MOSCONI CUP LIVE (Score Updates)

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously they're all playing on the same equipment so it's not going to effect anything, but I can't believe some of the balls I've seen go in over the past few days. Every table I've ever played on, new cloth or not, would spit a ton of these balls back out.

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is actually a much longer race than you think. Well over 100 games of pool will be played in every MC. More like 140 or 150 games in total. It's a marathon match (Race to Eleven) broken up in single set Races to Five. Only difference in this and a long TAR style match is that there are several players on each side and not just one on one.

If two guys played a match that was Race to Eleven, and each point decided by a Race to Five, we would think that match was entirely too long! :rolleyes:

sry, that was supposed to be sarcastic........ :grin-square:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only been watching sporadically cause of my job and stuff to do at home, but are they really not playing on pro cut style pockets and something more akin to what you would find are pool halls? If it's the latter, I find that to be odd. With these pros you'd think they would want to make it as hard as it is.

Or is it because it's just another exhibition(albeit with lasrge sum payouts for both winners and losers) they want to try to entertain the crowd as much as possible?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Another stinker. Well played byEuropean tem consisting of two former world champions, who. Believe they were nistake free.

Ouch, I see we're only getting four mathces today regardless of the score.

Last edited:

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously they're all playing on the same equipment so it's not going to effect anything, but I can't believe some of the balls I've seen go in over the past few days. Every table I've ever played on, new cloth or not, would spit a ton of these balls back out.

I know it's the same equipment. It is just heartbreaking when we really needed a miss on that one...:frown: Well also a pot by SVB earlier but oh well.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sweet revenge for Appleton,who lost 11-2 to Dechaine at the US Open 9-ball in late October.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, Rodney is really showing what he's made of. He's the only one that's going out there fired up, optimistic and with a smile on his face. Maybe HE needs to be the next captain.

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only mistake in first doubles match was shane missing a 3 ball in second frame.
Oh and MD scratching in 8th game.
Otherwise perfect play on both sides - 5-2

PoolChump

Banned
Only Four Matches Today

Another stinker. Well played byEuropean tem consisting of two former world champions, who. Believe we're mistake free.

It would look really bad if there were five matches. With 4 matches, the USA Team doesn't look so disappointing. :frown:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another stinker. Well played byEuropean tem consisting of two former world champions, who. Believe we're mistake free.

Four might be all they need to get this over with. Maybe it's time some of our boys get off their butts and start traveling to all the big International events. They damn sure aren't going to get any better hanging around here and only playing on bar tables.

The cost of travel doesn't seem to stop the Filipino players from flying all over the world just to play in qualifiers! No wonder they all play so good, they're hungry and there are no soft events for them back home. You won't find a bar table in the PI! All they can do at home is gamble with each other, and they do that every day as well!

Last edited:

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, Rodney is really showing what he's made of. He's the only one that's going out there fired up, optimistic and with a smile on his face. Maybe HE needs to be the next captain.

Ha ha...even one of the commentators just said the same thing. He's the only one that seems to think he can win.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Only mistake in first doubles match was shane missing a 3 ball in second frame.
Oh and MD scratching in 8th game.
Otherwise perfect play on both sides - 5-2

2 mistakes in a race to 5 at this level is 2 too many..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've haven't heard Shane use excuses for his poor performance at the MC

I love Shane! But enough is enough. There is something wrong with his game in the MC and he needs to find a fix if he wants to continue to represent the USA. You can only be stubborn for so long.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You Reap What You Sow

Have American players qualify (in part) on barboxes they said

You don't know what it takes to being a few 9'ers into Vegas for pros to play on they said

League players can't relate to pros playing on those big tables they said

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Both times, Team EURO runs out. Can't spot world class players 2 games, race to 5 alternate break.

That's a four game swing! I can't even watch today I'm so disgusted with what I've seen so far. Something seriously lacking here!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Next case. Break and run after a good Rodney break, so us leads the match 1-0.

Sould be a little easier, only one world champion out there, but he's paired with the likely player of the year. No bargain.

JimmyD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi

This is so tough to watch!!! SVB should never play in this again, great player but doesnt care about this exibition in the lest bit! He should be Ice fishing right now...

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just saw the mentality and hustling tactics that are in the mindset of the USA players.
After Sky kicked and hit the 2, he walked slowly back to his chair walking in front of both European players sizing up their shot.
He whispers to Rodney, did you see me slow walk back and Rodney laughs and says oh you slow walked or something to that effect.