, it looks to me like Team USA has a serious discipline problem. Until that is addressed, I wouldn't expect much more than what we've already seen - unfortunately.

Scrunge19

Registered
I posted this in the other mosconi thread but I think it’s so disrespectful for some of the guys to be screwing around on their phone while their teammates are still shooting. Saw some of the Euro guys doing it yesterday and they just showed Shane not fist bumping billy after his win cause he was on his phone. I know you’re mad you lost the previous doubles match and things look grim, but you still gotta support your teammate. Team USA likes to talk about how they’re more of a team than Europe, but that’s not what teams do.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted this in the other mosconi thread but I think it’s so disrespectful for some of the guys to be screwing around on their phone while their teammates are still shooting. Saw some of the Euro guys doing it yesterday and they just showed Shane not fist bumping billy after his win cause he was on his phone. I know you’re mad you lost the previous doubles match and things look grim, but you still gotta support your teammate. Team USA likes to talk about how they’re more of a team than Europe, but that’s not what teams do.
I have been on a few teams. While what you say
about Shane is good in theory and a good way to go, that is not the reality of being on a team.
Losses suck and take a little time for some players to work through. Especially for the best.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Just having fun.

Its close when you take 9 ball and 10 ball into account
In the last major 10-ball event, specifically the 2019 World 10-ball Championship, Filler reached the final, bowing in a close one to Ko Ping Chung, and SVB missed the final 16.

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's simple, as Shane hasn't won over a deep internationally diverse field in a few years now. Filler, on the other hand, has won the WPA World 9-ball championship, the US Open 9-ball, the China Open, and has also been Mosconi MVP in that same period.

Greatness is measure in titles, not in Fargo.
In that case Filler has a long way to go to catch up to SVB’s greatness!
Seriously though, Filler is young and has a chance to win any tournament that he enters and who knows maybe catch up to SVB someday. But don’t take anything away SVB, he can still play at the same level. It could just come down to something simple as a good draw.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In that case Filler has a long way to go to catch up to SVB’s greatness!
Seriously though, Filler is young and has a chance to win any tournament that he enters and who knows maybe catch up to SVB someday. But don’t take anything away SVB, he can still play at the same level. It could just come down to something simple as a good draw.
With this I agree 100%. Filler's career cannot logically be compared to that of the legendary SVB. It's too early. SVB has the better resume, but Filler's list of achievements at 23 is probably better than that of anyone that's ever played the game was at that age.