Mosconi Cup dumping by Europe?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No dump.

If they could the Euros would twist the knife, rub salt in, and plunge the knife in just one more time for good measure.

And recall the immortal words of Ronnie Allen who, mid-match, turned to a displeased backer and yelled, “ Don’t you know dogging it looks a lot like dumping?!”

Lou Figueroa

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
No dump.

If they could the Euros would twist the knife, rub salt in, and plunge the knife in just one more time for good measure.

And recall the immortal words of Ronnie Allen who, mid-match, turned to a displeased backer and yelled, “ Don’t you know dogging it looks a lot like dumping?!”

Lou Figueroa

Right.. Because the Euros would totally place a higher value on embarrassing the Americans as thoroughly as possible, even at the cost of MatchRoom cancelling the Mosconi Cup due to perceived lack of competitiveness, which would mean the loss of thousands of dollars of income for the Euro players.

Russ

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but lebron was able to take it down

landscape-1471864240-creepy-smile-gif.gif

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not by a few thousand miles I would say. Nick has had a long history of choking. He did it in a crucial time in the match with Niels at the WCOP in 2014 if I am not mistaken...he was shooting the 7/8 ball as well and missed a routine shot & it pretty spelled their team's doom.

By the book, no.

Then again, excluding that shot, the rest of the match is full of odd shot choices, bad position and poor speed control by NVB. I'm not sure NVB shoots this bad on his worst days, lol.

Eric

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
So, watching Vandenberg v. Thorpe, rack 2 and 3 (so far). NVB overcuts the 6 ball to the side and way overhits the cb to get long on the 7. The 6 flukes into another pocket, so NVB cuts the 7 in but takes a path like he's looking to scratch in the side pocket. Then, under cuts the 8 (to hang it?) but it goes in. Next rack, NVB plays a long 1 ball into the corner and draws the cb into the opposite corner pocket.

o

Heres the match:

https://youtu.be/5JPq9KK-T_8

Eric

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not by a few thousand miles I would say. Nick has had a long history of choking. He did it in a crucial time in the match with Niels at the WCOP in 2014 if I am not mistaken...he was shooting the 7/8 ball as well and missed a routine shot & it pretty spelled their team's doom.

It was Niels not NVB who missed the 8. NVB left Niels poor position on the 8
https://youtu.be/hjwMvtNbA04?t=4m11s

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A really great dump doesn't come from missed shots. The greats get out of shape. The elite dump is leaving whitey where you foul. I've congratulated player's I was stake horsing for a great performance. I've had so many players go south on me, that is a huge compliment for a world class dump.