Mosconi Cup week 2018

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

47573484_10156664758100115_2809395166954127360_n (1).jpg

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any updates would be appreciated to those of us that have a dead link to the Facebook mobile site.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So a Roku with no monthly subscriptions, I'm sorry but I'm just a tad bit confused. Anyway sounds like you have facebook so if you have a laptop (or desktop that is modern or close enough) then just run an HDMI cable between them, thats your easiest method I think. You won't have a long enough hdmi at this time (and for Pete sake don't run out and buy one) so the laptop would be the best deal natural. Your other easy and more direct method would be (if you felt like running out and buying something) would be a Chromecast, opening FB in chrome and then casting but if you're going to be a bit stuck on setting that up then hdmi is Casting for Dummies because it's that easy. Just remember to set your laptop to remain on when you close the lid so you don't have to keep it plugged and on (so to say) but that's a mini personal thing.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So a Roku with no monthly subscriptions, I'm sorry but I'm just a tad bit confused. Anyway sounds like you have facebook so if you have a laptop (or desktop that is modern or close enough) then just run an HDMI cable between them, thats your easiest method I think. You won't have a long enough hdmi at this time (and for Pete sake don't run out and buy one) so the laptop would be the best deal natural. Your other easy and more direct method would be (if you felt like running out and buying something) would be a Chromecast, opening FB in chrome and then casting but if you're going to be a bit stuck on setting that up then hdmi is Casting for Dummies because it's that easy. Just remember to set your laptop to remain on when you close the lid so you don't have to keep it plugged and on (so to say) but that's a mini personal thing.

I just run an HDMI with the end that matches my Android to the TV, same for Netflix.
Jason

jbullerjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch Facebook on my tv with my amazon Firestick.
$39.95 or so.
Works very well.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I bought Tiger Stream a few years ago. It's a little box that you hook your broadband up to. I think I paid $250 for it. Never paid a cable bill since.

I can get any channel I want to watch live sports, PPV fights, every NFL game, all free because they're streaming it.

I can get Sky Sports, ESPN3, all of them. Although, I'll probably just go to the built in browser and watch it on facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking 1st day lineup, USA has good chance to take early lead 3-2. At worst , Europe takes slight lead 3-2

1st day predictions :
Team Europe -Team USA 1-0 (Europe always wins team match)
Ouschan /Shaw v Thorpe /Woodward 0-1 (Thorpe /Woodward better chemistry)
Feijen v Styer 1-0 (Feijen has one of best winning record )
Kaci/ Kazakis v Deuel/ Van Boening 0-1 ( Poor choice to put 2 debutants together in their first match . Likely they will get shell shocked . Plus they have different paces- one plays like a snail)
Shaw v Van Boening 0-1 (Shane beat Jayson on 1st day exactly 1 year ago)

1st Day Europe 2-3 USA

That may not be enough to win Cup. USA will put on their best performance in years but Europe will get their act together and win 11-8 or 11-9 . USA will double number of matches they won last year.
:grin:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just run an HDMI with the end that matches my Android to the TV, same for Netflix.
Jason

Oh many of us can jerry rig all sorts of things but sizing up the OP with no subscription and possibly no time I just figure he had to of least ran an hdmi to the tv from the roku and next a laptop no matter the age was a possibility and with an hdmi ( although I did work on a friends laptop once that was so old it didn't have hdmi, and yes he was the victim of my jokes for a while) then he's up and running in under 2 minutes.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Works on my Roku 3.
Get the SCREEN MIRRORING APP.
Enable screen mirroring on your Roku.
Then you can cast anything on your phone. (FB included) right to your TV.
App is kinda funky sometimes but good for the most part.
Easy.

Last edited:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Oh many of us can jerry rig all sorts of things but sizing up the OP with no subscription and possibly no time I just figure he had to of least ran an hdmi to the tv from the roku and next a laptop no matter the age was a possibility and with an hdmi ( although I did work on a friends laptop once that was so old it didn't have hdmi, and yes he was the victim of my jokes for a while) then he's up and running in under 2 minutes.

No laptop either. Ex girlfriend took a cheap used one I bought for $50. When I told a coworker a few years ago the last computer I bought had windows millennium on it. He just about fell over and sold me that laptop. I don't mind she got it, I kept the dog, solid trade. :thumbup:

You guys have given me some solid ways to watch, thanks. Now, I just need my days off Thurs and Fri to come.

Last edited: