Mosconi Cup Music

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond , Shipping off to Boston - Dropkick Murphys........ I thought for a second that I was at a Red Sox game. Still gets the same response from me though........GO YANKS!!!!!!!

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it seems like they've been playing those songs for years..sure they're good, but with all the great american music out there, the best we can do is keep reusing neil diamond?
the players should get some input there, just like in other sports, but who knows- maybe shane's a fan...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it seems like they've been playing those songs for years..sure they're good, but with all the great american music out there, the best we can do is keep reusing neil diamond?
the players should get some input there, just like in other sports, but who knows- maybe shane's a fan...

This is the big boy world. Before we can discuss alternatives, we need to review licensing agreements.

What were they...and does it make $en$e to change?

Juice worth the squeeze, yuh know?

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the big boy world. Before we can discuss alternatives, we need to review licensing agreements.

*sigh,* spot on :)
what's funny tho, while I stand by my statement about american music, I was just thinking of rock bands I'd like to hear, and ac/dc, sabbath, and zep came to mind first :p

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
*sigh,* spot on :)
what's funny tho, while I stand by my statement about american music, I was just thinking of rock bands I'd like to hear, and ac/dc, sabbath, and zep came to mind first :p

I'd like matchroom to throw some dollars at Clutch, myself.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
clutch is bad! saw them live a few months ago and they rocked!

Yeah they do!!!
Check out the link I posted and tell me what you think about that shiizzznit.

How about Baltimore's dog fashion disco?! Great, but they broke up in like 2007 :eek:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah they do!!!
Check out the link I posted and tell me what you think about that shiizzznit.

How about Baltimore's dog fashion disco?! Great, but they broke up in like 2007 :eek:

the salamander song is cleansing..in a way :)
I looked up dfd..some interesting stuff- according to wikipedia, they got back together last year but who knows..

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not an entertainment attorney but I believe sporting events/venues are covered under the "fair use" act.....

"In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner."

So in other words, the DJ at the Mosconi Cup can play anything he wants. I heard Lionel Ritchie "all night long" earlier when Skyler was beating Shaw...I got a chuckle out of it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No lawyer here either, but I dont think the cup is can hide behind fair use.
It is a for-profit venture, which isnt the kind of use that is intended to have free access.

I'm not an entertainment attorney but I believe sporting events/venues are covered under the "fair use" act.....

"In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner."

So in other words, the DJ at the Mosconi Cup can play anything he wants. I heard Lionel Ritchie "all night long" earlier when Skyler was beating Shaw...I got a chuckle out of it.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No lawyer here either, but I dont think the cup is can hide behind fair use.
It is a for-profit venture, which isnt the kind of use that is intended to have free access.

I didn't take in the profit aspect. You could be right.
The fair use act made headlines recently because some band was angry at President Trump for using a song of theirs at his rally...I think it was Axel Rose of Guns N Roses...and he tweeted that they were hiding behind the Venue's established fair use act and could play the music.

I thought the Mosconi Cup thing was basically acting like a dance club and the DJ could play any tunes he felt, as long as those songs weren't marketed on or the reason they sold tickets.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the salamander song is cleansing..in a way :)
I looked up dfd..some interesting stuff- according to wikipedia, they got back together last year but who knows..

I am digging the salamander and the prior incarnation of those weirdos, sleepytime gorilla museum. Cali people are weird.

I did see dfd had reunion show(s?) recently, but they were acoustic shows. I am sure it would have been entertaining, but PASS. Plus, shows inBaltimore, a 50mi, 4hr trip in after-work traffic. Dubbel PASS!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Springsteen hollering about born to run use too.

Crazy mufukka!:eek:
I didn't take in the profit aspect. You could be right.
The fair use act made headlines recently because some band was angry at President Trump for using a song of theirs at his rally...I think it was Axel Rose of Guns N Roses...and he tweeted that they were hiding behind the Venue's established fair use act and could play the music.

I thought the Mosconi Cup thing was basically acting like a dance club and the DJ could play any tunes he felt, as long as those songs weren't marketed on or the reason they sold tickets.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else see that the music skylar came down to for this 1st singles was the music Hulk Hogan came down to the ring to? Real American.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else see that the music skylar came down to for this 1st singles was the music Hulk Hogan came down to the ring to? Real American.

Given today's allegation of the outcome being less than organic, pro wrestling wrestling is a funny ingredient.