Mosconi cup

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you're a step behind buddy. 15mm tip isn't the latest earl invention - the plateau shoes are. get with it.
Earl is trying anything and everything to try to re-capture some semblance of the game that he had decades ago. I know this because I’m a little older than Earl and I’m experimenting with all sorts of stuff as well for the same reasons.

The bottom line is that we can’t turn back the clock. Pool is a game (much like golf) that you will peak in your 20s and 30s and can still play strong through your 40s, but by the time you are in your 60s and having played regularly since you were very young, you are in a rapid decline and nothing you can do will stop that.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you actually think he was chosen for pool ability? part of it is payback for the covid fiasco last time but mostly its because MR knows that Euroweenie fans love to hate him. don't ever lose sight this is a made-4-brit-tv soap opera.
They want to see Earl melt down and break his cue.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's gonna' be sh*t or get off the pot for Earl today, with him scheduled for three out of the six matches.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll ask the unpopular question:

Why do some of you have a problem with the fan's choice when you clearly never even voted?

You can't ask how the vote is taken while also bitching about the pick. Get out there and vote!
Yes, I’ll admit I’m guilty of not voting! If there are any additional fans pics coming up for the next two days, if someone here can let me know how to do it, I will - thanks!

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I’ll admit I’m guilty of not voting! If there are any additional fans pics coming up for the next two days, if someone here can let me know how to do it, I will - thanks!
Trust me, it's not just you. Facebook is blowing up with people complaining about the choices, yet none of them seemed to have actually participated in the process.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Earl is trying anything and everything to try to re-capture some semblance of the game that he had decades ago. I know this because I’m a little older than Earl and I’m experimenting with all sorts of stuff as well for the same reasons.

The bottom line is that we can’t turn back the clock. Pool is a game (much like golf) that you will peak in your 20s and 30s and can still play strong through your 40s, but by the time you are in your 60s and having played regularly since you were very young, you are in a rapid decline and nothing you can do will stop that.

Earl often (or at least sometimes) has interesting thoughts on pool mechanics and equipment. Can anyone guess his thinking with platform shoes? I've always thought I was at a disadvantage being tall as I have to stoop more than someone who is 5'5 (the average height when pool table height became standardized).

With Earl's platforms it looks like he is bending his knees a lot more than he once did.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which announcer is the guy who keeps bringing up Chris Reinhold's missed 5 ball from last year?

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
you actually think he was chosen for pool ability? part of it is payback for the covid fiasco last time but mostly its because MR knows that Euroweenie fans love to hate him. don't ever lose sight this is a made-4-brit-tv soap opera.
Yes I believe his pool ability was a large part of it. Of course they want him to melt down but it appears he isn't inclined to oblige and good for him. Give me your names of US players who are better right now? Who is going to step up under the lights?