Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 447

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Europe. Dominant performance

While USA lost 3-11 compared to 2013 loss 2-11, this is worst loss ever in terms of racks won
2013 Won 50 racks to Europe 76 (39.7% win% )
2016 Won 41 racks to Europe 63 (39.4% win% )

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marcus giving a speech. He's so cute. I love Marcus. Crowd is singing. Marcus has to say one thing. Marcus said he used to live in the U.S. for 5 years. He said, "I know you guys are going to bounce back. America never gives up. I know what you guys are all about."

Marcus invited China, Philippines, everybody to come play his team. "Us six are together. We are in this together. Everybody is behind each other. This is a team. We're the best team in the world, and we showed it today, okay?" I love Marcus.

Albin gets MVP.

Confetti and trophy time.

Attachments

• tab.jpg
    tab.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 415

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jayson puts the finishing touches on an overwhelming win by Team Europe, just completely taking Mike out of the match! A combination of great safety play (thnx SJM), great bank shots under pressure, excellent ball pocketing (2 ball) all by Jay and a failed safety, missed bank and a missed 2 ball in the final rack all by Mike spelled doom for Team USA. 5-1 final score.

I want to say that I enjoyed the commentary by Jim and Phil, very professional and informative! The referees (Nigel Rees and Brendan Moore) were great from start to finish. When do they a good job no one notices!
The spectacle of the MC is unlike any other event in the pool world. Hats off to Matchroom for producing our greatest show of all! I guess that about sums it up for this year, an 11-3 ass whipping handed down by Team Europe!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson speaks and says his entire family is there supporting him in the audience. He's really exited to have made the winning ball.

Photo of Jayson right after he pocketed the 9-ball.

Attachments

• shaw.jpg
    shaw.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 386

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Interesting remarks...classy. But interesting in he raised the specter of another continental team competing against the EUROs...maybe it's time to have a team Philippines or larger team Asia enter the fray. Let's say there are three teams vying for the MC; two teams play to see winner play the cup holder for the cup. It would mean more pool! :D

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least Mike Dechaine shanked a corner bank win. :confused:

I have nothing bad to say about Mike. Seemed to keep his composure fairly well. My gripe is with the team as a whole. Right from day one, the only guys that seemed like they really wanted to be there and rock were Rodney and Woodward. And truthfully, it was probably Rodney that got Woodward fired up. You could even see it between racks. What happens on the European side? Everyone comes down and supports their players. The US side? Nothin'...someone occasionally shows up, but they just sit alone.

Whatever. Just hoping we get a real team together somehow.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting remarks...classy. But interesting in he raised the specter of another continental team competing against the EUROs...maybe it's time to have a team Philippines or larger team Asia enter the fray. Let's say there are three teams vying for the MC; two teams play to see winner play the cup holder for the cup. It would mean more pool! :D

I like it, maybe four teams in a playoff like they do in college football. That way we have three great matches to sweat!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bird's-eye view of the celebratory table shot of Team Europe jumping with glee!

Attachments

• taaa.jpg
    taaa.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 401