Mosconi cup

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say it every year, but I have no idea how this isn’t a bigger event. I think ESPN will eventually realize how good of a product it is (specifically the Mosconi Cup).
You do know that ESPN doesn't just show stuff, right? They get paid to show it. ESPN will not be showing pool again anytime soon.

Fleece3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does this mean the rumors are true about Emily trying to pay off certain Team Europe players to dump their matches?
Oh Boy! Here was go. "It was stolen", "1000's of cubes on illegitimate of chalk showed up in the middle of the night", "The ballot boxes (I mean corner pockets) were stuffed!!!"

BlueRaider

Registered
You do know that ESPN doesn't just show stuff, right? They get paid to show it. ESPN will not be showing pool again anytime soon.
What do you mean by "stuff?" Which sports pay to be on ESPN?

ESPN pays out the nose for its marquee sports. $2 billion annually for Monday Night Football alone.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you mean by "stuff?" Which sports pay to be on ESPN?

ESPN pays out the nose for its marquee sports. $2 billion annually for Monday Night Football alone.
How do think cornhole is on? Because they PAY ESPN to show it. MC is hardly a marquee event for ESPN.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Second match was quick and all Euro’s way, highlighted by our first controversy, over the rack of course. Euro wins 5-1. We’re tied 1-1.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting choice to pair up the US's two worst players in the first doubles match.

i guess alex wanted his rookie to dip his toes early, so that made sense. maybe JJ wanted the same for the two players on his team who have been absent from the cup the longest time, idk

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i guess alex wanted his rookie to dip his toes early, so that made sense. maybe JJ wanted the same for the two players on his team who have been absent from the cup the longest time, idk
It's not the worst idea. Put in the sacrificial lambs and only lose 1 point in the process. And if they had somehow won it would have been a huge morale boost.