Mosconi cup

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Also I have a question. Do they hold up cheer signs to the audience? I find it distracting and forced the amount of cheering that goes on...on the players side too. How much is first prize? I think its 30k split 4 ways? Hardly life altering. I just don't think pool is exciting enough to warrant cheering. I mean maybe after a win or some amazing shot but there was a point I recall where they were cheering every single shot lol...I mean come on.
If you knew any less...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having been to a few of these my recollection is that they do not prompt the audience with Applause/Cheer signs.

However I believe they did try and get the crowd to cheer as they were about to go on the air.

Lou Figueroa

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stupid format. This should be a world cup with teams representing countries...not the US against Europe. The US never wins because Europe has the best players...maybe China and the Philippines to...and Taiwan etc....you get the idea that every country can produce stellar players. The US does not have the best players in the world and never really has so its a tall order.
I'm forced to nearly agree.

CanadianGuy

Earl missing and then blaming Oscar....complete unacceptable and really quite pathetic considering his miss

Oscar felt that sting

There has been criticism towards Shaw over is treatment towards Earl, and yet Earl does this, peas in a pod

god only knows what else he's been saying that has not been captured on camera

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl missing and then blaming Oscar....complete unacceptable and really quite pathetic considering his miss

Oscar felt that sting

There has been criticism towards Shaw over is treatment towards Earl, and yet Earl does this, peas in a pod

god only knows what else he's been saying that has not been captured on camera
Again, where did earl blame oscar?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAY 2 Lineup
1st match is Fan choice singles so we could see back to back SVB v Filler in 1st and 2nd matches

day2  mc.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are tits on the pool table. But this is first time there is a real exposed tit in a pool broadcast. :ROFLMAO:

tt11.jpg

S
Oscar was being hard on himself when he left Earl kinda bad on a shot. Earl said "you should have followed it". Can't believe this is drama for some people.
See DRAMA sells. How do you think nascar got so popular? It was a fight that broke out on wide world of sports...youtube it because there is a whole documentary about it.

I am actually going to watch the game with Earl and Oscar to see this interaction...and to confirm what I believe to be true that Oscar should have followed it. Now, you cannot fake drama like they try to do with all the cheering over nothing...but things happen like the Jeremy jones f up that help the game...he brought way more attention to that match because of his f up than if he had made the ball or won the match whatever it was...see I still don't know! Remember the movie Tin cup? He would be remembered more for hitting that water trap like 20 times than if he won the green jacket.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to watch any match with Earl in it. Respect his career but at this point it is a joke and they are just trying to get him to blow up on the big stage.

Also diminishes the competitiveness of the cup having earl on the team. If he is the fan’s choice don’t know that I can watch next year if they put him back on the team.